Started by Jinxy, October 26, 2014, 07:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

If it was an open vote, Joe Brolly would be a president we'd all vote for
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

muppet

Quote from: theskull1 on November 03, 2014, 09:39:07 AM

God be with Comrade Stalin, but even he could only manage 99.4% of the vote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_Union_legislative_election,_1937
MWWSI 2017

theskull1

Quote from: muppet on November 03, 2014, 09:56:25 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on November 03, 2014, 09:39:07 AM

God be with Comrade Stalin, but even he could only manage 99.4% of the vote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_Union_legislative_election,_1937

OK OK ... 99.4% then

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Hardy

Good stuff by Joe. That nail has no head left, he's battered it so completely.

johnneycool

Quote from: Hardy on November 03, 2014, 11:35:58 AM

The GPA have lost this particular battle with the RTÉ pundits with Joe riding in to save Colm.

Can't see any texts or emails sent out to deride Joe or he'll ate them alive on the old social media, can't be asking too many hard questions off the GPA hierarchy.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: johnneycool on November 03, 2014, 11:40:21 AM

The GPA have lost this particular battle with the RTÉ pundits with Joe riding in to save Colm.

Can't see any texts or emails sent out to deride Joe or he'll ate them alive on the old social media, can't be asking too many hard questions off the GPA hierarchy.
not that colm needed saving !
was a bit bad of those gpa eejits all ganging up on him!

Joe obv wants the gpa to try and take him on - but even they are not stupid enough to attempt this futile mission!

all the protagonists seem to be right corner forwards
ORourke, Brolly, Dessie Farrell ....

that position must be the preserve of the narky know it all!
( I played CHF or FF btw)

muppet

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 03, 2014, 01:57:51 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on November 03, 2014, 11:40:21 AM

not that colm needed saving !
was a bit bad of those gpa eejits all ganging up on him!

Joe obv wants the gpa to try and take him on - but even they are not stupid enough to attempt this futile mission!

all the protagonists seem to be right corner forwards
ORourke, Brolly, Dessie Farrell ....

that position must be the preserve of the narky know it all!
( I played CHF or FF btw)

Pundits gang up on GPA in outrage over GPA ganging up on pundit!

What we obviously now need is more non-playing egos trying to outdo each other.
MWWSI 2017

Dinny Breen

While an interesting article I find it ironic that he has a go at the GPA for commercial opportunities, how much has the same Joe Brolly made from his association with the GAA?
#newbridgeornowhere

mrdeeds

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 03, 2014, 03:17:10 PM
While an interesting article I find it ironic that he has a go at the GPA for commercial opportunities, how much has the same Joe Brolly made from his association with the GAA?

Nothing. Gives his RTE and other media fees to charity.

orangeman

Not much if anything. I don't think that accusation can stick.

I've never known him to take a fee.

I'd vote for him too.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: mrdeeds on November 03, 2014, 03:19:41 PM

Does he really? That would be impressive!
#newbridgeornowhere

screenexile

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 03, 2014, 03:22:37 PM

Yeah he doesn't take fees for any Club appearances or anything like that.

In fairness he's a barrister so the fee he gets from RTE is probably not a huge deal to him.

Whatever about his comments on TV I think he is a genuinely decent altruistic person who's just a bit of a cocky bastard.

mrdeeds

He was at an event in Cavan and asked about RTE censoring him for controversial comments seen as they are paying him. His reply was he couldn't give a feck and he gives the money away anyway.

In other words he takes the amateur ethos very seriously but he's not stuck for a few pound anyway.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: screenexile on November 03, 2014, 03:27:50 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 03, 2014, 03:22:37 PM

Yeah he doesn't take fees for any Club appearances or anything like that.

In fairness he's a barrister so the fee he gets from RTE is probably not a huge deal to him.

Whatever about his comments on TV I think he is a genuinely decent altruistic person who's just a bit of a cocky b**tard.

So he does make money from RTE, his public personae certainly doesn't detract from his law business either I would imagine.

Yes his altruism is to be admired but it always seems to be about him. If I wasn't already a registered organ donor and a current platelet donor he would actually put me off registering. Any donation to me is a very personal choice and should be motivated intrinsically.

#newbridgeornowhere

johnneycool

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 03, 2014, 03:41:37 PM

Yes his altruism is to be admired but it always seems to be about him. If I wasn't already a registered organ donor and a current platelet donor he would actually put me off registering. Any donation to me is a very personal choice and should be motivated intrinsically.

True, but as we're a nation of lazy, do it the next dayers, the opt out scheme makes more sense as most people if asked would be all on for organ donation just too darn lazy to register as a donor.
The opt out option if you make a conscious decision to keep your organs you're more inclined to do something about it.

Yeah he's a wee bollox for some of the things he says on the sunday game, but he's entirely right on this.