Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 05, 2017, 01:51:30 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 05, 2017, 12:35:56 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 05, 2017, 12:20:22 AM
Quote from: blast05 on August 04, 2017, 11:57:57 PM
Quote from: mrhardyannual on August 04, 2017, 10:56:45 PM
Quote from: highorlow on August 04, 2017, 10:53:42 PM
Thankfully Leroy is starting.
Looks like there was a scare
http://www.con-telegraph.ie/news/roundup/articles/2017/08/04/4144050-lee-keegan-fitness-fears-allayed-ahead-of-replay/

He went to the hospital for precautionary treatment.... not his GP, not the team doc.... strange
Probably total fiction to get us to think we'll have it handy.
No one buying it (except Syfīn of course)

Err, everyone is buying it besides the people with conspiracy-adled minds.
Syferus, a mhac, I've been feeling distinctly uneasy for the last few days. Couldn't be quite sure of what was causing my angst but it had something to do with this board.
Suddenly I came across the post I'm responding to and everything clicked into place.
Believe it or not, I am genuinely concerned about you behaviour on the board. I know, the rest of humanity will think I'm as much on the Kildare side as you are but I still think you are a sound bloke; dysfunctional okay but not the worst I've come across.
I stuck up a post the other night ay 12:08 because I was bored, facing a long bus trip and had been without sleep for a long time. Anyway, I got my facts wrong, as you were quick to point out.
Fair enough, except that you were far too quick for my p[eace of mind.
You replied at 12:20, about 12 minutes later. I imagine that you had to head to RTE.ie, do a screen grab, crop it and then upload it to Flickr before linking it to your post.
You said the image was "taken 5 minutes ago."
Give or take a minute or so, you had to have read my post less than 7 minutes after I had posted it. After midnight and you were still on the alert for fresh posts!!
Do you take a break at all?
You keep on and on about conspiracies and hatred as if you feel that everyone else is out to get you. You asked me recently if I hated Roscommon more than I hated Dublin-- or something like that.
FFS, why would I hate either? If Ross beats Mayo on Monday, I hope they go the full distance- no problem with that. I'd safely say most Mayo fans would do likewise and most Rossies would reciprocate.
Your obsession with all things Mayo is patently obvious to most who post here as you can gather from the amount of dismissive, sarcastic and totally heartfelt responses you keep getting.
I don't mind a bit of slaggiing and maybe I do like knocking a few baas out of any sheep in my way from time to time but the only one who still doesn't cop on is you.
Maybe you should take an overdue break.
I am being serious ; chill out and enjoy life; we only get one chance to do so.

You just typed up a gospel on a screen grab that takes me five seconds to capture and barely twice as long to upload. The irony is overwhelming.

From the Bunker

Mayo team 5 years ago!

A few changes in personnel - Wonder where the O'Sheas were hiding?

mrhardyannual

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 05, 2017, 01:41:16 PM
Quote from: mrhardyannual on August 05, 2017, 11:34:44 AM
A hamstring or groin strain might give cause for concern over Keegan but unless a blister was huge it would be unlikely to hamper him greatly. Despite all the talk about Mayo's lack of options I think the panel is deeper now than it has been in the past. The main problem seems to be one of concentration and focus. When the backs have been to the wall the team seems to be able to find a gear and kick on. With no disrespect to Roscommon, I think all the attention of the team has been on playing two big games at the end of the season v Kerry & Dublin. This lack of focus on the team in front of them has nearly led to their demise against Derry and Ros and could do so again on Monday. However I remain confident that we will kick on again.
There isn't some kind of magical button for Rockford to turn on if this Quarter final is won, Mayos form has been at consistent level under Rochford and the focus the same throughout e.g make yourself hard to beat. As for the "deeper" panel in options well how many of the subs namely Kirby,Coen,Nally,Boland,Regan,Drake,Loftus would be classed as established senior county players?
I never suggested that there was a "Magic Button" that Rochford could push... only that a greater focus by all members of the team/panel could result in much improved performance. As this has been the case in the past, it's not unreasonable to suggest that it might again be the case. The best Mayo performances have usually come when their chances are dismissed against Dublin, Kerry or Tyrone. With respect to the Mayo subs that you listed, they have all had a reasonable exposure to top level senior football, at least as much as David Byrne,  Eric Lowdnes, Darren Daly, Con O Callaghan, Shane Carthy & Con O Callaghan of Dublin, none of whom they would be reluctant to start or introduce.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on August 05, 2017, 01:59:17 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 05, 2017, 01:51:30 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 05, 2017, 12:35:56 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 05, 2017, 12:20:22 AM
Quote from: blast05 on August 04, 2017, 11:57:57 PM
Quote from: mrhardyannual on August 04, 2017, 10:56:45 PM
Quote from: highorlow on August 04, 2017, 10:53:42 PM
Thankfully Leroy is starting.
Looks like there was a scare
http://www.con-telegraph.ie/news/roundup/articles/2017/08/04/4144050-lee-keegan-fitness-fears-allayed-ahead-of-replay/

He went to the hospital for precautionary treatment.... not his GP, not the team doc.... strange
Probably total fiction to get us to think we'll have it handy.
No one buying it (except Syfīn of course)

Err, everyone is buying it besides the people with conspiracy-adled minds.
Syferus, a mhac, I've been feeling distinctly uneasy for the last few days. Couldn't be quite sure of what was causing my angst but it had something to do with this board.
Suddenly I came across the post I'm responding to and everything clicked into place.
Believe it or not, I am genuinely concerned about you behaviour on the board. I know, the rest of humanity will think I'm as much on the Kildare side as you are but I still think you are a sound bloke; dysfunctional okay but not the worst I've come across.
I stuck up a post the other night ay 12:08 because I was bored, facing a long bus trip and had been without sleep for a long time. Anyway, I got my facts wrong, as you were quick to point out.
Fair enough, except that you were far too quick for my p[eace of mind.
You replied at 12:20, about 12 minutes later. I imagine that you had to head to RTE.ie, do a screen grab, crop it and then upload it to Flickr before linking it to your post.
You said the image was "taken 5 minutes ago."
Give or take a minute or so, you had to have read my post less than 7 minutes after I had posted it. After midnight and you were still on the alert for fresh posts!!
Do you take a break at all?
You keep on and on about conspiracies and hatred as if you feel that everyone else is out to get you. You asked me recently if I hated Roscommon more than I hated Dublin-- or something like that.
FFS, why would I hate either? If Ross beats Mayo on Monday, I hope they go the full distance- no problem with that. I'd safely say most Mayo fans would do likewise and most Rossies would reciprocate.
Your obsession with all things Mayo is patently obvious to most who post here as you can gather from the amount of dismissive, sarcastic and totally heartfelt responses you keep getting.
I don't mind a bit of slaggiing and maybe I do like knocking a few baas out of any sheep in my way from time to time but the only one who still doesn't cop on is you.
Maybe you should take an overdue break.
I am being serious ; chill out and enjoy life; we only get one chance to do so.

You just typed up a gospel on a screen grab that takes me five seconds to capture and barely twice as long to upload. The irony is overwhelming.
Now Syf, you are sidestepping the point. Do you normally sit around, checking posts at quarter past 12 or thereabouts? I know you could do the copy and paste job without a bother. After all, you said you work in IT so that shouldn't be a bother but to be on the alert for incoming enemy missiles at such an ungodly hour worries me.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

seafoid

The Dubs are missing their full back and have injuries to a few key players
so maybe this could be the year

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DFhJUk7LNT0

A double of galway hurlers and mayo footballers would be glorious
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

It might for you but not for us Rosfolk.
Maybe next Tuesday if the Rhus pull off a shock victory Monday.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on August 05, 2017, 03:25:51 PM

There would not be an empty pub from Portumna to Belmullet!

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 05, 2017, 08:30:01 PM

There was a fantastic day in 2001 when Athenry won the club hurling and Crossmolina the club football. A Connacht double.  Unforgettable
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

MayoBuck

2 of the 5 teams left in the championship are from Connacht. Shows the strength of the province!

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on August 05, 2017, 08:57:24 PM

There was a fantastic day in 2001 when Athenry won the club hurling and Crossmolina the club football. A Connacht double.  Unforgettable

A Maroon double at that! ;)

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: seafoid on August 05, 2017, 08:57:24 PM

I preferred 2013 with St Brigid's and St Thomas'

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 05, 2017, 12:12:20 AM
Quote from: heffo on August 04, 2017, 10:21:49 PM
Are there really no other players pushing to breakthrough in Mayo?

Must the only 'top' county that hasn't changed up the team to any degree
There has been very little changes of personnel since James Horan, never mind Stephen Rochford took over.
Courtesy of Willie Joe, here  is the list of current players who played in the 2013 final. That's 15 in all who are still very much there four years later.
Robbie Hennelly, Ger Cafferkey, Chris Barrett; Lee Keegan,  Donal Vaughan, Colm Boyle, Aidan O'Shea, Seamus O'Shea, Kevin McLoughlin, Keith Higgins, Alan Dillon,  Cillian O'Connor and Andy Moran  Subs: Barry Moran and Jason Doherty.
Really, only three have come through since then who have a realistic chance of starting in a championship game; Paddy Durcan, Diarmuid O'Connor and Brendan Harrison.
There are a few handy bucks alright who are on the fringe but, apart from Conor Loftus, none are setting the world alight.
I'm not saying that change for the sake of it is necessarily a good thing but Mayo's low turnover of players means that they are not bringing anything different or unexpected into their game. Mayo are predictable and any team they might meet from here onwards will be very aware of this fact. To add to our misfortune, our manager or any others from the recent past, are not noted for their tactical judgement.
Right now, I think Kevin McStay is a shrewder tactician than Stephen Rochford and

God knows, Rochford is miles in front of Holmes & Connelly or James Horan.

If we win on Monday, Eamonn Fitz lies ahead and he's as cute a hoor as ever came out of Kerry. If we do make it to the final somehow, the odds are that Jim Gavin won't be losing any sleep over the prospect of coming up against Rochford and, God between us and small farms, if it's Tyrone and Mickey Harte we're doomed entirely!
Of course a good display on Monday would work wonders for the morale, but I'm hopeful rather than confident of that.

How do you make that out Lar?

whitey

Wonder if Mossy Quinn will be on the Sunday Game highlighting Johnny Coopers antics, the same way he was on complaining about Cillian O Connor