All Ireland Quarter Final;Roscommon v Mayo Sunday July 30th

Started by maigheo, July 23, 2017, 01:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Hound

Mayo did their best to lose that, but Ros made a balls of attack after attack in the last 10 mins.

Thank fook Mayo rarely let Lee Keegan loose. Great idea to stick him on an opponent so he has little influence on Mayo attacks! Utterly bizarre that after dominating the game in the first half, they played him in the full back line for a big chunk of the 2nd half.

Mayo Border

Paddy Joe the barber reckons that Donie Smith's point was world class

Syferus

That was one of the most electric matches I've ever went to. That buzz was unreal. Everything the GAA should be about was on display today.

Our young lads got to experience a new level of senior football today. Very proud of their performance and another game at this stage of the year is very welcome. Roll on Saturday.

Mayo Border

Quote from: Mayo Border on July 30, 2017, 06:17:20 PM
Paddy Joe the barber reckons that Donie Smith's point was world class
He has now just stated on The Marty Squad that " Once we draw and dont win we never lose".

omagh_gael

Seen a suggestion on Twitter to move Dublin v Monaghan QF to the bank holdiay monday and Mayo/Ros to the double header. Probably too many barriers to make thst happen.

Or could they squeeze it in before the Hurling on sunday?

Chimley

That's surely the last nail in our coffin. We were out of gas today and 6 days is too short a recovery time.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 30, 2017, 06:22:30 PM
Seen a suggestion on Twitter to move Dublin v Monaghan QF to the bank holdiay monday and Mayo/Ros to the double header. Probably too many barriers to make thst happen.

Or could they squeeze it in before the Hurling on sunday?

They'll be 60K+ alone at the hurling I'd say.

rodney trotter

GAA SFC Quart-finals: Sat Aug 5 - Armagh v Tyrone 4.0; Dublin v Monaghan 6.0. Mon Aug 7 - Mayo v Roscommon replay time tbc. All @CrokePark

dclane

Quote from: Syferus on July 30, 2017, 06:20:06 PM
That was one of the most electric matches I've ever went to. That buzz was unreal. Everything the GAA should be about was on display today.

Our young lads got to experience a new level of senior football today. Very proud of their performance and another game at this stage of the year is very welcome. Roll on Saturday.
It was shite.
The standard of Connacht football is dreadful.
Probably the worst province of them all this year.
I've seen better Junior B matches than that sorry excuse for a game today.

lenny

Quote from: Hound on July 30, 2017, 06:11:22 PM
Mayo did their best to lose that, but Ros made a balls of attack after attack in the last 10 mins.

Thank fook Mayo rarely let Lee Keegan loose. Great idea to stick him on an opponent so he has little influence on Mayo attacks! Utterly bizarre that after dominating the game in the first half, they played him in the full back line for a big chunk of the 2nd half.

Unbelievable decision to move him to full back when he'd scored 1.3 in the first half. Roscommon would've been delighted to see him back there.

Syferus

Excellent that we're not being dragged to Salthill. This match deserves the stage that befits it's status, it would have been an injustice for one of these teams to have gone out playing anywhere else but Croker. What an occasion today has been. The colour and the noise was something else. Hopefully more of the same on Monday week.

Anyone who was there today will want to see the conclusion..

Rossfan

Quote from: dclane on July 30, 2017, 06:32:29 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 30, 2017, 06:20:06 PM

It was shite.
The standard of Connacht football is dreadful.
Probably the worst province of them all this year.
I've seen better Junior B matches than that sorry excuse for a game today.

You begrudging oul toss pot..
Great contest. Heroic day.
Let's hope we've learned from today and finish the job Monday week.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

I always said ye were a bitter lot but today proved yer animals . The abuse andy got was the worst behavior i have ever witnessed at a game. My sister has spoken to family members there now and his mother was very upset . Its really not right guys, it wasnt just the booing the verbal abuse was scary the hatred . Really disgusting .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

PadraicHenryPearse

Calling people from Roscommon animals sets you above all that Larry. Really disgusting.