All Ireland Quarter Final;Roscommon v Mayo Sunday July 30th

Started by maigheo, July 23, 2017, 01:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on August 06, 2017, 06:27:15 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on August 06, 2017, 06:17:41 PM
Do I sense a nervousness from the land of stolen sheep . Aye I thought so.

Terribly never pis. We've so much to lose.

Yer an awful bolix in real life too. Windy coont
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

When your standing on the cusp of greatness it can generate a few butterflies.
Tomorrow is a day for not taking one backward step. Look them in the eye and lave them floundering on their fat Rhubarb arses.
Even if we don't win just let  us live up to our motto be "NOT ONE STEP BACKWARDS"
Alarm set, flashkeen washed, sandwich material bought, tractor filled with dodgy diesel ...... what can possibly go wrong?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Hitting the road soon. I'm very nervous whatever about Rossfan and Syf. I know it's a cliché but whoever has learned more from the last day will win. I'm just afraid that Ros will - or both will have learned the same amount, if the latter is the case then Roscommon's fresher legs could win it for them. Hope I'm wrong. Not as many travelling from my neck of the woods. Hope they're proven wrong also. May the best team win so long as it's Mayo. Safe travels to all. Up Mayo.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

omagh_gael

Any idea of the expected crowd? Between 35,000 and 40,000?

seafoid

Best if luck to the neighbours. Ros are the young bucks and Mayo the old dogs for the hard road.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on August 06, 2017, 11:49:49 PM
When your standing on the cusp of greatness it can generate a few butterflies.

The far side of the Suck from Ballinasloe? There are all sorts of fauna there, not just butterflies

Aaron Boone

Rossfan

Time to hit the road to Maynooth and then train to Croker.
C'mon Ros ye can do it lads.
If it doesn't happen let the experience be a springboard to better things over the next few years.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

vallankumous

Quote from: Rossfan on August 07, 2017, 09:06:48 AM
If it doesn't happen let the experience be a springboard to better things over the next few years.

All the best. I hope ye do it. Don't spend the mortgage money.

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on August 07, 2017, 09:06:48 AM
It has to be built on

Pure usheless otherwise

Il Bomber Destro

Big day for Roscommon, they showed me they have a bit of grit and heart which I didn't think they had previously last week.

In saying that I felt a few Mayo players look noticeably fatigued last week, O'Shea in particular after the ET in Limerick. I expect that they'll be fresher this time around and will be breaking tackles with a lot more success.

From a neutral perspective you'd prefer Mayo in the semi-final as they can put it up to Kerry, though they need vast improvements. You get the feeling Roscommon would just be cannon fodder for Kerry.

Mayo's bench would be a huge worry, bar Loftus they are getting very little out of this are and with the starting XV having so many miles on the clock, it has to be of big concern. You have guys like Kirby and Boland who seemed to get a lot of football in the league and now they're nowhere to be seen.

Blowitupref

Kerry aren't going to get it easy regardless who they play in the semi final IMO. Mayo we already know can put it up to Kerry while if Roscommon are good enough to beat Mayo their confidence would be high to give Kerry a right good rattle.

Anyway hopefully today's replay is another close competitive game may the best team win.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

sid waddell

It's currently not raining in Dublin and it has been dry all morning.

Unless it starts raining soon, it's game over for Roscommon.

omagh_gael

Wildweasel74

Give me line ups; running commentary and score by score the whole way lads, in at work and cant even use the radio!!!