Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 19, 2013, 12:40:10 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 19, 2013, 11:30:29 AM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 19, 2013, 08:17:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=174-r8p2hJc

A mayo tune for a change .
Holy Moses, that effort is even cornier than Datsun's!
If Mayo play football like that crowd play music, we'll all be doomed; doomed. I tell ye!!  ;D

Leave the doom and gloom to me. I much prefer doing it! :D
Believe it or not, Farr, I wa thinking of you when I wrote that. ;D
My last line was going to be, "If Farr even listens to  that, he won't snap out of it until pigs start flying about the place."
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Asal Mor

Quote from: Olly on August 19, 2013, 12:47:18 PM
My great uncle is from Salthill in Mayo so we're very excited about this.

I wrote 2 pomes in haiku form with the theme of hands:

MAYO

They won't laugh at us
         When Sam is lifted to sky
By Mayo hands, see.

TYRONE

Rugby basterds YOU!
     Your filthy hands are pure muck
GO HOME! Up to North
Powerful stuff Olly. Is there a Salthill in Mayo?

Lar Naparka

MAYO

They won't laugh at us
By Mayo hands, see.

TYRONE

Rugby basterds YOU!
GO HOME! Up to North

Olly, you are to poetry as a bull is to a china shop. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

EC Unique

Now that it is the week of the match maybe we could talk a bit of sense on the thread?

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 18, 2013, 08:47:14 PM

Would doubt it. If anything I think Tyrone will be working on improving the attacking side of it. In recent games we've played well in patches when attacking at pace and getting forward. The problem has been we've sat back for long periods in the game and brought the opposition on to us. I'd like to think we'll still get men back but also attack in numbers. I think we'll see a considerable jump in the intensity of the Tyrone game for this. The 3 week break after 5 tough weeks on the road won't have done any harm.

Indeed, I am sure Mickey will be hoping for something like 2008 when Tyrone made their way through the qualifiers pretty much under the radar. There were some good spells in each game but some very mixed stuff too and Tyrone were written off going into the quarter final against a much hyped Dublin. The momentum picked up, followed by a wee break before the Dublin game, did Tyrone a world of good though they ended up putting together their best performance since 2005 to hammer the Dubs 3-14 to 1-8.

We would need something like that again this weekend, but you would have to seriously question the capability of this Tyrone side to reach that level. I'd wager Mayo have more about them than that Dublin team too, although I'd still like to see how they react to being in a really close game. The collapse against the Dubs last year might give you a bit of hope too.

Ultimately I think Mickey has done really well to get this team to a league final and an All-Ireland semi, but I think it's very much a functional team and I doubt they can go up another level. I'd love to be proved wrong though :D.

ONeill

We'll have to move the ball much faster in to O'Neill and McCurry. Surely Sean won't get another free rein to do the forwards' jobs for them as well as midfield.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: EC Unique on August 19, 2013, 01:26:26 PM
Now that it is the week of the match maybe we could talk a bit of sense on the thread?

Wishful thinking Ec wishful thinking.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

larryin89

MAYO

They won't laugh at us
By Mayo hands, see.

TYRONE

Rugby basterds YOU!
GO HOME! Up to North

You have a way with words.

Salthill has always been a stronghold for Mayo football too.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

the Deel Rover

Ya wouldn't think there was an Ai Semi Final on this weekend never seen fewer flags around the place suppose it's the same in Tyrone ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 19, 2013, 02:55:42 PM
Ya wouldn't think there was an Ai Semi Final on this weekend never seen fewer flags around the place suppose it's the same in Tyrone ?

Very few flags up in Tyrone too Deel, both are awaiting the outcome of Sunday it seems! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

venter

Mayo have to figure out some way of stopping Cavanagh... Tom Cunniffe's fitness could be a key aspect in all of this. If he is fit, it will allow us to play Keith Higgins at wing forward again.
Higgins could take up a role that would allow him to attack and defend depending on the situation and also get in close to Cavanagh when needed. If we can get Higgins in Cavanagh's line of sight, we may be able to disrupt his attacking game, force him into a defensive game, where he needs to be mindful of Higgins burning it up through the middle.

If we dont manage to curtail Cavanagh, it could go pear shaped for us.. Another big performance from him will inspire those around him.. (from watching the videos on the tyrone website, his team mates have massive respect for him). He has to be the focus for Horan and Co this week.

larryin89

Never seen the likes before around parts of rural east Mayo, flags on every second house is not an exaggeration.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 19, 2013, 02:57:00 PM

Very few flags up in Tyrone too Deel, both are awaiting the outcome of Sunday it seems! ;)

It appears to be Fear  :) . Apart from the banter on the board nobody I meet has even mentioned the game.I bet ye boys have the city west booked for the 3rd Sunday in September  though  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

ballinaman

I see our dear friend Eamon McGee tipping Tyrone in the Indo today because Mayo have not been tested. By McGees rationale Mayo have to be beaten before they have been "tested".

Deel Rover - You must call into the house if you are passing...the flag will be out on Sunday  ;)

the Deel Rover

Quote from: ballinaman on August 19, 2013, 03:04:31 PM
I see our dear friend Eamon McGee tipping Tyrone in the Indo today because Mayo have not been tested. By McGees rationale Mayo have to be beaten before they have been "tested".

Deel Rover - You must call into the house if you are passing...the flag will be out on Sunday  ;)

Sound Ballinaman will do have the fry on good man .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers