Tyrone v Roscommon Say 14th July at 5pm - Football chat ONLY

Started by Fuzzman, July 14, 2018, 04:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Quote from: clarshack on July 14, 2018, 09:18:24 PM
After the Meath game I thought Tyrone were brutal and going nowhere. There's been serious improvement since then and fair play to all involved. I don't think we'll beat Dublin next week but it will be a very competitive game which could be a big factor in the overall score difference.

If Tyrone lose to Dublin and Donegal beat Roscommon which they should it will come down to last game Tyrone V Donegal for second place to get to semi final. So unless that's a draw will not come down to point difference. Is how I read it anyway. 

RedHand88

Quote from: Throw ball on July 14, 2018, 08:15:37 PM
Quote from: laceer on July 14, 2018, 08:03:52 PM
Impressive from Tyrone, dire from Roscommon.

Dublin leave one man up front,similar to Tyrone. The difference is the speed at which they attack. A few times today I found myself shouting at Tyrone to go forward when they were playing it across the 50 and back. There's being patient and there's slowing it down too much.

Looking forward to Omagh next week.

The Tyrone ones won't believe me but watching Dublin tonight Tyrone have a chance next week if they do that.

I believe you. Donegal just didn't push up on them at the end :-X

Jayop

Delighted with that result. Gough tried to make a game of it with a few bonkers decisions but thankfully it didn't matter much. Super performances all over the field but a little worrying how when Colm is off the pitch we are so vulnerable. That's a big issue and hopefully he'll be fine for the Dublin game. McCarron looks to be in hospital now looking at a photo there on twitter. Bradley looked very sharp when he came on too.

Sludden is now our best player and he's a joy to watch.

ONeill

Quote from: Rossfan on July 14, 2018, 09:08:10 PM
It does but  the hope is gone.
I will never see Ros in an All Ireland Senior final.
The "little" Counties can't compete any more.
Quicker the second tier comes in so that we might win a game at Croker the better.

Why can't Roscommon beat Tyrone? Get your house in order.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

sid waddell

Roscommon are one of those teams who think they are as fit as the top teams, but aren't near it.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rossfan on July 14, 2018, 09:08:10 PM
It does but  the hope is gone.
I will never see Ros in an All Ireland Senior final.
The "little" Counties can't compete any more.
Quicker the second tier comes in so that we might win a game at Croker the better.
Playing div 2 football winning games against weaker teams was no use to Roscommon playing in a second tier would be the same. I don't know how many times Roscommon have to ship huge scores in games before McStay and his management scrap this dreamland offensive football and start bringing in some sort of system and structure to their defence.

Well done to Tyrone a well drilled side who had the game won by half time. They beat Armagh by the same margin last year so the key for them now is to be more competitive v Dublin and if Donegal can get within 5 points of them today without their best forward then Tyrone in theory should really put it up to Dublin in Omagh.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: sid waddell on July 14, 2018, 09:51:03 PM
Roscommon are one of those teams who think they are as fit as the top teams, but aren't near it.

It has been exposed a few times now and is the reason there is a gap. The Armagh game may have taken a lot out of them too.
They still have some lovely forwards though.

Laoiseabu

Jesus Roscommon are as open as the Sahara . Looked well below standard today

RedHand88

Gough is pretty picky about enforcing the rules too isn't he?

red hander

Jayop

Orchard park

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 14, 2018, 10:06:15 PM
Gough is pretty picky about enforcing the rules too isn't he?

He sure is, the peno was a joke......

Best team by far won but the inability of the Rosvommon line to identify Sludden and Harte as needing detailed marking begars belief.

I don't think either mayo man hsve a f**king clue and our appalling lack of fitness  is criminal

Laoiseabu

highorlow

Wrong match
I don't think either mayo man hsve a f**king clue and our appalling lack of fitness  is criminal
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go