All Ireland Quarter Final;Roscommon v Mayo Sunday July 30th

Started by maigheo, July 23, 2017, 01:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 03, 2017, 11:32:26 AM
Quote from: highorlow on August 03, 2017, 10:50:05 AM
Quotehttp://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/mayos-game-almost-impossible-to-figure-from-the-outside-looking-in-456245.html 
he has a point

Is Ed still involved with the Dublin Hurlers?

I blame the GPS bras for a lot of the bullshit that is going on these days. That's what got Barrett hauled off against Cork and I noted that he made far less runs forward the last day, is it on the players minds that someone with a laptop will be hauling me in if i keep running like f**k?

I'd say the same applies to Boyler, the computer hauls him off.

Shur the excuse for Hennelly last year was some tactical bollicksology.
yeah, you could be on to something there
the reason Clarke was dropped for the replay final  was the way he imploded in the last few mins of the drawn game things like chipping the ball onto connolly's head  .
think we have to give Rochford the benefit of the doubt here . better to take a player off 2 mins to early than 2 mins too late after a goal or 2 has been conceded
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

seafoid

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 03, 2017, 10:30:39 AM
Quote from: Syferus on August 03, 2017, 02:07:50 AM
Neither was Donie Smith the only free-taker Mayo supporters booed. It's sad to see the Tyrone what-aboutry infecting Connacht men.

Syphilis, with your constant irritating and irascible references to ourselves, you really are like a bad dose of the clap. Do carry on.
The craic on the board before a Ros v Tyrone final would be something else
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

MayoBuck

Quote from: rosnarun on August 03, 2017, 12:33:52 PM
Quotehttp://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/mayos-game-almost-impossible-to-figure-from-the-outside-looking-in-456245.html 
he has a point

I blame the GPS bras for a lot of the bullshit that is going on these days. That's what got Barrett hauled off against Cork and I noted that he made far less runs forward the last day, is it on the players minds that someone with a laptop will be hauling me in if i keep running like f**k?

the reason Clarke was dropped for the replay final  was the way he imploded in the last few mins of the drawn game things like chipping the ball onto connolly's head  .
think we have to give Rochford the benefit of the doubt here . better to take a player off 2 mins to early than 2 mins too late after a goal or 2 has been conceded

Would agree with this but I think Andy should be left on as long as possible. It's not like he'll cost us a goal by being tired.

PW Nally

Ross name same team but positional changes for whatever that means.
Take a look at @RoscommonGAA's Tweet: https://twitter.com/RoscommonGAA/status/893073994466938880?s=09

Cunny Funt

he has a point

No benefit of the doubt for Rochford at all. Clarke imploded? tiny errors for what was the All Star goalkeeper and Rob Hennelly with his huge errors hasn't seen game time since.

rosnarun

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 03, 2017, 04:15:46 PM
he has a point

No benefit of the doubt for Rochford at all. Clarke imploded? tiny errors for what was the All Star goalkeeper and Rob Hennelly with his huge errors hasn't seen game time since.
hardly tiny errors there would have been no need for a replay without them . also kick outs last wee were very poor , half his fault half the receiver I know but allied with the shortness of his long kicks I would have no problem with hennelly coming back in

manfromdelmonte

mrhardyannual

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 03, 2017, 09:58:33 PM
I think Ros would love Hennelly coming in too!
You can love all you like but it ain't going to happen. Hennelly might have a better kick-out but with our continued problems at full-back Clarkie is a cert.

blast05

Quote from: mrhardyannual on August 03, 2017, 10:56:52 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 03, 2017, 09:58:33 PM
I think Ros would love Hennelly coming in too!
You can love all you like but it ain't going to happen. Hennelly might have a better kick-out but with our continued problems at full-back Clarkie is a cert.

He helped prevent the late Derry goal?!

highorlow

The goalkeeping position has more focus these days than ever so the slightest mistake will be honed in on. All keepers in all games this year have made mistakes, even cluxton against Kildare kicked a few balls over the sideline. Reducing the mistakes is key and to be fair to Clarke this year he has improved.

I also think his longer kick outs are better this year, it's just our midfield is left unsettled all year by the management, which is frankly a disgrace and more than likely will be our downfall. What is the story with Barry Moran? Is he on the panel?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

rosnarun

Quote from: highorlow on August 04, 2017, 09:24:50 AM
The goalkeeping position has more focus these days than ever so the slightest mistake will be honed in on. All keepers in all games this year have made mistakes, even cluxton against Kildare kicked a few balls over the sideline. Reducing the mistakes is key and to be fair to Clarke this year he has improved.

I also think his longer kick outs are better this year, it's just our midfield is left unsettled all year by the management, which is frankly a disgrace and more than likely will be our downfall. What is the story with Barry Moran? Is he on the panel?
a disgrace is very strong language for a team about to qualify gfor the all Ireland semi . nothing won in august etc.
moran is on the panel but hasn't been on matchday squad

manfromdelmonte

Its the time of year to bring in a new fresh player to a team
I think Roscommon will do that the next day

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mrhardyannual

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 04, 2017, 10:29:39 AM
Its the time of year to bring in a new fresh player to a team
I think Roscommon will do that the next day