All Ireland Quarter Final;Roscommon v Mayo Sunday July 30th

Started by maigheo, July 23, 2017, 01:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 01, 2017, 08:43:40 AM
Quote from: Syferus on August 01, 2017, 01:45:06 AM
I won't lie and say I didn't take a bit of extra enjoyment from Niall Mc making him look his age yesterday

Not a vintage display by Andy but he still managed more points from play than any other forward on the pitch

AM played very well and only for one bad miss in the first half would have come off the field with 0-3 from play and a few assists. He is Mayo's best forward and he's movement is outstanding.

Tubberman

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Syferus

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 01, 2017, 08:43:40 AM
Quote from: Syferus on August 01, 2017, 01:45:06 AM
I won't lie and say I didn't take a bit of extra enjoyment from Niall Mc making him look his age yesterday

Not a vintage display by Andy but he still managed more points from play than any other forward on the pitch

Ciarain scored a goal from play to Andy's two points, and that's assuming you're not counting Fintan as a midfielder when in fact he's a forward with 8 on his back.

Two points for all the ball that was sent into Andy was a poor return. It's one thing having the awareness to peel away and gather a pass that's coming to you but if the legs aren't there to buy a bit of space from your marker you're in trouble at this level.

PW Nally

Nice photo. The booing very disappointing to hear and witness but we have a section of support that boo opposition free takers etc at times as well. The treatment Andy got IMO is very low as is directed against him personally. Anyone that knows him will speak of a genuinely good guy who has time for everyone.

Syferus

Quote from: PW Nally on August 01, 2017, 02:48:47 PM
Nice photo. The booing very disappointing to hear and witness but we have a section of support that boo opposition free takers etc at times as well. The treatment Andy got IMO is very low as is directed against him personally. Anyone that knows him will speak of a genuinely good guy who has time for everyone.

Andy is a grand person, talks to everyone and is good natured, but he brought it on himself with his antics in January. He's a man in his middle 30s, he should have known far better. The booing only started because of his own actions. I do not have sympathy for his plight even if I don't like the booing itself.

Tubberman

Quote from: Syferus on August 01, 2017, 03:01:31 PM

Andy is a grand person, talks to everyone and is good natured, but he brought it on himself with his antics in January. He's a man in his middle 30s, he should have known far better. The booing only started because of his own actions. I do not have sympathy for his plight even if I don't like the booing itself.

Maybe you should take heed of your hero's brother and show a bit of cop-on and maturity
http://www.mayonews.ie/sports/30491-paul-earley-slams-rossies-who-booed-moran
FORMER Roscommon All Star Paul Earley says he was 'ashamed and disappointed' by 'the small minority' of supporters from his county who booed Mayo's Andy Moran during last Sunday's All-Ireland SFC quarter-final at Croke Park.
Moran, who is a native of Ballaghaderreen in county Roscommon, was booed by some opposition fans every time he touched the ball.
The volume and frequency of the jeering seemed to increase in the second half, and continued until Moran was replaced in the 58th minute.
"I was ashamed and disappointed to hear some Roscommon supporters booing Andy," Earley told The Mayo News.
"That's now what the GAA is about and it wasn't good enough.
"There's an onus on people, players and supporters, to respect each other."
There has been suggestions that some Roscommon fans decided to single out Mayo's most-capped footballer for verbal abuse last Sunday because of an incident in the FBD Connacht League match between the counties in Kiltoom back in January.
Moran came off the bench that day to score a late goal which won the game for Mayo, and he celebrated by kissing the Mayo GAA crest on his jersey in front of some Roscommon fans.
However, Paul Earley said that there was no excuse for the behaviour of those involved in the booing of Moran on Sunday.
"I don't care what Andy Moran did or didn't do during an FBD League match back in January, he didn't deserve to be booed during a championship match in Croke Park," said the former Ireland International Rules manager.
"It was bad form, very unsporting, and not something that anybody from Roscommon should want to be associated with."
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Syferus

Quote from: Tubberman on August 01, 2017, 03:12:32 PM

Maybe you should take heed of your hero's brother and show a bit of cop-on and maturity
FORMER Roscommon All Star Paul Earley says he was 'ashamed and disappointed' by 'the small minority' of supporters from his county who booed Mayo's Andy Moran during last Sunday's All-Ireland SFC quarter-final at Croke Park.
Moran, who is a native of Ballaghaderreen in county Roscommon, was booed by some opposition fans every time he touched the ball.
The volume and frequency of the jeering seemed to increase in the second half, and continued until Moran was replaced in the 58th minute.
"I was ashamed and disappointed to hear some Roscommon supporters booing Andy," Earley told The Mayo News.
There has been suggestions that some Roscommon fans decided to single out Mayo's most-capped footballer for verbal abuse last Sunday because of an incident in the FBD Connacht League match between the counties in Kiltoom back in January.
Moran came off the bench that day to score a late goal which won the game for Mayo, and he celebrated by kissing the Mayo GAA crest on his jersey in front of some Roscommon fans.
However, Paul Earley said that there was no excuse for the behaviour of those involved in the booing of Moran on Sunday.
"I don't care what Andy Moran did or didn't do during an FBD League match back in January, he didn't deserve to be booed during a championship match in Croke Park," said the former Ireland International Rules manager.
"It was bad form, very unsporting, and not something that anybody from Roscommon should want to be associated with."

Anyone talking of shame, be it Martin Carney or Paul Earley are buying into a non-story. I have so little interest in if Andy is booed or not it isn't even funny. It has no material effect on anything.

Better that Mayo supporters worry about things like that than their own impending doom, I guess.

Mayo4Sam

Glad to see Paul Earley condemning it, the idea that Andy brought it on himself is nonsense.
Behaviour of the lowest class and anyone who condones it has zero class also
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

seafoid

Imagine the outpouring if Ros bate Mayo. It would put the death of Lassie in the ha'penny place.

https://youtu.be/o2ZiIPEorP0
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rudi

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 01, 2017, 03:24:38 PM
Glad to see Paul Earley condemning it, the idea that Andy brought it on himself is nonsense.
Behaviour of the lowest class and anyone who condones it has zero class also

Again no analysis of the game, which was not high in quality, but very entertaining none the less. Its a moan fest by the Mayo ones, next week what will it be, God only knows. Yer an awful shower of whingers. People are sick of all the doom and whinging coming from Mayo. Is it all lonely house-wives on here and the Mayo Gaa Blog with nothing better to do?

seafoid

This is about Galway hurlers but would also fit Mayo ...

"Galway is unusual in that a fair portion of their supporters tend to be both hugely demanding and deeply pessimistic, creating a uniquely difficult and pressured environment for a player to operate in."

Chimley

Quote from: seafoid on August 01, 2017, 04:19:44 PM

"Galway is unusual in that a fair portion of their supporters tend to be both hugely demanding and deeply pessimistic, creating a uniquely difficult and pressured environment for a player to operate in."

I can tell you that it's never acceptable to be beaten by the likes of the Rossies even if we're on our last legs. Rochford has to go if we don't win the AI this year. Unfortunately our ladeens are f*cked and I can't see how we are going to be right in less than a week. Anyway our sideline will probably throw it away even if we manage to get 15 fit players on to the pitch.

From the Bunker

You can add Galway footballers into that as well!

whitey

Quote from: Syferus on August 01, 2017, 03:24:20 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on August 01, 2017, 03:12:32 PM

Anyone talking of shame, be it Martin Carney or Paul Earley are buying into a non-story. I have so little interest in if Andy is booed or not it isn't even funny. It has no material effect on anything.

Better that Mayo supporters worry about things like that than their own impending doom, I guess.

But its not a non story........a member of Rossie Royalty just wrote that it was disgraceful....in black and white

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 01, 2017, 05:02:40 PM

You can add Galway footballers into that as well!
I don't think they are the same actually. If they have a good team they win
The hurlers and mayo are nihilistic soul mates. So many all Ireland finals lost. Here we go again. I knew it.