The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

criostlinn

Quote from: joemamas on September 04, 2012, 06:06:00 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 04, 2012, 04:29:40 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on September 04, 2012, 02:43:30 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on September 04, 2012, 02:20:48 PM
Just flicking through this thread and nobody has anything positive to say about Davis. He rambles and sometimes makes no sense, shouting across the other guests soo that he is heard. Marc O Se spoke well but Davis chirped in a few times before he had time to finish what he was saying. Its amazing how he is still employed by RTE. At least Brolly and Spillane make the programme interesting and have a humourous side to them as well.

McStay is one annoying man doing co-commentary but is actually quite good in the studio. Very strange how RTE put him on co-commentary for Sundays game with him being a Mayo man.

McHugh whilst nowhere near as annoying as Davis sometimes rambles as well even though he does actually make some good points. Loves to start sentences with 'Its interesting .....'

Who will Martin Carney be supporting in the final?

It'll be a tough one for him and while he had some great days with Mayo especially in 1985, I'd say he have to go for the county of his birth and he did play and win an (I think) an Ulster title with Donegal in 1974

Very much so.

I really couldn't say for certain

Will defo be shouting for Donegal. Said as much on the radio last week. Something like his daughter goes to matches with him and she says that he is angry for an hour after Mayo lose where as it lasts a day when Donegal lose

James Gatz

Martin Carney and Darragh Maloney should be on commentary for the final, both very good. TSG should be getting on more people like Ciaran Whelan who actually know a bit about the modern game and don't waffle on about nonsense. Spillane is a very poor analyst who thinks he can get away with a few sweeping statements backed up by a couple of random facts (he loves to quote which forwards have scored). In my opinion, the best analysts tell you what you don't already know and give you a different insight into the game that makes you interested. Most Sunday Game analysts, especially Spillane, McStay and Davis don't. There should be a radical revamp of the Sunday Game in my view as a lot of the analysts and the time give to the coverage of each game throughout the earlier rounds of the Championship is of a very poor standard.

5 Sams

Quote from: James Gatz on September 04, 2012, 10:06:26 PM
Martin Carney and Darragh Maloney should be on commentary for the final, both very good. TSG should be getting on more people like Ciaran Whelan who actually know a bit about the modern game and don't waffle on about nonsense. Spillane is a very poor analyst who thinks he can get away with a few sweeping statements backed up by a couple of random facts (he loves to quote which forwards have scored). In my opinion, the best analysts tell you what you don't already know and give you a different insight into the game that makes you interested. Most Sunday Game analysts, especially Spillane, McStay and Davis don't. There should be a radical revamp of the Sunday Game in my view as a lot of the analysts and the time give to the coverage of each game throughout the earlier rounds of the Championship is of a very poor standard.

Just replace the whole lot with Seo Spoirt...job done..SBB, Tomás ó Flatharta, Dara agus araile. Best GAA prog on the telly...youse brits can put with the subtitles ;) ;)
The Aristocrat Years

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Whatever happened to Tohill on TSG

Asal Mor

Anyone catch "Up for the match" on Saturday night? I think I'll download it for the laugh. I'm hoping it's still as bad as ever.

yellowcard

Just switched on championship matters. Who is the bird in the pink top on it?

armaghniac

QuoteWho is the bird in the pink top on it?

Camogie great, I wouldn't knock her.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: yellowcard on September 13, 2012, 08:42:36 PM
Just switched on championship matters. Who is the bird in the pink top on it?
#

Aisling Connolly. Was it not her da thatgave the famous speech afet an AI win ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Mac2

How could RTE label that 5 minute aside last night at the end of the show as a preview of the AIF? Donegal apparently get players back and Mayo have a decent midfield, that was about it and some chuckling about sheep, farcical.

RMDrive

Quote from: Mac2 on September 17, 2012, 09:25:24 PM
How could RTE label that 5 minute aside last night at the end of the show as a preview of the AIF? Donegal apparently get players back and Mayo have a decent midfield, that was about it and some chuckling about sheep, farcical.

I particularly liked the continuity between what the analyst was saying and the video clips being shown  ::). You'd swear that they threw it together in the 10 minutes before the show.

Orchardman

I know the lads that quit the game years ago get plenty of slagging for being out of touch, but i've always thought that yer man dessie dolan was a bit of a spoofer considering he's a current player, like a future tony davis almost. Just sits up with a smily head on him saying nothing of note

From the Bunker

Quote from: Orchardman on September 17, 2012, 11:24:53 PM
I know the lads that quit the game years ago get plenty of slagging for being out of touch, but i've always thought that yer man dessie dolan was a bit of a spoofer considering he's a current player, like a future tony davis almost. Just sits up with a smily head on him saying nothing of note

In fairness to Dessie, he has played for Donegal in the New York Championship. So he knew something about one of the two teams in the final.  :-X

Orchardman

aye, seen he was out in boston playing with cass and the lads.

Say it again, mcstay is hard to beat, i think people are starting to realise that now. Hope martin carney is doing the game as well

Syferus

Quote from: Orchardman on September 17, 2012, 11:58:44 PM
aye, seen he was out in boston playing with cass and the lads.

Say it again, mcstay is hard to beat, i think people are starting to realise that now. Hope martin carney is doing the game as well

Ye won't have much of that gib when he single-handedly unseats the Power Rangers in deep mid-winter.

mackers

I switched it off when Davis said that "Mayo would have to play well to beat Donegal"...................Christ on a bike, brutal stuff.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.