All Ireland Quarter Final;Roscommon v Mayo Sunday July 30th

Started by maigheo, July 23, 2017, 01:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayo.mick

mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 28, 2017, 04:48:48 PM
I have a bad feeling about Sunday. McStay will want to prove a point with how he was treated by the Mayo CB added to the fact that this is a young Ros team who have nothing to lose. Mayo on the other hand just about alive. I said before the Cork match that we'll probably lose at quarter final stage or semi. Sadly I think it will be the former. Unfortunately it will be to Ros.

Even a manager with no history with the opposition will have something to prove. Any Manager worth his salt always has something to prove. Some times it's better having no history! As it can muddy the water and real focus of the job in hand can be lost. So it's a mixed bag really! Insightful stuff Farr saying we'd probably lose at the Quater/Semi final stage. You've been singing that song for the last 10+ years and it's getting tiresome at this stage. I'll probably get f***ed out of it by the ''In'' gang for saying this to you!

weareros

Quote from: Syferus on July 28, 2017, 04:53:15 PM
I have a bad feeling about Sunday. McStay will want to prove a point with how he was treated by the Mayo CB added to the fact that this is a young Ros team who have nothing to lose. Mayo on the other hand just about alive. I said before the Cork match that we'll probably lose at quarter final stage or semi. Sadly I think it will be the former. Unfortunately it will be to Ros.

In other news, the sky is blue..

A little note that brings both counties together - a monument was unveiled today at Shannon's Cross outside Loughglynn to honour John Morley and Henry Bryne and mark the terrible events of 37 years ago. It's a lovely little monument and worth stopping off at for anyone passing by.

Remember that like yesterday too. Had the pleasure of knowing John in his all too short life. A true great. May their souls rest in peace and enjoy a great game on Sunday from above.

macdanger2

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 28, 2017, 07:21:26 PM

Even a manager with no history with the opposition will have something to prove. Any Manager worth his salt always has something to prove. Some times it's better having no history! As it can muddy the water and real focus of the job in hand can be lost. So it's a mixed bag really! Insightful stuff Farr saying we'd probably lose at the Quater/Semi final stage. You've been singing that song for the last 10+ years and it's getting tiresome at this stage. I'll probably get f***ed out of it by the ''In'' gang for saying this to you!

*hits FTB a belt of a shoulder for squaring up to a Knockmore man

Crete Boom

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 28, 2017, 07:21:26 PM

Brave man Bunker , they are born taking the head off people out there in bandit country!!

mrhardyannual

I don't know where the pessimism is coming from Farr. I think that we are improving each game. 55 mins last Saturday was as good as I've seen for a long time. Changes/Complacency played a huge part in Cork comeback. Saying that, when the momentum of a game turns against you it is nearly impossible to stop it. Mayo did last week. Roscommon are improving but I doubt if they have reached semi-final standard yet. I expect a good game and a Mayo win.

Syferus

Quote from: mrhardyannual on July 28, 2017, 09:35:44 PM
I don't know where the pessimism is coming from Farr. I think that we are improving each game. 55 mins last Saturday was as good as I've seen for a long time. Changes/Complacency played a huge part in Cork comeback. Saying that, when the momentum of a game turns against you it is nearly impossible to stop it. Mayo did last week. Roscommon are improving but I doubt if they have reached semi-final standard yet. I expect a good game and a Mayo win.

I thought Mayo were incredibly ropey through the Cork match, especially when you consider how poor Corks defence was, and has been for quite some time. If Mayo aren't a lot better than that performance they will lose on Sunday.

From the Bunker

A little note that brings both counties together - a monument was unveiled today at Shannon's Cross outside Loughglynn to honour John Morley and Henry Bryne and mark the terrible events of 37 years ago. It's a lovely little monument and worth stopping off at for anyone passing by.

mrhardyannual

Quote from: Syferus on July 28, 2017, 09:46:33 PM
Quote from: mrhardyannual on July 28, 2017, 09:35:44 PM

I thought Mayo were incredibly ropey through the Cork match, especially when you consider how poor Corks defence was, and has been for quite some time. If Mayo aren't a lot better than that performance they will lose on Sunday.

Perceptions differ obviously but it is still a big leap for Roscommon, on the back of one result against Galway, to take out a top-four side.

macdanger2

Team named

David Clarke (Ballina Stephenites)
Brendan Harrison (Aghamore)
Ger Cafferkey (Ballina Stephenites)
Keith Higgins (Ballyhaunis)
Lee Keegan (Westport)
Chris Barrett (Belmullet)
Colm Boyle (Davitts)
Seamus O'Shea (Breaffy)
Tom Parsons (Charlestown)
Kevin McLoughlin (Knockmore)
Aidan O'Shea (Breaffy)
Diarmuid O'Connor (Ballintubber)
Conor Loftus (Crossmolina)
Cillian O'Connor (Ballintubber, captain)
Andy Moran (Ballaghaderreen)

Syferus

From the sounds of things, a dummy team. Rochford ain't fooling anyone. The differing approaches to announcing the teams is interesting in itself.

mrhardyannual

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 28, 2017, 09:52:36 PM

A fitting tribute to one of Mayo's finest. Always thought that not playing him in 1975 was the biggest selection error ever (including our change of goalkeeper last year).

highorlow

I agree we are improving. The Cork game was a huge step forward. McStay is already shitting himself with his pathetic comments in the papers about not having a game for so long. If was the fresher Cork team that nearly did for us the last day.

Hopefully Rochford won't be as complacent on the line on Sunday with the subs and get the lads to put the foot on the throat this time.

It's time also for our lads to drop those GPS bras I'd say that's why Barrett was hauled ashore.

Anyhow we are back in familiar territory against a team that just got relegated and that Galway barely left a hand on.

I can see this as a 12 to 15 point win.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Syferus

Quote from: highorlow on July 28, 2017, 10:18:05 PM
I agree we are improving. The Cork game was a huge step forward. McStay is already shitting himself with his pathetic comments in the papers about not having a game for so long. If was the fresher Cork team that nearly did for us the last day.

Hopefully Rochford won't be as complacent on the line on Sunday with the subs and get the lads to put the foot on the throat this time.

It's time also for our lads to drop those GPS bras I'd say that's why Barrett was hauled ashore.

Anyhow we are back in familiar territory against a team that just got relegated and that Galway barely left a hand on.

I can see this as a 12 to 15 point win.

McStay has absolutely nothing to lose on Sunday, Rochford on the other hand..

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose