Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

breakingball

You are correct and this won't be too far off

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on August 08, 2023, 10:18:47 AM
How do you see the rest of that group playing out if assuming Rian is missing? Cushendall to come out on top, followed by Loughgiel and then St Endas for me. Likely to leave quarter finals being Loughgiel v St Johns and St Endas v Rossa to go through and meet Dunloy & Cushendall. Or is it an open draw at the quarter final stage?

saffman

Still see very little between cushendall & loughgiel and very much how it plays on the day.

Think Rossa will get 2nd in their group and if Naomh Eanna do beat ballycastle for 3rd that will be an interesting quarter final.

Similarly St Johns V either cushendall or loughgiel isnt a forgone conclusion

Championship shaping up nicely with alot of competitive contests.

NorthAntrim

Can anyone shed any light as to why we have 7 championship fixtures this friday night, 6 on saturday and ONE on sunday?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NorthAntrim on August 14, 2023, 12:14:49 PM
Can anyone shed any light as to why we have 7 championship fixtures this friday night, 6 on saturday and ONE on sunday?

I know as a player I'd rather have a Fri or Sat night game over a Sunday. We used to have them all on the one day
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Most of them are pretty much meaningless (Senior anyway) at this stage anyway, so when they are played is kind of irrelevant.

NorthAntrim

Its the players working and travelling to be at a pitch for 6.30 at the latest. Obviously this happens with league but champ is different. Games are tight for 7.30 now too light wise. A dull wet friday and itll be fairly dark by the end

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NorthAntrim on August 14, 2023, 04:25:03 PM
Its the players working and travelling to be at a pitch for 6.30 at the latest. Obviously this happens with league but champ is different. Games are tight for 7.30 now too light wise. A dull wet friday and itll be fairly dark by the end

So have them all on a Sunday at the same time?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NorthAntrim

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 15, 2023, 08:58:15 AM

no why be smart in your reply? in previous years i remember games at 1 3 5 and 7pm on saturdays. and possibly 2/3 different times on sundays

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NorthAntrim on August 15, 2023, 09:55:28 AM

no why be smart in your reply? in previous years i remember games at 1 3 5 and 7pm on saturdays. and possibly 2/3 different times on sundays

I'm not being smart. There are 8 games on Sunday, 6 games Sat and 9 games on Friday night, 23 games spread over 3 days. On Sat the 2 senior games are at different times, 5pm and 7pm, up the country, allowing people to watch both should they wish...

I don't think there is a fixture set up that pleases everyone

NorthAntrim

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 15, 2023, 10:07:53 AM

I'm not being smart. There are 8 games on Sunday, 6 games Sat and 9 games on Friday night, 23 games spread over 3 days. On Sat the 2 senior games are at different times, 5pm and 7pm, up the country, allowing people to watch both should they wish...

Im talking adult championship and youre counting u17 league. There are at least 2 refs out on Sundays u17 league that are able to ref champ(fitness test) so the refs arent the problem

also im not sure how youre going to get from st endas 5pm game to loughgiel for a 7pm throw in

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NorthAntrim on August 15, 2023, 11:22:30 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 15, 2023, 10:07:53 AM

Im talking adult championship and youre counting u17 league. There are at least 2 refs out on Sundays u17 league that are able to ref champ(fitness test) so the refs arent the problem

also im not sure how youre going to get from st endas 5pm game to loughgiel for a 7pm throw in

That was just changed in fairness today, when you were complaining that wasn't the case, like I said there are 23 games, if you are only interested in senior you can still see 3 games. You can't please everyone

NorthAntrim

Tbh im not bothered about spectators, they can comfortably make it home, dinner and out. Or seeing senior only games. I enjoy watching a junior as much as senior. Its the players, i feel theres a bit more championship feel lost on a friday night

SaffronSports

I could be wrong but I'd say players would probably be happy playing on Friday evening and then have the rest of the weekend free. Generally what I've heard from players over the years is the majority don't like Sunday matches.

Saffrongael

Quote from: SaffronSports on August 15, 2023, 12:24:43 PM
I could be wrong but I'd say players would probably be happy playing on Friday evening and then have the rest of the weekend free. Generally what I've heard from players over the years is the majority don't like Sunday matches.

Saturday probably best, Friday ok for teachers and the like sitting on their hole all day. If you are just off a building site it's not ideal
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on August 15, 2023, 12:29:40 PM
Quote from: SaffronSports on August 15, 2023, 12:24:43 PM

Saturday probably best, Friday ok for teachers and the like sitting on their hole all day. If you are just off a building site it's not ideal

Back in the day, building sites closed early enough, to collect the wages at the bar lol!!

Timings will not suit everyone, these lads nowadays are not going to miss the match because of work. but yeah, come the weekend I'd preferred it when it was Friday nights, very rare in my day did the games at senior change from Wed or Sunday's