Young lad dies in Co. Down

Started by supersub, June 25, 2009, 12:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8118110.stm

Shocking news, makes you wonder why things like this have to happen! Poor family completely helpless, thoughts are with them.

RIP

corn02

RIP, horrible, always seems to be a case or two each summer.

Doogie Browser

full back

Fcuk sake
Read about this last night
The child seems to have been under the water for an awful long time

Thoughts go out to the family

corn02

Quote from: full back on June 25, 2009, 12:33:52 PM

The child seems to have been under the water for an awful long time

20 minutes, heartbreaking.

A young girl drowned in Dublin too yesterday.

The Watcher Pat

HeartBreaking story...Feel sorry for his family.

Actions should be taken now to make sure that this never happens there again..
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

ziggysego

Terrible end to what was a carefree summer's day. My heart goes out to that boy's family and indeed to the young girl's family in Dublin, who corn02 spoke of.
Testing Accessibility

stpauls

Same thing happened to a family that lived close to me growing up, there was a fair bit of rain, and the river behind our house flooded, and the kids were paddling in the water that had flowed up into the fields around the river. one of the lads walked a bit to far into it and misjudged were the bank was and got pulled in, and dragged down stream. a few of the neighbours were able to follow him and pull him out, but he had been too long under and ended up in a coma and eventually died. one of the guys that pulled him out had been a pioneer to that day, and has never been the same man since!!

May he rest in peace, and my thoughts are with his family!!

D4S

Just so sad, heartbreaking to think what the poor family are going through today.  May the wee lad Rest in Peace, can't stop thinking about the family all day and I don't even know them.
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on June 25, 2009, 12:42:36 PM
HeartBreaking story...Feel sorry for his family.

Actions should be taken now to make sure that this never happens there again..
What do you suggest? It's the summer, it's hot, children will play in water.

Hound

That's desperate. Thoughts with the family.

A couple of weeks back, the 3 Sisters - the Nore, Suir and Barrow, each claimed a young life in one weekend. The Shannon got somebody too the same weekend.

Looks like the message should be to keep out of rivers. Lots of hidden dangers.

corn02

Quote from: stpauls on June 25, 2009, 01:10:38 PM
Same thing happened to a family that lived close to me growing up, there was a fair bit of rain, and the river behind our house flooded, and the kids were paddling in the water that had flowed up into the fields around the river. one of the lads walked a bit to far into it and misjudged were the bank was and got pulled in, and dragged down stream. a few of the neighbours were able to follow him and pull him out, but he had been too long under and ended up in a coma and eventually died. one of the guys that pulled him out had been a pioneer to that day, and has never been the same man since!!

Was the first thing that came into my head this morning St Pauls, was driving down Bog Road the other day and over the bridge the other week and it popped into my head, that river looks incapable of such danger.

orangeman

Very, very sad. Sympathy to the family.

Doogie Browser

The power of rivers is always under-estimated a 21 year old from Sion Mills perished in the Mourne a few weeks ago whilst having a swim and he was an accomplished angler who knew the river well.

stpauls

Quote from: corn02 on June 25, 2009, 01:23:47 PM
Quote from: stpauls on June 25, 2009, 01:10:38 PM

Was the first thing that came into my head this morning St Pauls, was driving down Bog Road the other day and over the bridge the other week and it popped into my head, that river looks incapable of such danger.

do you remember that incident corn? i hate to say it, but i am glad i was sick and laid up in bed that day, as i would have been part of the group that would have been pulling that young lad out!! don't know how any of them cope with that!