Cryptocurrency

Started by gallsman, September 01, 2017, 02:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: clarshack on February 09, 2021, 02:45:35 PM
Bitcoin is too slow and expensive for payments and it's actually more of a store of value.
The likes of XLM (Stellar) is fast and cheap for sending payments while XRP (also fast and cheap) has a use case for cross border payments.
Expect XRP to go through the roof when the SEC case is settled.

XRP was approx $0.45 when I wrote this and now it's over a dollar. Who was it here that called it a scam?
XLM being doing well since this as well.

trailer

Quote from: clarshack on April 06, 2021, 01:56:57 PM
Bitcoin is too slow and expensive for payments and it's actually more of a store of value.
The likes of XLM (Stellar) is fast and cheap for sending payments while XRP (also fast and cheap) has a use case for cross border payments.

XRP was approx $0.45 when I wrote this and now it's over a dollar. Who was it here that called it a scam?

Really got into this over the past 3 months. Made a lot on XRP. Will probably take my stake out. Balls deep in Cardano and it's performing well. Have a long term position in Bitcoin.

clarshack

Quote from: trailer on April 06, 2021, 02:43:41 PM
Quote from: clarshack on April 06, 2021, 01:56:57 PM

Really got into this over the past 3 months. Made a lot on XRP. Will probably take my stake out. Balls deep in Cardano and it's performing well. Have a long term position in Bitcoin.

Keep a bag of XRP if you can. Even just a small one.

5times5times

Looking to start into the Crypto game. Would any of you fine people care to point me in the right direction, on where to even begin?

Bonus from work needs spending, since holidays to USA out of the picture!

1) App to use
2) What to lean towards
3) What to buy into 1st etc.

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: 5times5times on April 07, 2021, 10:31:21 AM
Looking to start into the Crypto game. Would any of you fine people care to point me in the right direction, on where to even begin?

1) App to use
2) What to lean towards

get verified
start trading

good luck

Smokin Joe

1) App to use
2) What to lean towards

After you have done what Mikhael suggested and got started with Binance I would suggest (but not financial advice) you could probably go for something like:
Bitcoin 50%
Ethereum 30%
And then split your other 20% between the next tier (Polkadot, Cardano, Chainlink or the true alt-coins where you can go after big potential gains as they are much riskier).

That's probably a decent long term strategy with the potential for good growth, but you aren't heavy on the coins that could go 30x or 40x in a short time.

trailer

Quote from: Smokin Joe on April 07, 2021, 03:50:29 PM

1) App to use
2) What to lean towards

After you have done what Mikhael suggested and got started with Binance I would suggest (but not financial advice) you could probably go for something like:
Bitcoin 50%
Ethereum 30%
And then split your other 20% between the next tier (Polkadot, Cardano, Chainlink or the true alt-coins where you can go after big potential gains as they are much riskier).

That's probably a decent long term strategy with the potential for good growth, but you aren't heavy on the coins that could go 30x or 40x in a short time.

I don't get Ethereum. What's is the upside to it? It's slow and costly. I just don't understand the value in it.

5times5times

Cheers gents! Will look into Binance tonight..

Is there any pages/forums you follow on trends/pairs to sway towards/avoid?

Say a hypothetical £2000 pot to play with... Yey/Ney on Polkadot over another coin per say?

Seamus

Quote from: trailer on April 07, 2021, 04:00:12 PM

1) App to use
2) What to lean towards

Bitcoin 50%
Ethereum 30%

I don't get Ethereum. What's is the upside to it? It's slow and costly. I just don't understand the value in it.

All those coins that build on the Ethereum platform must know something that you don't know.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

trailer

Quote from: Seamus on April 07, 2021, 05:02:14 PM

1) App to use
2) What to lean towards

Bitcoin 50%
Ethereum 30%

All those coins that build on the Ethereum platform must know something that you don't know.

Obviously not as they're all trying to fix the inefficiency's in the network. Ether is overvalued massively IMO

RedHand88

Fella I know was 130k up yesterday, 85k of that shaved off today. This man works the typical 9-5. I dont know how these boys sleep at night.

quit yo jibbajabba

Seamus

Quote from: trailer on April 07, 2021, 05:41:16 PM
Quote from: Seamus on April 07, 2021, 05:02:14 PM

1) App to use
2) What to lean towards

Bitcoin 50%
Ethereum 30%

Obviously not as they're all trying to fix the inefficiency's in the network. Ether is overvalued massively IMO

So where do you expect ETH to go from here?

"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

clarshack

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 07, 2021, 06:45:00 PM
Fella I know was 130k up yesterday, 85k of that shaved off today. This man works the typical 9-5. I dont know how these boys sleep at night.

Take it he was leverage trading? That's one way to get rekt.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 07, 2021, 06:45:00 PM

That is crazy considering it is down by less than 4% today!!