All Ireland Quarter Final;Roscommon v Mayo Sunday July 30th

Started by maigheo, July 23, 2017, 01:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Syferus

Quote from: Tubberman on August 01, 2017, 10:16:43 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 01, 2017, 09:55:51 PM
http://www.gaaroscommon.ie/news-detail/10027247/?utm_content=bufferd0782&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Well done Ros CB, players and management. Hope their requests are heeded. Let that be the end of it.

If our free-takers get abused by the Mayo supporters will we be seeing a press release from the neighbours next week?

Good PR turn by our CB, taking control of the nonsense narrative, but that's about it I'm afraid.

Gael85

Quote from: whitey on August 01, 2017, 09:12:59 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 01, 2017, 07:22:33 PM
Quote from: PW Nally on August 01, 2017, 07:06:42 PM
Quote from: weareros on August 01, 2017, 06:12:49 PM
I would say the majority of Roscommon supporters have condemned the booing by a minority. Andy and his family are great people and the booing was never acceptable. However, what's a little aggravating is no recognition from the holier than thou Mayo fans (hello Martin Carney) of the booing on their side, which is also frequent at McHale park. They subjected Donie Smith to a full minute of jeers leading up to his free while Cillian O'Connor did not have to endure the same for his last minute free. They jeered nearly every decision by the ref, even jeered Cillian's yellow card when some neutral commentators saw it as a premeditated blow to the head that deserved red. To quote the great Willie Shakespare: physician heal thyself.
Agree in the main, really dislike the booing regardless of situation. Booing a free taker is nearly normalised at this stage unfortunately, booing an individual who plays the game as clean and fair as Andy is lowering the bar again.

Mayo themselves did it to Diarmuid Connolly and he wasn't actively winding up the crowd. This is all part of the usual Mayo whinging narrative everyone is well used to at this stage, never any self-reflection, just whinge.

Connolly seriously assaulted several Mayo players during the drawn game but didn't get pulled by the ref. When he was finally sent off after punching Keegan in the face mumerous times,he then issued threats to several Mayo players as he was exiting the field. I thought no the Mayo supporter had plenty of reason to boo him

Who were the Mayo players seriously assaulted by Connolly?? Connolly was pulled to the ground by Keegan who had grabbed him by the neck. Connolly then punched Keegan. Cillian O'Connor entered in as third man and hit Connolly a couple sly digs before highlighting to linesman that Connolly had hit Keegan. Connolly get his deserved red but why did Keegan escape a black card and O'Connor could easily got a red too

https://www.balls.ie/gaa/diarmuid-connollys-red-card-306887

Lar Naparka

http://www.gaaroscommon.ie/news-detail/10027247/?utm_content=bufferd0782&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
That's a very gracious statement and it helps emphasise what sport should be all about. There are yobs following every county in the land and genuine Rossies are as sporting as you'll find anywhere. The actions of a few on Sunday can't be taken to represent them all.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Tubberman

Quote from: Syferus on August 01, 2017, 10:21:09 PM

Well done Ros CB, players and management. Hope their requests are heeded. Let that be the end of it.

If our free-takers get abused by the Mayo supporters will we be seeing a press release from the neighbours next week?

Good PR turn by our CB, taking control of the nonsense narrative, but that's about it I'm afraid.

I don't know, I'm not the Mayo PRO,  but I would hope there wouldn't be a need in any case.

Syferus

Quote from: Tubberman on August 01, 2017, 10:31:29 PM

I don't know, I'm not the Mayo PRO,  but I would hope there wouldn't be a need in any case.

Donie got a minute straight of it before his final free.

Tubberman

Quote from: Syferus on August 01, 2017, 10:37:27 PM

You're intent on keeping the debate going anyway...
IMO, the booing that you're referring to was anger because the Mayo supporters didn't think the free should have been awarded. Still doesn't make it right,but it was for one incident  - different to personal targeting of a player every time he was on the ball.

Syferus

Quote from: Tubberman on August 01, 2017, 10:42:16 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 01, 2017, 10:37:27 PM

You're intent on keeping the debate going anyway...
IMO, the booing that you're referring to was anger because the Mayo supporters didn't think the free should have been awarded. Still doesn't make it right,but it was for one incident  - different to personal targeting of a player every time he was on the ball.

You don't keep booing for a minute until he kicks it just because a free was awarded. They were booing the free-taker, to say otherwise is absolutely stone cold ridiculous.

larryin89

If you cant differentiate between booing a free kick and the systematic booing of a player every time he has the ball , youre ignorant .

I actually never witnessed it at a GAA match.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Quote from: larryin89 on August 02, 2017, 12:10:33 AM
If you cant differentiate between booing a free kick and the systematic booing of a player every time he has the ball , youre ignorant .

I actually never witnessed it at a GAA match.

It must suck for you that McStay totally deflated the Mayo whinge session with that statement. Nothing left to talk about besides a disintegrating team.

highorlow

The booing was more likely from a small band of jarred up lads. I don't think our lads are whinging about it much.

You Sy, are now whinging because if we were whinging in the first place about it we now will stop because of the Roskie CB statement.

Ye should be more worried about Enda Smith limping off the field at the end rather than our supposed whinging.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Syferus

Quote from: highorlow on August 02, 2017, 12:23:44 AM
The booing was more likely from a small band of jarred up lads. I don't think our lads are whinging about it much.

You Sy, are now whinging because if we were whinging in the first place about it we now will stop because of the Roskie CB statement.

Ye should be more worried about Enda Smith limping off the field at the end rather than our supposed whinging.

You mustn't visit MayoGAABlog, Midwest or Mayo GAA Banter or major national outlets much so.

Enda's no more hurt than Andy's feelings.

dublin7

It's a pity the Mayo county board didn't apologise for the mayo fans booing Diarmuid Connolly in 2015.

Way too much being made of what happened on Sunday. I'd imagine Andy Moran is embarrassed by the attention it has gotten. I can only hope all the fury about booing from the mayo fans means that any roscommon player taking a free kick will be given silence from mayo fans as the self appointed defenders of moral integrity

From the Bunker

Quote from: dublin7 on August 02, 2017, 01:05:05 AM
It's a pity the Mayo county board didn't apologise for the mayo fans booing Diarmuid Connolly in 2015.

Way too much being made of what happened on Sunday. I'd imagine Andy Moran is embarrassed by the attention it has gotten. I can only hope all the fury about booing from the mayo fans means that any roscommon player taking a free kick will be given silence from mayo fans as the self appointed defenders of moral integrity

This a local row! Stay out of it and mind your own business! We are sorting it out our own way!