All Ireland Quarter Final;Roscommon v Mayo Sunday July 30th

Started by maigheo, July 23, 2017, 01:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: larryin89 on July 30, 2017, 07:05:09 PM
I always said ye were a bitter lot but today proved yer animals . The abuse andy got was the worst behavior i have ever witnessed at a game. My sister has spoken to family members there now and his mother was very upset . Its really not right guys, it wasnt just the booing the verbal abuse was scary the hatred . Really disgusting .

Phil will be fine. Daft post.

Andy brought it on himself this year, to be honest.

Cunny Funt

Replay a fair result no side deserved to lose. The guts and determination showed by both sides was superb they gave their all to cause. Hopefully the replay is as good if not better.

dublin7

I always said ye were a bitter lot but today proved yer animals . The abuse andy got was the worst behavior i have ever witnessed at a game. My sister has spoken to family members there now and his mother was very upset . Its really not right guys, it wasnt just the booing the verbal abuse was scary the hatred . Really disgusting .

What a ridiculous post. Every county has nut jobs following them. Remember the mayo fan who tried to attack the referee in Limerick and became a mini celebrity/hero with Mayo fans looking for selfies!!!! A lot of hatred for him that day and I'd imagine upsetting/frightening for his family.

He's not the 1st player to be booed in croker and he won't be the last. It didn't bother Andy Moran. That man will have to play for Mayo until he's 40 because none of the other forwards are any use

Mac2

Rochford must have money on the opposition at this stage, some unbelievable calls again, Cafferkey starting is just beyond farcical at this stage. Drake and Coen coming on, Boyle going off, just beggars belief.

straightred

Quote from: Mac2 on July 30, 2017, 07:27:28 PM
Rochford must have money on the opposition at this stage, some unbelievable calls again, Cafferkey starting is just beyond farcical at this stage. Drake and Coen coming on, Boyle going off, just beggars belief.

At one stage in the 2nd half a forward literally walked past Cafferty. someone else then fouled the forward and roscommon got a handy point form a free

dublin7

Quote from: straightred on July 30, 2017, 07:30:38 PM
Quote from: Mac2 on July 30, 2017, 07:27:28 PM

At one stage in the 2nd half a forward literally walked past Cafferty. someone else then fouled the forward and roscommon got a handy point form a free

They also had to put their best player and main score getter Lee Keegan in the FB line in the 2nd half to do a marking job to cover for him.  Without his driving runs Mayo struggled to get scores in the 2nd half. I think they only scored 4 points in the whole 2nd half

Captain Obvious

Was a similar game to last years quarter final between Tyrone and Mayo when that day Tyrone didn't look to have any forward. Mayo live to fight another day a hard team to beat no doubt but you have to wonder how many lives is left in this old Mayo cat.

Syferus

I was due to fly out on a holiday bank holiday Monday but I'm going to have to change my flight. No fecking way am I missing this match.

Halfquarter

Quote from: dublin7 on July 30, 2017, 07:24:16 PM

What a ridiculous post. Every county has nut jobs following them. Remember the mayo fan who tried to attack the referee in Limerick and became a mini celebrity/hero with Mayo fans looking for selfies!!!! A lot of hatred for him that day and I'd imagine upsetting/frightening for his family.

He's not the 1st player to be booed in croker and he won't be the last. It didn't bother Andy Moran. That man will have to play for Mayo until he's 40 because none of the other forwards are any use

Booing players is wrong, no matter who is doing the booing .

From the Bunker

Not a day for forwards today! Geaney and Donaghy the only ones to come away with a decent days work. JOD was terrible. Mayo, Ros and especially the much vaulted Galway forwards all flopped! Conditions did not help but at intercounty standard you'd expect more.

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on July 30, 2017, 07:56:56 PM
I was due to fly out on a holiday bank holiday Monday but I'm going to have to change my flight. No fecking way am I missing this match.
I would have thought you would be a holidays in Co Roscommon type, Syf. Ming has often drawn attention to how well Galway does out of tourism compared to Roscommon.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

twohands!!!

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 30, 2017, 08:04:33 PM
Not a day for forwards today! Geaney and Donaghy the only ones to come away with a decent days work. JOD was terrible. Mayo, Ros and especially the much vaulted Galway forwards all flopped! Conditions did not help but at intercounty standard you'd expect more.

Hasn't trained for a week and a bit apparently and carrying a knock

From the Bunker

Disgrace the Replay is not in Connacht! All to accommodate Corporate Boxes and Vendors and the chance to charge extra for seats!

>:(