Inside the Gate an AIB documentary behind the scenes with the Rossies

Started by AZOffaly, October 13, 2017, 12:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: Blowitupref on October 19, 2017, 06:01:08 PM
The 3rd Episode shows that winning a provincial title still means a lot to some counties . Great scenes at the clubs they returned too and Roscommon town.
When you haven't won it in a while it sure dies.
However if you're going for 12th in 13 years or the only issue is will Kerry make 100 before Cork make 50......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

blast05

Quote from: Syferus on October 18, 2017, 04:44:07 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 18, 2017, 04:17:46 PM
To be officially announced next weekend or during the coming week.
Enda had to talk to his new Employers (AIB) to see if they'd let him off.
They will so he's going.
I presume Joe K is going through lads these days to see who can or can't go.

It would have been a poor show if the lads sponsoring the football championships and producing documentaries on the sport wouldn't let their own employee play for their country.

Why would you chose to focus on the negative and incredibly unlikely scenario ?

Anyway, well done Enda Smith

Rossfan

The daft team selection for the replay seemed to go down like a lead balloon.

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on October 20, 2017, 05:51:20 PM

Beyond the bit with Fintan we were shown no reactions. McStay as already publically said he made a mistake with the selection. From what McHale was saying we appeared to have got too sucked into thinking about what Mayo were going to do and not enough on what we could do ourselves.

weareros

Interesting after the replay, the documentary showed no reaction from McStay. All we got was him eating a banana at half time. Perhaps that was for effect. His speeches were fairly rousing up until that.

Tubberman

Quote from: Syferus on October 20, 2017, 06:13:48 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 20, 2017, 05:51:20 PM

Beyond the bit with Fintan we were shown no reactions. McStay as already publically said he made a mistake with the selection. From what McHale was saying we appeared to have got too sucked into thinking about what Mayo were going to do and not enough on what we could do ourselves.

Yeah, McHale seemed worried, they obviously hadn't had time to get the players comfortable with the new gameplan in a week, if they ever could.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

magpie seanie

Not a fan of McStay as I've mentioned a few times but he came up a bit in my estimation. He nearly convinced me he was a Rossie at one stage! Seeing that passion always makes me view a guy more favourably.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 23, 2017, 03:26:22 PM
Not a fan of McStay as I've mentioned a few times but he came up a bit in my estimation. He nearly convinced me he was a Rossie at one stage! Seeing that passion always makes me view a guy more favourably.
I'd say he's lived in roscommon longer than in mayo

GetOverTheBar

Haven't watched the final episode yet myself but 1-3 really good viewing, nice to have that kind of insight into the game at that level.

I think this is the way forward though, it'll become more common and actually could be a serious marketing ploy if County Boards knew how to push this.

Rossfan

I don't know about that.
Grand if it's done occasionally but 32 of these coming out every year.......???

ballinaman

Surely the days of blood and thunder in the dressing room before games is coming to an end...no impact on the game in my opinion, just being done...because you know it's always been done.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Rossfan on October 24, 2017, 10:03:45 AM
I don't know about that.
Grand if it's done occasionally but 32 of these coming out every year.......???

6 mins an ep though....The Rossies know!

AZOffaly

Quote from: ballinaman on October 24, 2017, 10:13:22 AM
Surely the days of blood and thunder in the dressing room before games is coming to an end...no impact on the game in my opinion, just being done...because you know it's always been done.

I don't think so. It's about tapping into the mood and making sure everyone is ready to go. Sometimes you need the blood and thunder, sometimes you don't. I don't think shouting and roaring before every game is vital, but in a big game, where the first 10-15 minutes will set the tone, there's still a place for a bit of it.

In a team environment different people react differently to different things, but in general most players like to be 'up' for a big game and the big 'come on' is a real tension releaser.