Official Monaghan GAA Thread

Started by GrandMasterFlash, February 02, 2007, 08:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schkite

Brennan has alot to learn? Where do you come out with this stuff? He's been around a long time and been successful you'll find, sure he led us to an Ulster final 15 years ago and him in his 20's! Not saying he's the best manager about or anything but he's done more than most club managers about Ulster. Where is he making excuses, that's just what I'm wondering, and where has he talked of underhand tactics by Dromore? Dromore are a good enough team I'm sure to play their own game and not worry about the opposition's injury problems, nothing being said to "put them off". The two lads are injured and that's the guts of it, not like too much is being made of it. They're two county players that's missing, obviously a big loss for us and that's why it made news. Nobody is playing the "poor Clontibret" card, it's disappointing obviously to lose 2 big players and any interviews this week would have reflected that. It's a case now of working around it, and other players needing to step in and make their mark.

It wouldn't be a shock if Dromore won on Sunday imo, quite the opposite in fact, and it seems the bookies think so now too. It would have been 50/50 with both team's at full strength I'd say, 2 even enough teams. We'll need to keep it very tight at the back and hope the other lads up front can step it up in Conor's absense. Should be a good game, looking forward to it. Despite preparations not being the best, playing in Ulster is always great and you never know when you'll be back, so it should be enjoyed!

Zapatista

Quote from: MR99 on October 30, 2009, 07:00:06 PM

Dromore aren't complaining about a hard and fair game, they'll take the hits and give them fair, its the Clontibret management trying to make out that they have 'underhand tactics' and verbal intimidation

Was this in the GL? Haven't seen it but I heard he said something childish. Not to worry though.

Schkite

Quote from: Zapatista on October 31, 2009, 02:23:02 PM

Dromore aren't complaining about a hard and fair game, they'll take the hits and give them fair, its the Clontibret management trying to make out that they have 'underhand tactics' and verbal intimidation

Was this in the GL? Haven't seen it but I heard he said something childish. Not to worry though.

Actually did see this online today alright, hadn't thought he'd have been saying things like that but there you go. Doubt it'll affect the match in any way regardless so we'll see how it goes.

thebandit

Best of luck to Clontibret 2moro :)

tyssam5

Quote from: Schkite on October 31, 2009, 03:13:03 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on October 31, 2009, 02:23:02 PM

Actually did see this online today alright, hadn't thought he'd have been saying things like that but there you go. Doubt it'll affect the match in any way regardless so we'll see how it goes.

Plenty of time for these silly comments to reach a wider audience with the extra week off.

tyssam5

Quote from: Schkite on October 28, 2009, 01:09:45 PM
McManus out for 8 weeks, JP also out. Very disappointing.

Yes. Of course.

tyssam5

Quote from: tyssam5 on November 08, 2009, 02:54:55 PM

Yes. Of course.

JP on as well. Full of Schite there Schkite as predicted!

Schkite

Quote from: tyssam5 on November 08, 2009, 02:57:40 PM
Quote from: tyssam5 on November 08, 2009, 02:54:55 PM

Yes. Of course.

JP on as well. Full of Schite there Schkite as predicted!

Look, I know nothing of what goes on inside the panel anymore, so I was just going by what was being said by the team and the media. McManus broke his wrist, that's a fact. I seen him last week with it in a cast. It's emerged now that he's had the cast taken off just for this game, and fair play to the lad for doing this knowing well there's a good chance it would be dragged all day. He clearly wasn't near fully fit today, but he was valuable to us.

JP also clearly injured, he only came on out of necessity after Colm Greenan went off injured. He put in a good half hour or so and then replaced as he obviously didn't have the legs for any longer with the bad knee. Had the match been last week as scheduled he wouldn't have been in good shape for it, a week made the difference.

I really couldn't give two fcuks what you say to be honest, especially with the result! Hard luck to the Dromore team and supporters, you'll be back very soon.

thewanderer

Poor show yesterday schkite, even if they had got a goal thought galls had the beatin of the defence at most times.

Jimmyjimson

Would anyone know where I could get a link to the results from the Monaghan SFC and IFC this year ? I've tried the Monaghan website and it seems to be missing quite a few games.

Family guy

Who is the manager of the scotstown team?

Family guy

Monaghan_Ultra

I'd just like to bring to the attention of Monaghan posters, lurkers or anyone else from any other county that may be interested that a Monaghan GAA Forum has been set up to cater for the cyber needs of Monaghan Gaels. 

Hopefully some of you will join and the forum can be of benefit to us all.

Muineachán Abú!

www.monaghangaaforum.proboards.com

Mid Down Gael

I see Down are due to play Monaghan in Cremartin on Sunday in the Shamrock Cup final. Any posters know where in Monaghan Cremartin is? Cant find it on google. Directions from Crossmaglen would be handy.