U20 All Ireland series

Started by Farrandeelin, July 04, 2018, 10:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Over the moon with that win. Long overdue.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Jinxy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 05, 2018, 02:52:10 PM
Kildare don't win All-Ireland's so absolutely brilliant for the lads and the county. Amazing achievement and what a journey for those lads, a great end to a rollercoaster summer of football for Kildare's inter county teams.

Who would you bring straight into the senior panel, Dinny?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

Fair play to Cian O'Neill, he resesited the temptation to call up some of these guys into the senior team. It's not easy to park your ego when you're only as good as your last game in this modern world and he was under massive pressure after the Carlow debacle. If he stays on he now has 6 maybe more All Ireland winners to call upon, the energy that will bring next year is an intangible but can only be a positive.

Davy Burke the manager is only 30 years old but has a great coaching age, he is developing quite a rep. A very possible future Kildare manager. Already guaranteed legendary status.
#newbridgeornowhere

maigheo

Well done Kildare and deserving winners and Jimmy Hyland is a gem of a forward

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Jinxy on August 05, 2018, 04:21:21 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 05, 2018, 02:52:10 PM
Kildare don't win All-Ireland's so absolutely brilliant for the lads and the county. Amazing achievement and what a journey for those lads, a great end to a rollercoaster summer of football for Kildare's inter county teams.

Who would you bring straight into the senior panel, Dinny?

O'Neill, Giollain, Dempsey and Hyland are already there. I like Barret and McLoughlin who's been carrying an injury throughout. Masterson is a shoe in as O'Neill and Sweeney are club mates. Jack Robinson who opted out of this group to go travelling, he was pick of these as a minor could be another.

#newbridgeornowhere

Farrandeelin

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 05, 2018, 01:45:52 PM
Good game in an empty stadium. Some rate of scoring.

Pity it wasn't in the midlands.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

macdanger2

well done kildare, definitely the better team. Good spirit from our lads to stay in it and but for the missed goal chance, we could have sneaked it.

Lunacy from Flynn for the sending off

GalwayBayBoy

Just seen the Mayo red card there. Talk about the red mist descending.

An Fhairche Abu

It's hard to believe someone could lose it that badly, he flipped completely.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on August 05, 2018, 07:05:26 PM
It's hard to believe someone could lose it that badly, he flipped completely.

It was a clear Kildare free kick before he lost the plot too, complete irrational rage.

Substandard

A couple of minutes before that, something happened the far side of the field.  I didn't see clearly, but he seemed to be trying to get the ref's attention, and from where I was, he looked to be pointing at his eye.
Kildare full value for their win, but credit Mayo for hanging on and keeping it competitive.

Farrandeelin

Haven't looked at fb or twitter all day, but I wonder what the reaction is. Totally stupid, a 12 week ban for him now more than likely. Maybe more. Well done Kildare, it was an enjoyable enough game. At least our lads hung in there until the end after going well behind early on. Unfortunately hanging in there isn't good enough to win.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 05, 2018, 08:11:55 PM
Haven't looked at fb or twitter all day, but I wonder what the reaction is. Totally stupid, a 12 week ban for him now more than likely. Maybe more. Well done Kildare, it was an enjoyable enough game. At least our lads hung in there until the end after going well behind early on. Unfortunately hanging in there isn't good enough to win.

A few clowns having a go at him, he's not the first player to lose control of his emotions. It didn't cost his team, I would give him a 12 week ban though. You just have to lay down zero tolerance. Good player though.
#newbridgeornowhere

Blowitupref

What was Flynn sent off for originally does anyone know? The TV had the Mayo management on the screen when the incident happened and their reaction said it all.  I presume he will get at least 12 week ban for pushing the ref
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

oliverkelly

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 05, 2018, 08:32:16 PM
What was Flynn sent off for originally does anyone know? The TV had the Mayo management on the screen when the incident happened and their reaction said it all.  I presume he will get at least 12 week ban for pushing the ref

I seen it mentioned somewhere that he had pushed the ref originally and thats why he was getting the red only to do it again. If that's the case it quite possibly could be 6 or 12 month ban as it would hardly fall under minor interference category