Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourne Red

Quote from: Lotto on September 21, 2019, 08:52:19 PM
Quote from: Maurice Moss on September 21, 2019, 07:48:54 PM
Very good coverage from Patsy and co this evening.

Been a fairly open game so far. Good luck to our men in the 2nd half, big effort required. #UTM

Who were those two imbeciles trying to commentate on the game tonight. They were more interested in thanking their cousins or whoever rather than concentrating on the job they were asked to do, that was wild hard to listen to.  Then the thing crashes at the penalty and when it comes back, Kilcoo have scored two goals. What was that all about? The stream was decent but why not sync with the game rather than being so far behind.

Same old Burren - grow a set of balls when the going gets tight. Like the drawn game, your big players went missing when they should have stood up. Serious investment, again, for little return. Big names often come with big reputations and big expenses but not always big results.

Didn't crash for me so I'd say it's more to do with your internet connection and the amount of devices connected to it. Stream was great and they are volunteers for this and it was free so stop complaining.

Laverty the difference tonight for Kilcoo, East Down clean sweep is on.

KeyboardWarrior645

Brannigan referee kilcoo again? Surely your joking. Did he not ref them in a semi final bs the bridge a few years back and only awarded them 1 free in the second half which was a 45. Also I thought he was cousins with the chocs?

Refereeing in the county has gone down a notch this year compared to last year

MK

Quote from: stiffler on September 21, 2019, 08:54:54 PM
Was a serious number of balls kicked onto the field the last 5 minutes.

Burren's blatant timewasting from start of second half came back to haunt them so they can have no complaints regarding Kilcoo's antics.

Fine margins decide these games-Mc kernan's clumsy tackle leading to the penalty(which was excellently taken by PD)and the failure to re-act to the rebound off the post leading to the goal ultimately made the difference.Kilcoo should be concerned with the number of wides they had in the first half especially otherwise megabucks micky should be confident of reclaiming Frank.
Also the commotion behind the stand apparently involved a row between teenagers..but the man formerly known to wear a hat  soon got it sorted....it's a pity he could'nt sort the tannoy issues 

befair

Quote from: MK on September 21, 2019, 11:12:50 PM
Quote from: stiffler on September 21, 2019, 08:54:54 PM
Was a serious number of balls kicked onto the field the last 5 minutes.

Burren's blatant timewasting from start of second half came back to haunt them so they can have no complaints regarding Kilcoo's antics.

Fine margins decide these games-Mc kernan's clumsy tackle leading to the penalty(which was excellently taken by PD)and the failure to re-act to the rebound off the post leading to the goal ultimately made the difference.Kilcoo should be concerned with the number of wides they had in the first half especially otherwise megabucks micky should be confident of reclaiming Frank.
Also the commotion behind the stand apparently involved a row between teenagers..but the man formerly known to wear a hat  soon got it sorted....it's a pity he could'nt sort the tannoy issues

Yes, should have given credit to Paul Devlin; having missed a few frees earlier, he put one over fromm 50 yds to get the deficit back to 3 pts, then nervelessly slammed home the penalty. Like Laverty, big players for big occasions.

supersub

Quote from: Lotto on September 21, 2019, 08:52:19 PM
Quote from: Maurice Moss on September 21, 2019, 07:48:54 PM
Very good coverage from Patsy and co this evening.

Been a fairly open game so far. Good luck to our men in the 2nd half, big effort required. #UTM

Who were those two imbeciles trying to commentate on the game tonight. They were more interested in thanking their cousins or whoever rather than concentrating on the job they were asked to do, that was wild hard to listen to.  Then the thing crashes at the penalty and when it comes back, Kilcoo have scored two goals. What was that all about? The stream was decent but why not sync with the game rather than being so far behind.

Same old Burren - grow a set of balls when the going gets tight. Like the drawn game, your big players went missing when they should have stood up. Serious investment, again, for little return. Big names often come with big reputations and big expenses but not always big results.

Imbeciles? Are you serious? Catch a grip of yourself what an utterly disgraceful comment, and fix your broadband while you're at it as there was f**k all wrong with the stream. Start to finish with no interruptions.

champion1981

Yewtree 🙈,aidy  sharvin, I was wrong  tonight, u did good ,I've no great love for kilcoo, but by God the cream always 2 the  top !!!!!

yewtree

Watched the stream over in London we're over the big game v Chelsea .. and went for meal so on late.Can't believe Kilcoo stole it but anyway we're still there and nothing to fear .Yellas v Point what a final ?We just need to stop  Seamy Loughran and big pitch doesn't suit Harps. Yellas have the mental angle on Kilcoo .Hope no one needs to resort to law to sort things out in this one, amazing Kilcoo !Predict Yellas and Point.
Funny on a different note earlier today I saw 2 little kids arguing and I thought A bit like school and the tell tale tit or squealer. I suppose things change over the years.
Set up for a big one Yellas v Point pencil it in your diaries.
East Down go play for the Junior 3rds title

Mourne Red

Quote from: yewtree on September 22, 2019, 03:21:57 AM
Watched the stream over in London we're over the big game v Chelsea .. and went for meal so on late.Can't believe Kilcoo stole it but anyway we're still there and nothing to fear .Yellas v Point what a final ?We just need to stop  Seamy Loughran and big pitch doesn't suit Harps. Yellas have the mental angle on Kilcoo .Hope no one needs to resort to law to sort things out in this one, amazing Kilcoo !Predict Yellas and Point.
Funny on a different note earlier today I saw 2 little kids arguing and I thought A bit like school and the tell tale tit or squealer. I suppose things change over the years.

Disrespect to clubs at junior level is disgusting.. Hopefully you get a box at the Clonduff Kilcoo Royal Rumble next week, knock some sense into you

Cuan12

Yew tree I think your going to eat a large slice of humble pie when all your pathetic comments regarding east down clubs comes back to haunt you, Warrenpoint have an average team and may get past Ballyholland but that's it, Kilcoo for me,

Last Caress

Stay over there and enjoy your beloved soccer. You'll be welcomed with open arms.

snoopdog

Quote from: Last Caress on September 22, 2019, 10:15:27 AM
Stay over there and enjoy your beloved soccer. You'll be welcomed with open arms.
Yew tree the ultimate bandwagonner.   Embarrasing statements on junior and intermediate clubs. I'd say he is 12.

sdg

Someone please tell that clown cuan 12. That that even bigger clown yew tree is a burren man.

PTC

Quote from: sdg on September 22, 2019, 10:46:37 AM
Someone please tell that clown cuan 12. That that even bigger clown yew tree is a burren man.
i would say he was out drowning his sorrows last night

BarryBreensBandage

Next Saturday, Glenn have u16 girls championship semi final at 12.30pm, u14 boys final at 1.30pm and intermediate semi final at 3.30pm.
1. Is there any thought put into scheduling these matches?
Goodness knows, we don't make many finals, all of a sudden three in the one afternoon!
2. Why is senior football, especially an intermediate semi final, scheduled for a time when a lot of people are working. When did championship football on a Saturday afternoon start?
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Hedgehunter

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on September 22, 2019, 11:10:51 AM
Next Saturday, Glenn have u16 girls championship semi final at 12.30pm, u14 boys final at 1.30pm and intermediate semi final at 3.30pm.
1. Is there any thought put into scheduling these matches?
Goodness knows, we don't make many finals, all of a sudden two in the one afternoon!
2. Why is senior football, especially an intermediate semi final, scheduled for a time when a lot of people are working. When did championship football on a Saturday afternoon start?

I don't think they sold enuff season passes.. so looking all the intermediate attendees to then go and pay into Newry..