All Ireland Quarter Final;Roscommon v Mayo Sunday July 30th

Started by maigheo, July 23, 2017, 01:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Ros Co Board ask fans  not to engage in booing opponents.
I await the Mayowestros and Dublin Co Boards asking fans to stop booing opposition free takers.
How long will I have to wait for dignity to reign in those quarters????
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Rossfan on August 02, 2017, 02:02:33 AM
Ros Co Board ask fans  not to engage in booing opponents.
I await the Mayowestros and Dublin Co Boards asking fans to stop booing opposition free takers.
How long will I have to wait for dignity to reign in those quarters????

Was watching the recent Gold Cup soccer tournament from the USA.  Prior to the national anthems, each captain read a statement requesting respect for the anthems, the referee and his officials, and the players of both teams.  It was a nice gesture, but did not achieve anything really.

Do teams have noise/booing recreated using recordings during training sessions and free taking I wonder?  The neighbours around the training site would be up in arms, no doubt.

larryin89

Thats boogate done to death now.

Replay it is , we will win this one and more comfortably than the masses think i believe. From what i gathered from a player sunday evening, they didnt show up and have no intentions of letting it happen again. Mayo are confident of victory .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

Sounds like the world an its mother believes we shouldn't even bother showing up.
They thought the same about our 2 trips to Salthill and Croke Park too.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

highorlow

QuoteSounds like the world an its mother believes we shouldn't even bother showing up.

What do you want?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Kurtz

Quote from: larryin89 on August 02, 2017, 06:13:46 AM

Replay it is , we will win this one and more comfortably than the masses think i believe. From what i gathered from a player sunday evening, they didnt show up and have no intentions of letting it happen again. Mayo are confident of victory .

Boooo !

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on August 02, 2017, 09:58:05 AM
Sounds like the world an its mother believes we shouldn't even bother showing up.

Now now, Rossfan. Did you not read my synopsis of the match? I have seen no evidence of how Mayo will win the replay. Maybe as larryin has heard from a player that they weren't expecting the Ros onslaught early on, maybe Rochford will have learnt from his mistakes. Let's hope so. What I can't see happening is Rochford changing his conservative attitude and giving other subs a chance. It'll probably be the same 20 that get game time. Regan might come on with 5 minutes to go too.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on August 02, 2017, 12:37:25 AM
Quote from: highorlow on August 02, 2017, 12:23:44 AM
The booing was more likely from a small band of jarred up lads. I don't think our lads are whinging about it much.

You Sy, are now whinging because if we were whinging in the first place about it we now will stop because of the Roskie CB statement.

Ye should be more worried about Enda Smith limping off the field at the end rather than our supposed whinging.

You mustn't visit MayoGAABlog, Midwest or Mayo GAA Banter or major national outlets much so.

Enda's no more hurt than Andy's feelings.
Syf, surely you have a job to go to? You seem to spend an unhealthy amount of time scrutinising the likes of MayoGAABlog, Midwest or Mayo GAA Banter or whatever yer havin' yerself and coming back here to bother us with what ever tidbit of nonsense you find there.
Who gives a f**k damn about any of those sites or what some gobshite may or may not have posted there?
Surely you have something similar in the land of the sheep stealers?
Mac and his panel disassociated themselves from the behaviour of certain louts last Sunday. That's laudable but you shouldn't get orgiastic pleasure from the mere fact that the behaviour of some Rossie "fans" was so bad that your management and players felt the need to condemn this sort of behaviour.
There may be other counties where some elements resort to this objectionable carry on but we are not discussing other counties here.
Two wrongs don't make a right not even east of the Lung river  where general behaviour can be a bit agricultural at times. ;D
Leave it be, there is no need to keep on fecking your soother outa yer pram.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

macdanger2

Quote from: Rossfan on August 02, 2017, 09:58:05 AM

Sure you must be sitting on a tidy sum by now, I presume you had enough confidence in yourselves to take 4/1 before the CF? 9/4 for Monday will cover your trip to the SF

weareros

"They didn't show up"

Have Mayo secured full copyright permission from Galway to use that?

seafoid

Quote from: weareros on August 02, 2017, 11:54:13 AM

"They didn't show up"

I know ye are excited about winning Connacht but since when does 1match turn a team into Barcelona. I remember a big match Ros drew last year. What happened in the replay?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Syferus

Quote from: seafoid on August 02, 2017, 01:08:46 PM

"They didn't show up"

I know ye are excited about winning Connacht but since when does 1match turn a team into Barcelona. I remember a big match Ros drew last year. What happened in the replay?

How does it feel that no one is taking your bait anymore?

Mayo4Sam

Joe Molloy made an interesting point on OTB on Monday nite, Mayo for the last two years seem to matching the performance of their opponents, be they Dublin or Derry.
I'd expect the same again on Monday, it could easily be a draw but I'd expect us to go through.
Why?
Roscommon got the start they dreamed off and couldn't capitalise on it and thats with AOS and COC not performing at all. Add into that Rochford making the mistake of taking off Boyle, breaking on Drake but most of all over estimating how good a footballer Enda Smith is. It was ideal to have Keegan marking him in the first half because Smith didn't have a notion and let Keegan dictate. Second half he should have been handed off to someone else and let Keegan continue at midfield.
Add to that again the two non-black cards that McQuillan dodged and the disgraceful awarding of the Donie Smith free and what else could go right for Roscommon the next day. Mayo will also surely have a solution (although I've said this before) for the high ball into our full back line

It is almost exclusively the case that the underdog rues not taking their chance the first day
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

thefont

"They didn't show up"

If that's the attitude then I'd be seriously worried. Why would a team of Mayo's experience not show up for an AIQF?

Why would we suddenly 'show up' this week?

It would be nice if Coen, Loftus, Regan, Boland et al were to show up on the starting 15 before they hit 30.

For us to win the AI we need to see if we have anything else in the squad to get us over the line, so what if we run the risk of losing in the QF by playing them.

We could hardly make a worse start with them than was made with the old reliables last week?

Syferus

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 02, 2017, 01:11:44 PM
Joe Molloy made an interesting point on OTB on Monday nite, Mayo for the last two years seem to matching the performance of their opponents, be they Dublin or Derry.
I'd expect the same again on Monday, it could easily be a draw but I'd expect us to go through.
Why?
Roscommon got the start they dreamed off and couldn't capitalise on it and thats with AOS and COC not performing at all. Add into that Rochford making the mistake of taking off Boyle, breaking on Drake but most of all over estimating how good a footballer Enda Smith is. It was ideal to have Keegan marking him in the first half because Smith didn't have a notion and let Keegan dictate. Second half he should have been handed off to someone else and let Keegan continue at midfield.
Add to that again the two non-black cards that McQuillan dodged and the disgraceful awarding of the Donie Smith free and what else could go right for Roscommon the next day. Mayo will also surely have a solution (although I've said this before) for the high ball into our full back line

It is almost exclusively the case that the underdog rues not taking their chance the first day

This is definitely the week that the FB problem that plagued Mayo since 2012 will be solved.