All Ireland Quarter Final;Roscommon v Mayo Sunday July 30th

Started by maigheo, July 23, 2017, 01:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: gallsman on July 30, 2017, 10:10:14 PM
I'm sure there are hearts bleeding for you all over the board.

I wasn't clamped, so you can begin the process of winding in your neck.

armaghniac

Quote from: Syferus on July 30, 2017, 06:57:50 PM
Excellent that we're not being dragged to Salthill. This match deserves the stage that befits it's status, it would have been an injustice for one of these teams to have gone out playing anywhere else but Croker. What an occasion today has been. The colour and the noise was something else. Hopefully more of the same on Monday week.

Anyone who was there today will want to see the conclusion..

Aye, the conclusion was awaited so people could go home.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Halfquarter

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 30, 2017, 09:37:14 PM
Mayo have done nothing to justify removing H / C.  They mightn't have been up to it, but their performances haven't been anything to shout about.They stuttered their way to an Ireland final last year. Even if they do get past Roscommon, it's as far as they will be going.
They peaked around 2014.

Most people have moved on from H / C , but not everybody , apparently !

Captain Obvious

Quote from: INDIANA on July 30, 2017, 08:54:53 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 30, 2017, 07:17:06 PM
Replay a fair result no side deserved to lose. The guts and determination showed by both sides was superb they gave their all to cause. Hopefully the replay is as good if not better.

It could only be better. Outside guts and determination the quality was fairly thin

Could say the same about the first All Ireland final last year, a 2-9 to 0-15 result and Mayo scored both goals for Dublin.

Wildweasel74

Is the lad harney from the u-21 team a few years ago not playing for roscommon these days?

Syferus

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 30, 2017, 11:22:12 PM
Is the lad harney from the u-21 team a few years ago not playing for roscommon these days?

He has a fracture in his back. Played in the league. Out for the year.

Itchy

Quote from: Syferus on July 30, 2017, 06:20:06 PM
That was one of the most electric matches I've ever went to. That buzz was unreal. Everything the GAA should be about was on display today.

Our young lads got to experience a new level of senior football today. Very proud of their performance and another game at this stage of the year is very welcome. Roll on Saturday.

It was close and tense but it was a very poor game as was Kerry and Galway. Saturdays two qualifiers were much better entertainment.

straightred

Quote from: Itchy on July 30, 2017, 11:39:54 PM
That was one of the most electric matches I've ever went to. That buzz was unreal. Everything the GAA should be about was on display today.

Our young lads got to experience a new level of senior football today. Very proud of their performance and another game at this stage of the year is very welcome. Roll on Saturday.

It was close and tense but it was a very poor game as was Kerry and Galway. Saturdays two qualifiers were much better entertainment.
And much better quality. Kerry aside the 4 teams on saturday would fancy their chances against any of the other three on show today

From the Bunker

Quote from: straightred on July 30, 2017, 11:41:26 PM

And much better quality. Kerry aside the 4 teams on saturday would fancy their chances against any of the other three on show today

To be fair 3 out of the 4 would fancy their chances against Tyrone as well! It's only Kerry and especially Dublin that most don't fancy!  ;)

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 30, 2017, 11:46:50 PM

To be fair 3 out of the 4 would fancy their chances against Tyrone as well! It's only Kerry and especially Dublin that most don't fancy!  ;)

Ros or Mayo would have beaten Kerry had we played them this afternoon. Galway were pathetic but Kerry were very poor.

blast05

Playing with a dry ball in Croke Park versus a wet ball... like 2 different sports.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Syferus on July 30, 2017, 11:48:37 PM

Ros or Mayo would have beaten Kerry had we played them this afternoon. Galway were pathetic but Kerry were very poor.

The All Ireland isn't won in July.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Syferus

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on July 31, 2017, 12:03:21 AM

The All Ireland isn't won in July.

It can be lost in July.

Rossfan

Poor Monaghan bet awful Down.
D3 Armagh bet a poor Kildare.
I suppose that's entertainment in Cavan.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Gold

That is absolute balls!

Donaghy will take you to school if you beat Mayo
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."