2013 Féile Peil na nÓg Doire - All-Ireland Under 14 Championships

Started by screenexile, June 27, 2013, 10:45:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Can't believe there's not a thread for this! Anyway we're hosting 2 Clubs and the boys division 1 Semi Finals this weekend. It's going to be clean mental around the place. What teams would be shaping up as favourites for this one?

Usually the Dubs send up a team that has 6 physios, a strength & conditioning coach and 2 sports psychologists that all stay in the hotel with them... what way are Ballyboden fixed for this then?

lenny

Quote from: screenexile on June 27, 2013, 10:45:53 AM
Can't believe there's not a thread for this! Anyway we're hosting 2 Clubs and the boys division 1 Semi Finals this weekend. It's going to be clean mental around the place. What teams would be shaping up as favourites for this one?

Usually the Dubs send up a team that has 6 physios, a strength & conditioning coach and 2 sports psychologists that all stay in the hotel with them... what way are Ballyboden fixed for this then?

Think bellaghy are raging hot favourites. The Cork and Dublin teams would be up there also. Seriously though the Dublin teams have been well nigh unbeatable in the last few years. Looking forward to the whole thing though and am gonna try to get to the games on Saturday.

screenexile

Quote from: lenny on June 27, 2013, 11:11:05 AM

Think bellaghy are raging hot favourites. The Cork and Dublin teams would be up there also. Seriously though the Dublin teams have been well nigh unbeatable in the last few years. Looking forward to the whole thing though and am gonna try to get to the games on Saturday.

Seriously??!! There was barely a kick of a ball in it in the Feile Final between us and them!!

trasna man

Quote from: screenexile on June 27, 2013, 12:01:02 PM
Quote from: lenny on June 27, 2013, 11:11:05 AM

Seriously??!! There was barely a kick of a ball in it in the Feile Final between us and them!!
A good final it was too, heard any of teams are good enough to win, but theFriday games will be the most important a bad start and your weekend will be over before it starts.

sligoman2

Im heading over tonight, my daughter is on the ny team.
Div 3, hosted by steelstown.
We have a decent team.
Anyone know the address of steelstown gaa pitch? Heading straight there from the airport.  Will catch the sligo game too
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

trasna man

Quote from: sligoman2 on June 27, 2013, 04:29:13 PM
Im heading over tonight, my daughter is on the ny team.
Div 3, hosted by steelstown.
We have a decent team.
Anyone know the address of steelstown gaa pitch? Heading straight there from the airport.  Will catch the sligo game too
Their website is www.steelstown.ie, you will have two of the best referees for the Ladies games, i have been told ;)

sligoman2

Thanks - good to hear about the refs.
I checked the website it doesnt have the address for some reason

theticklemister

Quote from: sligoman2 on June 27, 2013, 05:43:40 PM
Thanks - good to hear about the refs.
I checked the website it doesnt have the address for some reason

It is in the ballyarnet/shantallow area lad of the city.From the airport head to the foyle bridge, go over the foyle bridge ye will come to a roundabout. Go straight through the roundabout up the madams bank road. Youll come to set of traffic lights go through them (when green) and youll come to another rohndabout and take your third exit. You will see the pitch on the right hand side. Have a good time and tell everyone the ticklemister was asking for them.

sligoman2

Zulu

First off best of luck to all involved. It's a great competition and it's a pity it isn't televised anymore, I wonder will there be youtube clips of the games uploaded? The Ulster feiles are often the best run so it should be a great weekend for all involved. We'll have our first ever team in feile 2015 hopefully!

Zulu

Any other updates? The Derry feile website isn't the most user friendly and doesn't look like it's going to be keeping us updated.

AZOffaly

No twitter updates either, disappointingly. Clonmel Commercials are up there in Division 3. How are the divisions worked out? I only ask because the Limerick champions are in Div 2... Was it in Laois last year? I remember the updates from there were excellent. Unusual for an Ulster county, they are usually on the ball with this sort of stuff.

drici

Quote from: hardstation on June 28, 2013, 01:55:48 PM

We're beating our host club Glenties 5-04 to 0-00 at HT.

AZOffaly

@DoireGAA (Why not DoireCLG if they are going as gaeilge?) seems to be updating on Twitter...

FEILE RESULTS: DIV 4A BOYS: South London 6-7 Limavady 2-1 DIV 4C BOYS: Ardee 3-16 Faughanvale 0-2 #Feile2013

southdown

Lancashire 2.07 to 0.00 up at half time to one of the derry sides