Tyrone v Roscommon Say 14th July at 5pm - Football chat ONLY

Started by Fuzzman, July 14, 2018, 04:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Mighty stuff. I felt we were improving game on game and are coming into a rich vein of form. We lack a FF line like Kerry but our ability to get scores from all over the field is a sight to behold. I wasn't too worried about the amount of games we have to (potentially) get to a semi final as the depth to our squad is fantastic. Not match winners or all stars but rock solid lads that fit into the system seamlessly.

Longballin is correct, score difference is likely to be irrelevant barring a draw in Ballybofey. However, if we were to beat the Dubs next week...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Never mind syphilis, sorry Sisyphus, sorry sorry Syferus, where's Connacht's number one  irrelevant interloper seafóid?

Resurface lads, all is forgiven, 'tis only a fecking game! ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

seafoid

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 14, 2018, 11:15:38 PM
Never mind syphilis, sorry Sisyphus, sorry sorry Syferus, where's Connacht's number one  irrelevant interloper seafóid?

I have to say I wasn't expecting that.
Hard luck to Ros.
Anyway it's no good if the Dubs win 4 in a row.

DuffleKing

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: seafoid on July 14, 2018, 11:20:48 PM

I have to say I wasn't expecting that.
Hard luck to Ros.
Anyway it's no good if the Dubs win 4 in a row.

Good to hear from you man, and if you happen upon some  down at heel yellow clad buachaill plastered in "Down Tyrone" stickers give him an oul bed, would you? ;)

seafoid

The great league mist descended for how many weeks again, Fear? Just for the record like .

I would like to see Tyrone putting it up to Dublin. 

Main Street

Tyrone impressed, at their ease. They looked perky.

And good to see the Tyronies with their dander up, calling out the refuseniks.
Though I hope  Big Sean's house won't get stoned in the frenzy.

Main Street

Quote from: Orchard park on July 14, 2018, 10:24:55 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 14, 2018, 10:06:15 PM
Gough is pretty picky about enforcing the rules too isn't he?

He sure is, the peno was a joke......
After 3 replays the sky commentary team finally spotted a hand on the back,  "there's a hand on the back, a definite penalty" they chorused,  the fcking moron enabling idiots.  Where in the GAA planet is a hand on the back a  foul?  The hand has to do something, such as apply force.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: seafoid on July 14, 2018, 11:36:44 PM

The great league mist descended for how many weeks again, Fear? Just for the record like .

I would like to see Tyrone putting it up to Dublin.

Huh! Mist?

And yes, if these young buckos can't give the Dubs a right decent rattle in Healy Park we may need to, at the back of it all, focus all energies on Ballybofey two weeks henceforth. :D

RedHand88

cadhlancian

Is there a chance of the Dubs not going 100% against Tyrone next week? They've 2 points already and know that they more that likely have an easy 2 more points to come ? Donegal v Roscommon is on first. If it finished in a draw or Roscommon win then Dublin would only have to beat Roscommon in CP the following week to go through . Just a thought....

weareros

Just back from Dublin now.
Well that was another almighty humiliation in Croke Park.
Credit to Tyrone. Critics focus on their defensive play but they are excellent footballers. So credit where credit is due.  They hardly kicked a wide all day. Quick glance at posts and it was over the bar. Super fit, fast and lots of physical power. They gave us a severe lesson - every mistake we made and we made plenty was punished with a score.Dublin will do well to come out of Omagh with a win. They might need to hammer us in their last game to qualify.
Croke Park felt empty for the 5pm throw-in. Very little atmosphere. You'd wonder is there any point having these games in HQ. I think next weekend will be more exciting and despite looking well off the standard, hoping we can salvage some pride in Dr. Hyde.

BennyHarp

Quote from: cadhlancian on July 15, 2018, 12:43:11 AM
Is there a chance of the Dubs not going 100% against Tyrone next week? They've 2 points already and know that they more that likely have an easy 2 more points to come ? Donegal v Roscommon is on first. If it finished in a draw or Roscommon win then Dublin would only have to beat Roscommon in CP the following week to go through . Just a thought....

If anything the Dubs will be extra motivated to win next weekend I think. They've conquered everything in the game apart from that "ah sure you play all your games at home" jibe! I'd say they will be flat out to send a message next weekend that they can beat anyone, anywhere. Tyrone's big win today just makes it a bigger box to tick.
That was never a square ball!!

Rossfan

Quote from: Orchard park on July 14, 2018, 10:24:55 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 14, 2018, 10:06:15 PM
Gough is pretty picky about enforcing the rules too isn't he?

He sure is, the peno was a joke......

Best team by far won but the inability of the Rosvommon line to identify Sludden and Harte as needing detailed marking begars belief.

I don't think either mayo man hsve a f**king clue and our appalling lack of fitness  is criminal
+100.
Not the cool clean hero's  finest hour.
Ya'd expect lads to be fit enough for this time of year.
Time to bite bullets.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rossfan

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 14, 2018, 09:56:11 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 14, 2018, 09:08:10 PM
It does but  the hope is gone.
I will never see Ros in an All Ireland Senior final.
The "little" Counties can't compete any more.
Quicker the second tier comes in so that we might win a game at Croker the better.
Playing div 2 football winning games against weaker teams was no use to Roscommon playing in a second tier would be the same. .

We were in D1 in 2016 and we weren't fit for 2 big games in successive weeks.
We were in D1 in 2017 and we weren't fit for 2 big games in successive weeks.
We aren't fit for 2 big games in successive weeks in 2018  not because we were in D2 but because our players are obviously physically unfit and unconditioned to do so.
FOR THE THIRD YEAR IN SUCCESSION.
That's criminal.

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM