All Ireland Quarter Final;Roscommon v Mayo Sunday July 30th

Started by maigheo, July 23, 2017, 01:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on August 01, 2017, 01:45:06 AM
Nice thought but it's the day trippers and teenagers from both counties that will do it regardless.

It's a part of the sport whatever way you try to cut it, but the Mayo whiter than white attitude was severely embarrassing because I sat there in Croke Park and watched Mayo supporters boo every possession by Diarmuid Connolly and he did far less to roil up the opposition than Andy did. I think Andy may well have gotten a great reception from Roscommon supporters when he retired but he sank that ship with his childishness in January. I won't lie and say I didn't take a bit of extra enjoyment from Niall Mc making him look his age yesterday.

I only care about the result, not if someone boos or doesn't boo a player or decision.
Not being funny Syf but how would you know about protocol  in Croke Park being from a county that gets to the business end about once a decade? I have been to CP many times and I never saw abuse of the opposing team by the fans in the stands or of the opposing fans outside the ground.  You would be very disappointed maybe. One of the things that distinguishes the GAA from soccer is the mutual respect angle. It is more like rugby in that regard.
I remember being in Edinburgh at a match between Hibs and Celtic, the 2 Irish teams. The fans had to be segregated wth a huge police effort.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

macdanger2

I won't lie and say I didn't take a bit of extra enjoyment from Niall Mc making him look his age yesterday

Not a vintage display by Andy but he still managed more points from play than any other forward on the pitch

dublin7

Quote from: seafoid on August 01, 2017, 04:33:42 AM
Nice thought but it's the day trippers and teenagers from both counties that will do it regardless.

It's a part of the sport whatever way you try to cut it, but the Mayo whiter than white attitude was severely embarrassing because I sat there in Croke Park and watched Mayo supporters boo every possession by Diarmuid Connolly and he did far less to roil up the opposition than Andy did. I think Andy may well have gotten a great reception from Roscommon supporters when he retired but he sank that ship with his childishness in January. I won't lie and say I didn't take a bit of extra enjoyment from Niall Mc making him look his age yesterday.

I only care about the result, not if someone boos or doesn't boo a player or decision.
Not being funny Syf but how would you know about protocol  in Croke Park being from a county that gets to the business end about once a decade? I have been to CP many times and I never saw abuse of the opposing team by the fans in the stands or of the opposing fans outside the ground.  You would be very disappointed maybe. One of the things that distinguishes the GAA from soccer is the mutual respect angle. It is more like rugby in that regard.
I remember being in Edinburgh at a match between Hibs and Celtic, the 2 Irish teams. The fans had to be segregated wth a huge police effort.

Have all the Mayo people slating Roscommon fans for booing Andy Moran forgotten all about the All Ireland semi final replay in 2015 when Diarmuid Connolly was booed every time he got the ball. Talk about hypocrisy. Can't have it both ways. Might want to look at your own fans actions before having a go at anybody else.

Also before people start hammering Dublin fans, yes they boo freetakers (just like all the other counties do to Dublin freetakers)

Rossfan

On to next Monday -
Will the Mayowestros  slide continue?
Will we continue to grow as a team?
Have we blown our chance?
Can we cope with 2 big games in 8 days?
A new experience for us , old hat to the Rhubarbs.
All to play for.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

highorlow

I thought we would win this by a half dozen unless something odd happened, like going down to 13 men. This didn't happen but Ross had plenty of help once again on the sideline from all the Mayo's!

Effectively, once again, SR has proven that he is way out of his depth. Taking off Moran and Boyle once again, what's the reason for this? Parsons didn't look injured to me.

Slow start again? Where is the Horan Era blitz gone at the start of these games?

No midfield back up and no coordinated pressing in on Lavin at any stage.

As others have been saying it's time next week for fresh legs like Regan, Coen, Boland and Loftus starting. Based on form and despite some of his flaws Donie also deserves a start.

The decisions on the line are beyond ridiculous at this stage but at least now the national media are now copping on to it and coming out with criticism.

Fair dues to Ross, I thought we would pull clear in the 2nd half but those 1st two points after half time knocked us back. Only for the fact that Leroy, Higgins, Boyle, Clarke, Vaughan and Harrison played to their full potential I think we would have been beaten. The rest of the lads looked knackered and by the 50th minute were gasping.

I still think we will win but the reason this time is whatever training we did last week didn't work so we should be able to tweak this. Someone in the backroom team needs to get the fresh lads on the field the next day to be starting.

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Rossfan

Quote from: highorlow on July 28, 2017, 11:07:40 PM
Anyone talking up Ross chances here is either spoofing or knows nothing.

We will have this won by the 60th minute unless something bizarre happens like we get 2 men sent off.

::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Kurtz

Quote from: seafoid on August 01, 2017, 04:33:42 AM

You are talking out of your hole
I have seen plenty of abuse dished out at Croke Park over the years

I have also seen Dublin fan get punched by a Kerry fan
but that is a rare thing in GAA

Rudi

Seafood you talk fierce shite. Go to the races. Leave the football to the neighbours.

Randy

Quote from: highorlow on August 01, 2017, 10:33:28 AM

Effectively, once again, SR has proven that he is way out of his depth. Taking off Moran and Boyle once again, what's the reason for this? Parsons didn't look injured to me.

The decisions on the line are beyond ridiculous at this stage but at least now the national media are now copping on to it and coming out with criticism.

I wonder is there an issue with Boyle, has he a problem with his ankle? the Parsons call was probably tactical, SR had planned to put Keegan on Smith and probably new Seamie wouldn't last so Parsons was his backup. At least we ended the match with our best midfielder on the pitch. If we won we might had a different view on these decisions?

highorlow

QuoteIf we won we might had a different view on these decisions?

We would have won but for these decisions.

Parsons should have started. Vaughan is more than good enough to replace Seamie.

This is every single championship game now where the line has messed up yet they remain unaccountable. Yourself and a few more spies in here are always coming to their defense.  It's just not good enough.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

seafoid

Quote from: Rudi on August 01, 2017, 11:29:08 AM
Seafood you talk fierce shite. Go to the races. Leave the football to the neighbours.
Rudi, we are verra generous. We didn't stand in Mayo's way for 5 years and they won nothing.
Don't flop at the quarter-final stage this year either. If you think you are good enough go for Sam.
But you would have to win a good few to knock Galway of the perch.

Randy

Quote from: highorlow on August 01, 2017, 11:55:36 AM
QuoteIf we won we might had a different view on these decisions?

This is every single championship game now where the line has messed up yet they remain unaccountable. Yourself and a few more spies in here are always coming to their defense.  It's just not good enough.

That's just my opinion on possible reasons for these decisions. I wasn't trying to defend it

Rudi

Quote from: seafoid on August 01, 2017, 12:06:19 PM
Rudi, we are verra generous. We didn't stand in Mayo's way for 5 years and they won nothing.
Don't flop at the quarter-final stage this year either. If you think you are good enough go for Sam.

Thursday - ladies day - just saying ;D ;D

Farrandeelin

Am I the only person on here who thinks Barrett should be corner back for the next game? Move Higgins to number 6. That would probably mean having McLoughlin acting as a sweeper if Higgins goes forward, it could also allow him to help Caff if he is in bother at fullback.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

Quote from: Rudi on August 01, 2017, 12:27:10 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 01, 2017, 12:06:19 PM

Thursday - ladies day - just saying ;D ;D

We are too focused on the hurling now