All Ireland Quarter Final;Roscommon v Mayo Sunday July 30th

Started by maigheo, July 23, 2017, 01:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: blast05 on August 02, 2017, 08:03:29 PM
Quote from: weareros on August 02, 2017, 01:35:44 PM
Well we have a ref the next day who likes to dish out cards. Let's see how he will handle Lee Keegan's continuos holding back players and pulling of jersies, or the Cillian and Diarmuid O'Connor's accidental dirty tackles or accidental entanglements looking for frees (nice point Mayo got off that last week before half time). Mayo always ungrateful to their Dublin Joe - have they even sent the auld Christmas Card for the penalty he gave against Fermanagh for Aidan's dive last year?

Yaaaaawwwwwnnnnn..... yet another county having a moan about how Lee Keegan holds back players and holds jerseys.
Well it's time to put up or shut up. Point your phone on Keegan the next day and record the whole match and see what you got. You'll get shag all
Don't  point me to some sportsfile photo from the replay of an instant in time without context.... some photo journalist trying to earn a few bob by producing a photo that fits with a narrative that the Dubs set last year.

Nolan could mean Keegan is on borrowed time on Monday.

blast05

Quote from: Syferus on August 02, 2017, 08:08:41 PM
Quote from: blast05 on August 02, 2017, 08:03:29 PM
Quote from: weareros on August 02, 2017, 01:35:44 PM
Well we have a ref the next day who likes to dish out cards. Let's see how he will handle Lee Keegan's continuos holding back players and pulling of jersies, or the Cillian and Diarmuid O'Connor's accidental dirty tackles or accidental entanglements looking for frees (nice point Mayo got off that last week before half time). Mayo always ungrateful to their Dublin Joe - have they even sent the auld Christmas Card for the penalty he gave against Fermanagh for Aidan's dive last year?

Yaaaaawwwwwnnnnn..... yet another county having a moan about how Lee Keegan holds back players and holds jerseys.
Well it's time to put up or shut up. Point your phone on Keegan the next day and record the whole match and see what you got. You'll get shag all
Don't  point me to some sportsfile photo from the replay of an instant in time without context.... some photo journalist trying to earn a few bob by producing a photo that fits with a narrative that the Dubs set last year.

Nolan could mean Keegan is on borrowed time on Monday.

As I said, put up or shut up.
Oh, and get a f**king life as well and quit living on this thread waiting for the next reply

seafoid

Keegan is one of the top players of the last 5 years. Who would be the last few Mayo players of similar calibre?  Other than McDonald.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

mrhardyannual

Quote from: seafoid on August 02, 2017, 09:07:02 PM
Keegan is one of the top players of the last 5 years. Who would be the last few Mayo players of similar calibre?  Other than McDonald.
Kenny Mortimer & James Nallen

Syferus

Quote from: mrhardyannual on August 02, 2017, 09:21:51 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 02, 2017, 09:07:02 PM
Kenny Mortimer & James Nallen

I'd take Higgins over either.

IolarCoisCuain

I thought the Roscommon GAA statement on the booing was ill-advised. If I were them I would have ignored it, while in my heart I would have thought "our boys will boo whomever they f**king like, actually." This Nice-Guy-Eddie schtick only gets you so far.

Damned if I can figure out what'll happen the next day. I believe McStay said his pet cat could have predicted Mayo's team on Sunday. It must be some cat when it saw Parsons dropped for either Paddy Durcan or Jason Doherty.

Syferus

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on August 02, 2017, 09:46:47 PM
I thought the Roscommon GAA statement on the booing was ill-advised. If I were them I would have ignored it, while in my heart I would have thought "our boys will boo whomever they f**king like, actually." This Nice-Guy-Eddie schtick only gets you so far.

Damned if I can figure out what'll happen the next day. I believe McStay said his pet cat could have predicted Mayo's team on Sunday. It must be some cat when it saw Parsons dropped for either Paddy Durcan or Jason Doherty.

It's the most read story on RTE.ie today, and check the tone of the comments on that article. McStay totally changed the tone of the narrative with a statement that probably took five minutes to write. Not the first time he's out-thought Mayo this week.

mrhardyannual

Quote from: Syferus on August 02, 2017, 09:58:05 PM

It's the most read story on RTE.ie today, and check the tone of the comments on that article. McStay totally changed the tone of the narrative with a statement that probably took five minutes to write. Not the first time he's out-thought Mayo this week.
To be fair to Kevin, I doubt if he was out-thinking anyone with his statement...it simply reflects the gentleman he is and the values he has always held. I think you are doing him a disservice by ascribing an ulterior motive to his comments.

Syferus

Quote from: mrhardyannual on August 02, 2017, 10:36:48 PM

To be fair to Kevin, I doubt if he was out-thinking anyone with his statement...it simply reflects the gentleman he is and the values he has always held. I think you are doing him a disservice by ascribing an ulterior motive to his comments.

Just because he meant it genuinely doesn't mean he didn't know exactly what the effect would be.

ONeill

Was disappointed at Roscommon's lack of balls when a good few up in the first half. Reminded me of Tyrone in 2002.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: ONeill on August 02, 2017, 11:18:22 PM
Was disappointed at Roscommon's lack of balls when a good few up in the first half. Reminded me of Tyrone in 2002.
I think the average age of the Ros team has to be taken into account with that.
The great thing about sport is that nobody knows what will happen next monday!

Lar Naparka

Most read story on rte.Ie  today?,  Not on my phone anyway it wasn't. Kevin is a gent without a doubt but
When I checked  a while ago there was ne'er a mention of him or his statement.

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 03, 2017, 12:08:13 AM

Most read story on rte.Ie  today?,  Not on my phone anyway it wasn't. Kevin is a gent without a doubt but
When I checked  a while ago there was ne'er a mention of him or his statement.

Taken five minutes ago:

Your eyesight must be starting to fail, Lar.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

moysider

The booing thing was not just Andy. Where I was, Mayo were booed coming out at the start and after half time - let them belt away would be my attitude. Didn't bother me. Maybe Roscommon GAA are the only ones that maybe should be concerned about it. Why bother though. Galway, Sligo and others have done the same to us in the past when they thought they were going to screw us, when we were in decline.
Parsons wasn't dropped and Durcan and Doherty are two of our most important players. Both had very good games and are in decent form.