The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcarrier

Not sure if I posted this on before ...from boards.ie after Lexus. Ted Walsh giving out about Nicholls  ;D

QuoteMicrophone picks him up calling Paul Nicholls a ''Mongrel'' and not only once says it a few times,Paul had only been saying he was cursing Ruby for being so far back
You gotta love ted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-__CqnyK7Oo @ 9m15s its around

Hardy

I'd guess that's a term of admiration and respect from Ted there, bcarrier.

Mickey Linden

Is dawn approach worth a bet at 6/4? Can't really see anything else touching him

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

maddog

How likely is the favourite to stay on breeding? Sea the Stars and Camelot have done the guineas and derby double in recent years but overall the record is patchy enough is it not?

illdecide

DH i agree with you, 6/4 is poor odds. i thnik the value bet is Libertarian EW. Currently 16/1. According to his trainer this morning the horse likes the course and todays going and they were pretty confident ahead of the race. (although i suppose all the trainers are)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: maddog on June 01, 2013, 10:30:45 AM
How likely is the favourite to stay on breeding? Sea the Stars and Camelot have done the guineas and derby double in recent years but overall the record is patchy enough is it not?

I think the stats are 22 attempts in 40 years with 3 or 4 successful (2 in recent years). Camelot was always seen as more of a derby horse than a guineas speed merchant I believe while the dam side seems to be the stamina weakness for Dawn Approach. Also telling that Bolger hadn't originally entered him in the Derby. Have taken an each way chance with Chopin myself.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

RealSpiritof98

Help, did a 50p lucky 15 and £1.25 ew acc to kill the tenner

Riverboat Springs 2nd 9/2
Fair Value 4th 12/1
Libertarian 2nd 16/1
Rock n River 2nd 8/1

Question is Do I get my ew acc up? Fair value was a 17 runner handicap dont really remember the rules.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Yes, standard terms were 4 places in the Dash.

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Donnellys Hollow

Another great sporting icon of one's youth passed on. RIP Sir Henry Cecil.

Lecale2

TacadoirArdMhacha

Any views on Ascot lads? Steamed into the 4/1 on the Animal Kingdom / Dawn Approach double. Mug's stuff I know.

ardchieftain

Done the same but didn't exactly ' steam in '. I find it 100 times more difficult to get winners on the flat so i tread with caution and often simply don't bother having a bet. Might add Reckless Abandon in a trixie to the aforementioned pair.

Donnellys Hollow

I've not had a bet in the St James Palace yet but I think Magician will turn over Dawn Approach. The Curragh race looked stronger than it's Newmarket equivalent.

Alive Alive Oh could be the bet of the week in the Ribblesdale. She looked a filly going places when she won at Naas and the second has franked the form running Midnight Soprano to a neck. If the ground stays lively then Duntle will take all the beating in the Windsor Forest.