Ros v Shligo 12th June 2016.

Started by Rossfan, May 24, 2016, 08:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Rossfan on May 24, 2016, 11:20:16 PM
Tymoan's 3 AIs are now exactly where Ros' 2 are - in the past.
Our Bus is in effect free and an awful lot of the money spent on county teams goes on hiring facilities and club pitches to train on, plus being a rural County most of our lads are based in Dublin/Galway etc and have bigger travelling expense claims than most.
What has Ros done to the Diesro buck anyway - he seems totally obsessed with bad mouthing us.

What have Ros done to me?

Misplaced arrogance, sour grapes in defeat, delusion, social climbing, inability to come down off your high horses, double standards.

Take your pick, you bunch are out on your own here when it comes to those matters.

Rossfan

Get a life you silly child.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ck

Ah lads can we all not just get along  ;D
Sligo and Ross people are peas in a pod but the pod twill be well smashed next month.

Rossfan

Things starting to go belly up on us :(
The J1 trail has apparently begun......

Syferus

It's over. Best start preparing for February.

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on May 28, 2016, 06:37:58 PM
It's over. Best start preparing for February.
being a Rossie must be an emotional roller coaster
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

It's awful carry on if true- fair enough if bucks said at the end of the NFL "I want to head to the US for the Summer so leave me off the Championship panel".
But 2 weeks out from the Connacht Semi final!!!! Sticking 2 fingers to management and team mates.
Doesn't say much for interest, commitment or ambition.
If true but reliable enough source... :(

Rudi

Quote from: Rossfan on May 28, 2016, 09:54:08 PM
It's awful carry on if true- fair enough if bucks said at the end of the NFL "I want to head to the US for the Summer so leave me off the Championship panel".
But 2 weeks out from the Connacht Semi final!!!! Sticking 2 fingers to management and team mates.

No problem with the way Conor Daly did it. But these guys 2 weeks before a big championship game.Regardless of talent should not be allowed back on panel next year. You can't build cohesive team unity with lads heading off to the states on a whim.

Syferus

Quote from: Rudi on May 28, 2016, 10:08:06 PM

No problem with the way Conor Daly did it. But these guys 2 weeks before a big championship game.Regardless of talent should not be allowed back on panel next year. You can't build cohesive team unity with lads heading off to the states on a whim.

An error of judgement after eight months of training away for the betterment of one's county isn't worth exiling players. That's one out of the Evans playbook that had the likes of Dev sitting on his Arse for two seasons. If the reaction locally is anything like it is in the snugs in the county the players will be well aware of where they went wrong anyways.

Rossfan

Correct Rudi.
McGuinness dumped Cassidy and Horan dumped Mortimer.I suspect these bucks may be left cooling theirheels for 2017.
It's very disappointing and is a real F off to manager, coaches, team mates, club Rossie, ordinary supporters who spent a load of money going to Killarney, Cork Donegal Dublin and paying club Rossie membership.
We thought we were all in it together......

Cunny Funt

In my experience players leaving on a J1 visa for the summer is normally planned weeks or months in advance. I think the unrest these players have left with news of their departure probably contributed to the scare in New York.

Now Roscommon will be left with some unwanted national media attention before the Sligo game when surely the whole situation could have been dealt with better.

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 28, 2016, 10:24:54 PM

In my experience players leaving on a J1 visa for the summer is normally planned weeks or months in advance. I think the unrest these players have left with news of their departure probably contributed to the scare in New York.

Now Roscommon will be left with some unwanted national media attention before the Sligo game when surely the whole situation could have been dealt with better.

What? If management knew they were leaving they wouldn't have been on the panel for the NY game so whatever way you cut it you're wrong on that one.

Media don't give a fùck either way.

Quote from: Rossfan on May 28, 2016, 10:23:52 PM
Correct Rudi.
McGuinness dumped Cassidy and Horan dumped Mortimer.I suspect these bucks may be left cooling theirheels for 2017.
It's very disappointing and is a real F off to manager, coaches, team mates, club Rossie, ordinary supporters who spent a load of money going to Killarney, Cork Donegal Dublin and paying club Rossie membership.
We thought we were all in it together......

Easy for the lad on a forum to say. How many months training have those lads put in this year alone?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Syferus on May 28, 2016, 10:37:20 PM

What? If management knew they were leaving they wouldn't have been on the panel for the NY game so whatever way you cut it you're wrong on that one.

You aren't that naive surely.

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 28, 2016, 10:53:05 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 28, 2016, 10:37:20 PM

You aren't that naive surely.

It will barely generate a box-out or a two line mention in any national media, nor has any of the local papers ever showed an iota of interest in muckraking these topics. So you either don't know how it works or I really dunno.

Lar Naparka

Anyone care to tell me what's going on? Which players have decided to go to the States?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi