All Ireland Quarter Final;Roscommon v Mayo Sunday July 30th

Started by maigheo, July 23, 2017, 01:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Hopefully we'll be able to keep the ball kicked out to ye anyway Lar.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 26, 2017, 11:42:40 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on July 26, 2017, 07:40:03 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 26, 2017, 07:35:07 AM
Good man larryin. You have them hopping up and down like mad. On a more football related note what's the genuine feeling in Roscommon? Is there a bullish mood brewing thinking that the team will give Mayo the knockout blow; or do you think that there's still a possibility that Mayo might do the business once again, despite the tired legs and high mileage?
Are you asking them are they feeling bullish or sheepish?
;D ;D
Yeah, we'll shear them hoors alright.
If any of them pesky Rossies are entertaining grand notions they should remember that they were feeling the same way about Galway in last year's Connacht Final and look what happened to them?
I can't see them beating Mayo because of the Croke Park factor.
Mayo play well at Headquarters. They always have since Horan arrived on the scene and even when beaten, they fought to the very end. Croke Park holds no fear for them and they always rise to the occasion while the sheepophiles know sweet feck all about what lies ahead.
Mayo by at least five!

Most of this team have played at Croker multiple times at underage, league finals and semi finals, and the league itself. Some of them even won AI senior titles there and did what terrifies Mayo lads and walked up the Hogan Stand, Lar. I think people overstate what is a bit of grass means to the end result. Any footballer would their boots is going to relish playing at Croker.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on July 26, 2017, 01:02:45 PM
Good man larryin. You have them hopping up and down like mad. On a more football related note what's the genuine feeling in Roscommon? Is there a bullish mood brewing thinking that the team will give Mayo the knockout blow; or do you think that there's still a possibility that Mayo might do the business once again, despite the tired legs and high mileage?
;D ;D
If any of them pesky Rossies are entertaining grand notions they should remember that they were feeling the same way about Galway in last year's Connacht Final and look what happened to them?
Mayo play well at Headquarters. They always have since Horan arrived on the scene and even when beaten, they fought to the very end. Croke Park holds no fear for them and they always rise to the occasion while the sheepophiles know sweet feck all about what lies ahead.
Mayo by at least five!

Most of this team have played at Croker multiple times at underage, league finals and semi finals, and the league itself. Some of them even won AI senior titles there and did what terrifies Mayo lads and walked up the Hogan Stand, Lar. I think people overstate what is a bit of grass means to the end result. Any footballer would their boots is going to relish playing at Croker.
Nah, Armageddon is nigh. Be afraid; be very afraid. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

mayo.mick

Season tickets are in the accounts now, mighty seats as always!
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Ballaghman

;D ;D
Mayo by at least five!

Played multiple. i.e. a few, times and generally lost, often getting a hosing in the process

Syferus

Quote from: Ballaghman on July 26, 2017, 01:39:33 PM
;D ;D
Mayo by at least five!

Played multiple. i.e. a few, times and generally lost, often getting a hosing in the process

Our record at senior in Croker over the last three or four years is 2-2. But don't let facts get in the way of your self-loathing attack on your own county.

mrhardyannual

[/quote]

Despite the above, playing in Croke Park is a definite plus to Mayo. The pitch plays differently to others and familiarity with the effect of the stands on the wind etc only comes with experience. If it were not so we wouldnt see it as such an advantage to the Dubs.

Syferus

Quote from: mrhardyannual on July 26, 2017, 02:15:33 PM
Despite the above, playing in Croke Park is a definite plus to Mayo. The pitch plays differently to others and familiarity with the effect of the stands on the wind etc only comes with experience. If it were not so we wouldnt see it as such an advantage to the Dubs.

It's an advantage to Dublin because they have 50k jackeens hounding the ref for every game, it's their home feckin ground.

Second biggest pitch in Ireland after Croke Park?

Dr Hyde Park..

Pitch with the most difficult wind?

Salthill..

weareros

I'm not worried about Croker factor. At the end of the day, Roscommon had not won in Salthill since 1988. If a team is good enough, they will overcome history. It will come down to the best team on Sunday. Mayo are overwhelming favourites because they are in the top 3 teams in the country, and were a very close second to Dublin last year. Truth be told, they should have won the first day. This is now the stage where Mayo start playing. As I said, our young team will need to have the performance of their lives.

manfromdelmonte

;D ;D

Mayo by at least five!
Roscommon drew with Galway in that game using a very defensive approach
whats your point?

macdanger2

Quote from: Syferus on July 26, 2017, 02:18:10 PM
Quote from: mrhardyannual on July 26, 2017, 02:15:33 PM

It's an advantage to Dublin because they have 50k jackeens hounding the ref for every game, it's their home feckin ground.

Second biggest pitch in Ireland after Croke Park?

Dr Hyde Park..

Pitch with the most difficult wind?

Salthill..

Is clones pitch not bigger than croker?

Ballaghman

Quote from: Syferus on July 26, 2017, 01:44:35 PM
;D ;D
Mayo by at least five!

Our record at senior in Croker over the last three or four years is 2-2. But don't let facts get in the way of your self-loathing attack on your own county.
That's an excellent sample size Syf, quite the researcher you are. What happened against Kerry and Dublin again? Absolute hosings!
I do think the pitch will suit your style of play though but it is a second home to our lads, 3 of which climbed the Hogan stand to collect a minor all-Ireland in 2013.

Syferus

Quote from: Ballaghman on July 26, 2017, 03:34:42 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 26, 2017, 01:44:35 PM
;D ;D
Mayo by at least five!

That's an excellent sample size Syf, quite the researcher you are. What happened against Kerry and Dublin again? Absolute hosings!
I do think the pitch will suit your style of play though but it is a second home to our lads, 3 of which climbed the Hogan stand to collect a minor all-Ireland in 2013.

On another topic, is there going to be a moments applause for David Gavin at the match? Would be nice for both sides to join together for that.

Cunny Funt

;D ;D
Mayo by at least five!

Mayos last trip to Croke park wasn't a memorable one, well beaten against a Dublin side playing a few fringe players and Mayo closer to full strength only managing 7 points. The Mayo performances against Westmeath,Tipp in Croke park weren't the best last year either. If Mayo produce a similar performance on Sunday as those games then the Rossies will be in with a chance of causing an upset.

magpie seanie