Official Monaghan GAA Thread

Started by GrandMasterFlash, February 02, 2007, 08:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schkite

Well they still have a bit of a hard edge about them, that comes with any Scotstown team I suppose, but it's a far cry from the days of Gerry McCarville and Fergus Caulfield! I suppose it's a bit unfair to compare a team's hardness to that Scotstown team, not many measure up the same.

The Konica

No, that's a fair point.

Caufield!
That's right ... knocked out someone before the ball was thrown in one year in a Championship match I think, I think it was against Armagh if I remember right.

Ball thrown up, everyone looking at centre field, hear a roar, look down the field and corner forward stretched out cold.

KIDDO 4

Truagh defeated Monaghan Harps 2.10 to 1.10, tonight in the Monaghan championship atEmyvale.

Schkite

Blayney beat Scotstown yesterday 0-10 to 1-5, and Carrick beat Ballybay 2-12 to 1-10.

ceol agus peil

Emyvale was the venue tonight as clontibret advanced to the Monaghan Champ semi final ,with a 1.12  to 1.8 quarter final victory over truagh.
Sent from my iphone

KIDDO 4

Scotstown 1.11, Magheracloone 1.11 tonight in the Monaghan  county semi final at Clontibret.

sammymaguire

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on September 25, 2010, 11:07:36 PM
Scotstown 1.11, Magheracloone 1.11 tonight in the Monaghan  county semi final at Clontibret.

Who was the luckier team to get the draw? When is the replay?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

KIDDO 4

Magheracloone 0.11,Scotstown 0.4  in tonights senior semi final replay.

sammymaguire

good luck to Eamonn and his back room team for the forthcoming challenges ahead for the Monaghan camp  :-\
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

UGAAWA

Ulster Gaels' big night out!

Tickets are now on sale for the 23rd Ulster GAA Writers' Association Banquet which will be held this year in the Slieve Russell Hotel, Co Cavan.

The Quinn Insurance Ulster GAA Writers Banquet is the only awards ceremony that honours players from all codes as well as grass-roots Gaels.

There is plenty to celebrate this year with Down's run to the All-Ireland SFC final, Tyrone lifting the minor title, Antrim's hurlers regaining their place amongst the sport's big guns, Armagh's rise up the hurling ranks, St Galls' march to All Ireland glory, the ladies of Tyrone and Donegal on the All Ireland stage, Paul Brady continuing to set the world handball benchmark and the Saffron camógs' All Ireland among the Ulster success stories.

As usual a star-studded guest list from all codes will celebrate all that is good in Gaelic games in the province in 2010. Tickets are priced £50 or €60 and are available by contacting Tony McGee at tony.mcgee@btinternet.com or visit www.ulstergaawriters.com for full details.

Accommodation in the Slieve Russell Hotel can be booked here: www.slieverussell.ie. Click here for a list of alternative accommodation in the area:  http://www.irishtourist.com/directory/accommodation/north/cavan/

twotwocharlie

check out www.winonehundredthousand.ie        great value for 20 euro

potential income for any club willing to promote the draw in their area.

KIDDO 4

Credit Union Senior Football League 2010
Semi-Final Inniskeen   played  tonight at 7pm

MAGHERACLOONE 0-9 V 0-7 CASTLEBLAYNEY

Mid Down Gael

Under 21 Shamrock Tournament
The 2011 Shamrock Cup U21 Tournament commences this weekend.

Fixtures: Tyrone v Fermanagh in Pomeroy on Saturday at 12.00 noon.

Monaghan v Down in Cloghan on Sunday at 12.00 noon.

If anyone can assist me with directions to Cloghan it would be much appreciated. From its nearest Monaghan town.

Maguire01

Between Castleblaney and Clontibret - on the side of the new road.

Whats it all about

Can anyone help me with some info??? trying to find out if the under 16 voational final has been played or fixed and if so who playing or won ??