Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 07, 2017, 04:03:32 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 07, 2017, 04:01:23 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 07, 2017, 03:47:37 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 07, 2017, 03:37:29 PM
The panel on the top 3 and the gap

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheSundayGame/status/894311536369352705/video/1

I would love it Mayo beat Kerry.
Tyrone haven't beaten anyone

So they've failed to beat Kerry and Dublin in about 7/8 Championship football games now.
Who have Mayo beaten?
They beat some team from Ulster in the quarter final last year

They also beat them in the semi a few years ago
I don't believe Kerry have beaten Dublin either. They beat Donegal in 2014 and Donegal had beaten Dublin
Tyrone haven't beaten anyone yet

And who have Mayo beaten?

Il Bomber Destro

There is no Top 4, Top 3 or Top 2.

There is a Top 1 (Dublin) and 3 teams at the minute who can conceivably put it up to them - Kerry, Mayo and Tyrone.

Kerry have had three cracks at Dublin now under Gavin, 2013, 2015 and 2016 - all ending in defeats.

Mayo have had three cracks at Dublin under Gavin, two ending in Dublin wins after replays and another defeat in 2013.

Tyrone have yet to meet Dublin but they are definitely the most similar in tactical composition to the only side to topple Dublin under Gavin in Championship football. This Tyrone side only really joined the top table in 2015 so this is a big game for them and I'm confident they have what it takes.

Mayo and Kerry will be an interesting game, it's a game Mayo really should have won two three years ago. If Mayo bring a sustained level of drive and energy that they brought today against Kerry next week they have every chance.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 07, 2017, 04:22:06 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 07, 2017, 04:13:29 PM

So they've failed to beat Kerry and Dublin in about 7/8 Championship football games now.
Who have Mayo beaten?

I don't believe Kerry have beaten Dublin either. They beat Donegal in 2014 and Donegal had beaten Dublin

Tyrone x2, Donegal x2, Kildare, Cork x2
Throw in three draws with Dublin and Kerry
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

seafoid

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 07, 2017, 04:33:04 PM

There is a Top 1 (Dublin) and 3 teams at the minute who can conceivably put it up to them - Kerry, Mayo and Tyrone.

Kerry have had three cracks at Dublin now under Gavin, 2013, 2015 and 2016 - all ending in defeats.

Mayo have had three cracks at Dublin under Gavin, two ending in Dublin wins after replays and another defeat in 2013.

Tyrone have yet to meet Dublin but they are definitely the most similar in tactical composition to the only side to topple Dublin under Gavin in Championship football. This Tyrone side only really joined the top table in 2015 so this is a big game for them and I'm confident they have what it takes.

Mayo and Kerry will be an interesting game, it's a game Mayo really should have won two three years ago. If Mayo bring a sustained level of drive and energy that they brought today against Kerry next week they have every chance.
Tyrone were relegated to Division 2 in 2015. Champions of Ulster doesn't necessarily mean anything. cf Monaghan
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RedHand88

Quote from: seafoid on August 07, 2017, 04:56:22 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 07, 2017, 04:33:04 PM

Tyrone were relegated to Division 2 in 2015. Champions of Ulster doesn't necessarily mean anything. cf Monaghan

Cork finished top of the league in the same year. Its yesterdays news.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 07, 2017, 04:50:57 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 07, 2017, 04:22:06 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 07, 2017, 04:13:29 PM

Who have Mayo beaten?

Tyrone x2, Donegal x2, Kildare, Cork x2
Throw in three draws with Dublin and Kerry

Draws only matter if you go and win the replay.

Cork are a busted flush since 2011.
Kildare have never been serious challengers.
Tyrone are only really serious contenders since 2015.
Donegal had their appetite sated in 2012 and they were finished as a serious contender after 2014.

Mayo have had four attempts at Dublin and Kerry and didn't win any.
Kerry's win in 2014 will have a big asterisk beside it as Donegal did their dirty work.
Tyrone have came up short against Mayo and Kerry in the last two years.

There's the big one and the other three and that's the reality.

seafoid

Bomber, you are like a northern version of Syferus.

"This Tyrone side only really joined the top table in 2015 so this is a big game for them and I'm confident they have what it takes." was hilarious.

Are you by any chance Tyrone''s mother ?

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: seafoid on August 07, 2017, 05:24:01 PM
Bomber, you are like a northern version of Syferus.

"This Tyrone side only really joined the top table in 2015 so this is a big game for them and I'm confident they have what it takes." was hilarious.

Are you by any chance Tyrone''s mother ?

It's amusing the way Galway are now a nothing county in gaelic football terms.

Is it now 16 years since you won a Championship game at Croke Park?

Ball Hopper

Tyrone will have to prove they belong in the conversation the next day out.  Seeing as the best Kerry or Mayo can do against Dublin is a draw, what chances Tyrone and Dublin draw?

In fact, what odds both semifinals go to replays?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Ball Hopper on August 07, 2017, 05:27:34 PM
Tyrone will have to prove they belong in the conversation the next day out.  Seeing as the best Kerry or Mayo can do against Dublin is a draw, what chances Tyrone and Dublin draw?

The best Mayo have done is a draw.

The best Kerry have done is lose.

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 07, 2017, 05:29:46 PM

And thus far Tyrone have failed to qualify for the latter stages and be part of the discussion.  New territory for Tyrone.  Who knows how they will handle it.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Ball Hopper on August 07, 2017, 05:33:53 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 07, 2017, 05:29:46 PM

And thus far Tyrone have failed to qualify for the latter stages and be part of the discussion.  New territory for Tyrone.  Who knows how they will handle it.

We know Kerry haven't had it against the Dubs.

We know Mayo have had it but shot themselves in the foot.

We don't know whether Tyrone have it or have not.

The known against the unknown.

The only team to topple Dublin under Gavin have been an Ulster side who played a defend in numbers, counter attacking game - similar to Tyrone.