All Ireland Final Replay 1st October 2016 Dublin vs Mayo

Started by Hereiam, September 21, 2016, 10:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Iorras you mentioned you witnessed this headbutt on Parsons so can you share with us exactly what you saw.
I only saw him coming off with the blood pouring from his head but it was amazing nobody on RTE brought it up.

I think your lack of telling the story means people are not believing you.

heffo

Quote from: blast05 on October 10, 2016, 09:13:28 AM
The only place i have seen anger and frustration from Mayo fans is on this forum .... in response to arrogant, ungracious and ignorant Dublin posts

Really? I'd say the arrogant, ungracious & ignorant posts are about ten to one non-Dublin > Dublin and if you read back through this thread it's the same.

Jinxy

Quote from: Fuzzman on October 10, 2016, 05:11:48 PM
Iorras you mentioned you witnessed this headbutt on Parsons so can you share with us exactly what you saw.
I only saw him coming off with the blood pouring from his head but it was amazing nobody on RTE brought it up.

A Derrytresk man headbutted Parsons from his seat in the lower Hogan.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Kickham csc

Quote from: blast05 on October 10, 2016, 09:13:28 AM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/tommy-conlon-record-books-dont-factor-in-mayos-luckless-run-in-the-refereeing-lottery-35114617.html

The very last sentence it captures it perfectly re Mayo fans
The only place i have seen anger and frustration from Mayo fans is on this forum .... in response to arrogant, ungracious and ignorant Dublin posts

Just read the Tommy Conlon piece.
"Straight afterwards, as Mayo come out of defence, Connolly runs 20 metres to topple Donie Vaughan on the blindside, off the ball. It's a textbook black card situation: taking the support player out of the move with a body check"

Couldn't disagree more with this assessment. Actually followed this play as it happened and watched it numerous times on TV, Connelly sprints back to help defend, (a sprint that started on the 21 when he was the only man up there), he sprinted past a couple of Dublin and Mayo players, was running past Vaughan when Vaughan turned to his right and collided with Connelly.

If this is a black card then football f#$ked, because we are one step away from eliminating all physical contact out of the game. IMO, Vaughan was walking a tight rope for a red, as he sprinted up to Connelly and initiated there altercation.

The black card rule is a disaster, we have a red and yellow card. Replace any black card with a yellow during the game and the players would have to adjust. For example Keegan would not have the latitude to get into a tangle with Connelly if he was on a yellow, this would have given Connelly and advantage, same at the other end.

Just cut out the black cards and be more consistent with the red and yellows.

Final point, the replay was a great game, and people should focus on that not this petty BS.

I think Mayo are closer to an All Ireland than they ever have been before, as long as they rally around and get back at it. And this statement applies to the fans as well. If the focus on referees and Dublin, then another team will pop up and take there place

iorras

Are you mad? If any of our learned hacks couldn't be bothered researching it and writing about it then I'm not going to start naming names on a public website. Checkout defamation Ireland's website to see what can happen. I'm amazed it hasn't happened here up to now but I'm not risking that.
I really don't care if people believe me or not
People on RTE or anywhere else don't seem to have been capable of talking about anything else except Rob Hennelly. There was over 25 minutes of ball to be played when he made his mistake, plenty of time left to win or lose many matches. The big impact he had was on whatever substitution strategy Mayo had, 3 subs have to have been outside of the plan.

westbound

Quote from: iorras on October 11, 2016, 09:04:13 AM

Are you mad? If any of our learned hacks couldn't be bothered researching it and writing about it then I'm not going to start naming names on a public website. Checkout defamation Ireland's website to see what can happen. I'm amazed it hasn't happened here up to now but I'm not risking that.

People on RTE or anywhere else don't seem to have been capable of talking about anything else except Rob Hennelly. There was over 25 minutes of ball to be played when he made his mistake, plenty of time left to win or lose many matches. The big impact he had was on whatever substitution strategy Mayo had, 3 subs have to have been outside of the plan.

It's only defamation if it's untrue! (or 'largely untrue')!

Buckass

Thought the worst challenge of the game was the reckless one by James McCarthy on Vaughan in 1st half. Vaughan had just caught a kick-out (one of Hennelly's better ones)...after palming it up in the air and getting it on 2nd go. McCarthy took off from 10 yards away & flung himself into Vaughan not even looking at the ball and connected with his hip against Vaughan's head. Then the ref had a word with Paul Flynn as McCarthy drifted away. Vaughan was a big loss of legs for mayo in 2nd half

dublin7

Kieran Shannon has an excellent piece in the Examiner today pointing out the big difference between the Mayo and Dublin forward lines and the ability of Dublin players to score with either foot.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/kieran-shannon/dublins-success-cultivated-by-the-team-pillar-caffrey-built-425114.html

The Aristocrat

Did Mayo do anything wrong in the final? All the over analysis seems to be of Dublin incidents but perhaps that's one of the reasons they are All Ireland champions again, ruthlessness.

tonto1888

Haha, a complete cop out. It didnt happen

Kickham csc

Quote from: Buckass on October 11, 2016, 10:37:33 AM
Thought the worst challenge of the game was the reckless one by James McCarthy on Vaughan in 1st half. Vaughan had just caught a kick-out (one of Hennelly's better ones)...after palming it up in the air and getting it on 2nd go. McCarthy took off from 10 yards away & flung himself into Vaughan not even looking at the ball and connected with his hip against Vaughan's head. Then the ref had a word with Paul Flynn as McCarthy drifted away. Vaughan was a big loss of legs for mayo in 2nd half

The worst challenge and the cutest. Ball was in the vicinity, so impossible for the ref to determine; if it was a genuine attempt for the ball,  a reckless attempt to injure an opponent, or a legitimate case of taking "ball and man"

mouview

Quote from: dublin7 on October 11, 2016, 11:38:32 AM
Kieran Shannon has an excellent piece in the Examiner today pointing out the big difference between the Mayo and Dublin forward lines and the ability of Dublin players to score with either foot.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/kieran-shannon/dublins-success-cultivated-by-the-team-pillar-caffrey-built-425114.html

Some of the Dublin forwards were unable to score of either foot in the 2 finals. Are they the 'greatest team with ordinary forwards' in GAA history?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: tonto1888 on October 11, 2016, 12:51:30 PM

It mustn't have. It was Parsons scratching his head...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

criostlinn

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 11, 2016, 01:34:23 PM

Ah it was probably the same move O'Shea tried last year. You know the one when he grabbed his jersey to make him head butt

tonto1888

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 11, 2016, 01:34:23 PM

obviously something happened him but he wasnt headbutted