All Ireland Quarter Final;Roscommon v Mayo Sunday July 30th

Started by maigheo, July 23, 2017, 01:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on August 03, 2017, 01:10:59 AM
Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on August 02, 2017, 09:46:47 PM
I thought the Roscommon GAA statement on the booing was ill-advised. If I were them I would have ignored it, while in my heart I would have thought "our boys will boo whomever they f**king like, actually." This Nice-Guy-Eddie schtick only gets you so far.

Damned if I can figure out what'll happen the next day. I believe McStay said his pet cat could have predicted Mayo's team on Sunday. It must be some cat when it saw Parsons dropped for either Paddy Durcan or Jason Doherty.

The booing thing was not just Andy. Where I was, Mayo were booed coming out at the start and after half time - let them belt away would be my attitude. Didn't bother me. Maybe Roscommon GAA are the only ones that maybe should be concerned about it. Why bother though. Galway, Sligo and others have done the same to us in the past when they thought they were going to screw us, when we were in decline.
Parsons wasn't dropped and Durcan and Doherty are two of our most important players. Both had very good games and are in decent form.

Neither was Donie Smith the only free-taker Mayo supporters booed. It's sad to see the Tyrone what-aboutry infecting Connacht men.

Farrandeelin

Can someone please lock Syf away from the laptop and take his phone from him. 13 or 14 posts on this thread alone in the past 24 hours is not right. Or go and have sex, you can dream about this thread if she doesn't do it for you. Good man, for our sanity and yours.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Quote from: ONeill on August 02, 2017, 11:18:22 PM
Was disappointed at Roscommon's lack of balls when a good few up in the first half. Reminded me of Tyrone in 2002.
Hopefully we'll be like Tyrone 2003 next year 8)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

highorlow

Quoteas for Willie Joe changing his mind  that pretty par for the course . hes not the most coherent of commentators and like a few maore seems to be trying to use mayo's success as a booster for some sort of a media carrer . not worth paying attention to

That's out of order ros. Anyone who knows the man knows he is a gent and he is a committed / obsessed supporter. He has no other agenda and for you to state that he has is way out of order.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Kurtz

Was disappointed at Roscommon's lack of balls when a good few up in the first half. Reminded me of Tyrone in 2002.

Ros forwards were like statues for most of the game

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Kurtz on August 03, 2017, 09:50:11 AM

Ros forwards were like statues for most of the game
hard to make runs when your constantly being pulled and dragged
they were turning around appealing to the umpires all during the first half

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Syferus on August 03, 2017, 02:07:50 AM
Neither was Donie Smith the only free-taker Mayo supporters booed. It's sad to see the Tyrone what-aboutry infecting Connacht men.

Syphilis, with your constant irritating and irascible references to ourselves, you really are like a bad dose of the clap. Do carry on.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

highorlow

Quotehttp://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/mayos-game-almost-impossible-to-figure-from-the-outside-looking-in-456245.html 
he has a point

Is Ed still involved with the Dublin Hurlers?

I blame the GPS bras for a lot of the bullshit that is going on these days. That's what got Barrett hauled off against Cork and I noted that he made far less runs forward the last day, is it on the players minds that someone with a laptop will be hauling me in if i keep running like f**k?

I'd say the same applies to Boyler, the computer hauls him off.

Shur the excuse for Hennelly last year was some tactical bollicksology.

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 03, 2017, 07:36:11 AM
Can someone please lock Syf away from the laptop and take his phone from him. 13 or 14 posts on this thread alone in the past 24 hours is not right. Or go and have sex, you can dream about this thread if she doesn't do it for you. Good man, for our sanity and yours.

You've really let the mask slip now.

Halfquarter

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 03, 2017, 10:30:39 AM

Syphilis, with your constant irritating and irascible references to ourselves, you really are like a bad dose of the clap. Do carry on.
;D  ;D  ;D

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: highorlow on August 03, 2017, 10:50:05 AM
Quotehttp://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/mayos-game-almost-impossible-to-figure-from-the-outside-looking-in-456245.html 
he has a point

Is Ed still involved with the Dublin Hurlers?

I blame the GPS bras for a lot of the bullshit that is going on these days. That's what got Barrett hauled off against Cork and I noted that he made far less runs forward the last day, is it on the players minds that someone with a laptop will be hauling me in if i keep running like f**k?

I'd say the same applies to Boyler, the computer hauls him off.

Shur the excuse for Hennelly last year was some tactical bollicksology.
yeah, you could be on to something there

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on August 03, 2017, 12:20:32 AM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 03, 2017, 12:08:13 AM
Quote from: Syferus on August 02, 2017, 09:58:05 PM
I thought the Roscommon GAA statement on the booing was ill-advised. If I were them I would have ignored it, while in my heart I would have thought "our boys will boo whomever they f**king like, actually." This Nice-Guy-Eddie schtick only gets you so far.

Damned if I can figure out what'll happen the next day. I believe McStay said his pet cat could have predicted Mayo's team on Sunday. It must be some cat when it saw Parsons dropped for either Paddy Durcan or Jason Doherty.
[/]

It's the most read story on RTE.ie today, and check the tone of the comments on that article. McStay totally changed the tone of the narrative with a statement that probably took five minutes to write. Not the first time he's out-thought Mayo this week.
Most read story on rte.Ie  today?,  Not on my phone anyway it wasn't. Kevin is a gent without a doubt but
When I checked  a while ago there was ne'er a mention of him or his statement.

Taken five minutes ago:

Your eyesight must be starting to fail, Lar.
Touché, Syf. I got that wrong. That's what using a smartphone, on an intercity coach, on a bumpy road and with no sleep for over 20 hours does to me. Keep up the good fight, btw; you're compulsive reading.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Lar Naparka

Quote from: mrhardyannual on August 02, 2017, 09:21:51 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 02, 2017, 09:07:02 PM
Keegan is one of the top players of the last 5 years. Who would be the last few Mayo players of similar calibre?  Other than McDonald.
Kenny Mortimer & James Nallen
Two top notch players without doubt. I'd also add Noel Connelly from the same era.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Taylor

Quote from: moysider on August 03, 2017, 01:10:59 AM

The booing thing was not just Andy. Where I was, Mayo were booed coming out at the start and after half time - let them belt away would be my attitude. Didn't bother me. Maybe Roscommon GAA are the only ones that maybe should be concerned about it. Why bother though. Galway, Sligo and others have done the same to us in the past when they thought they were going to screw us, when we were in decline.
Parsons wasn't dropped and Durcan and Doherty are two of our most important players. Both had very good games and are in decent form.

Keep us out of your bitch-fest you are having out West.

We have enough problems with all the nonsense talked about how good Armagh are on the other thread.

Like them you can look back at a good enough season come Monday evening