Ros v Shligo 12th June 2016.

Started by Rossfan, May 24, 2016, 08:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Could we please discuss the match in question not feckin Rhabarbia or bloody Cavan.
Thanks.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on May 24, 2016, 06:32:44 PM
Could we please discuss the match in question not feckin Rhabarbia or bloody Cavan.
Thanks.

No

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on May 24, 2016, 06:32:44 PM
Thanks.

I was, but Syphillis cannot help himself.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

It is one of the more interesting games in this Championship, both teams have improved somewhat since last year. The winning of the game for Sligo last year was the failure of Roscommon to push up on the Sligo kick outs which were excellent that day. That was madness considering Sligo had no midfield outlet. This year you would not expect the same mistake but Sligo now have a long option in McIntyre who has looked like a top class midfielder, the second best I've seen all year in division 3 after Gary Brennan.
Sligo are also very mobile which might not suit Roscommon. Where Sligo are weak though is their wastefulness which means that they would need to dominate to win where Roscommon have a far more potent and accurate attack.

It should be a fascinating contest that Roscommon probably should win but Sligo are a big price at 7/2 and are sure to be backing themselves to win like last year.

Syferus

Huh? Why would mobile teams not suit us? We've a very undersized team. Mobility is not a problem at all.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Syferus on May 24, 2016, 09:34:18 PM
Huh? Why would mobile teams not suit us? We've a very undersized team. Mobility is not a problem at all.

Because your side are slow as cows stuck in mud.

Rossfan

Stick to Ulster muck. Ya obviously never saw oul' Seànie Mac and as usual don't know what you're talking about

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Rossfan on May 24, 2016, 09:47:46 PM
Stick to Ulster muck. Ya obviously never saw oul' Seànie Mac and as usual don't know what you're talking about

I've seen Roscommon a lot on TV over the past 2 years and whenever anyone ups the tempo against them and plays at a high intensity - they simply cannot cope. That's why ye seem to do reasonably well in the league with the soft slow pitches but as soon as the ground hardens up it suits the teams with the runners and the speed and who can play the game at a high tempo, your championship failure backs that up.

As much as you may like to think you are, Roscommon are not a serious team.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Basing it on the Kerry game a couple of your defenders struggled to get close to the Kerry forwards at all, which can happen easily enough. Both Donal and Cathal Shine struggled big time around the middle too. There is very good pace in your forward line and Mullooly looked quick at half back. I didn't think ye were undersized though, a couple of younger players could do with another year of S & C but you'd probably know better.
Sligo won't move the ball as quick as Kerry but out of all the division 3 team I seen this year they impressed me the most with their running game. If they weren't as wasteful in front of goals they'd be a rather good team. I'm still expecting a contest.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 24, 2016, 10:04:57 PM

I've seen Roscommon a lot on TV over the past 2 years and whenever anyone ups the tempo against them and plays at a high intensity - they simply cannot cope. That's why ye seem to do reasonably well in the league with the soft slow pitches but as soon as the ground hardens up it suits the teams with the runners and the speed and who can play the game at a high tempo, your championship failure backs that up.

right
coming from a Tyrone man, who have three senior all irelands. one more than Roscommon

sure ye never even did the two in a row!

you are probably right.
It doesn't help when the likes of Tyrone and Dublin have multiple modern sand based pitches to train and play on all winter and through the summer.

Roscommon don't even have a pitch at their main ground to use as its not fit to put sheep on and the centre of excellence is still a green field.
Having proper facilities to use has a huge bearing on a teams preparation

Syferus

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on May 24, 2016, 10:31:01 PM
Basing it on the Kerry game a couple of your defenders struggled to get close to the Kerry forwards at all, which can happen easily enough. Both Donal and Cathal Shine struggled big time around the middle too. There is very good pace in your forward line and Mullooly looked quick at half back. I didn't think ye were undersized though, a couple of younger players could do with another year of S & C but you'd probably know better.
Sligo won't move the ball as quick as Kerry but out of all the division 3 team I seen this year they impressed me the most with their running game. If they weren't as wasteful in front of goals they'd be a rather good team. I'm still expecting a contest.

Collins and Seanie galloping up the field wasn't a problem with mobility at all, but defensive discipline. No one could accuse them of being slow players. Our lack of defensive cop on has rarely had much to do with mobility.

The two Shines were barely a wet day back from injury the day you mentioned. Both were far sharper on Sunday.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 24, 2016, 10:36:28 PM

right
coming from a Tyrone man, who have three senior all irelands. one more than Roscommon

sure ye never even did the two in a row!

you are probably right.
It doesn't help when the likes of Tyrone and Dublin have multiple modern sand based pitches to train and play on all winter and through the summer.

Roscommon don't even have a pitch at their main ground to use as its not fit to put sheep on and the centre of excellence is still a green field.
Having proper facilities to use has a huge bearing on a teams preparation

Well boo hoo.

No training facilities but you can afford a big f**k off bus and squandering 700k on your team a year.

The last time Roscommon won an All Ireland, Tyrone didn't even have an Ulster title to their name, never mind an All Ireland - that's the problem with living in the past. I've actually been there and seen that when the big trophies have come Tyrone's way, you've just read the history books and heard the old men in the pub recalling the "great old days".

giveballaghback

ya have the chest out again there desperate dan or whatever you call yourself, f off back to the puke football thread and mind your own house.

Cunny Funt

Your repetitive bickering at little old Roscommon will mean you won't be taken as a serious poster on here.

Rossfan

Tymoan's 3 AIs are now exactly where Ros' 2 are - in the past.
Our Bus is in effect free and an awful lot of the money spent on county teams goes on hiring facilities and club pitches to train on, plus being a rural County most of our lads are based in Dublin/Galway etc and have bigger travelling expense claims than most.
What has Ros done to the Diesro buck anyway - he seems totally obsessed with bad mouthing us.