NFL Division 1 - 2020

Started by thejuice, January 07, 2020, 12:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onthe40

Tyrone looking sharp up front but that Mayo team are awful at the moment

imtommygunn

Tyrone look good here. Moving the ball really well in the forwards. Better shape about them than I have seen in a while.

Farrandeelin

Terrible first half. Goes to show that the Galway game wasn't a true reflection on either teams. Tyrone well worth their 8 point lead.  :(
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

trileacman

Mayo MF is not the problem. Their movement is excellent. It's Clarke's kickouts. Kerry destroyed him in Castlebar last year and once again under a lot less pressure by Tyrone he's having a meltdown. If you'd a keeper like Morgan you'd at the very least be 4-5 points to the better. Surely there's a keeper in Mayo who can take an accurate kickout and is semi-competent at shot-stopping?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

greatpoint

What Mayo definitely need to do is persevere with Aidan O'Shea at FF, remember those goals he scored against Sligo five years ago?

trileacman

Quote from: trileacman on October 25, 2020, 12:26:17 PM
That's a joke of team. Fucks sake Mickey. Mc Gearty one of worst performers and gets rewarded with a start today.

McGeary playing reasonably well bar his odd stupid fouls. To be fair to Harte he has picked a really well balanced team and has learned handsomely from the Donegal game.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

square_ball

Quote from: trileacman on October 25, 2020, 02:48:29 PM
That's a joke of team. Fucks sake Mickey. Mc Gearty one of worst performers and gets rewarded with a start today.

McGeary playing reasonably well bar his odd stupid fouls. To be fair to Harte he has picked a really well balanced team and has learned handsomely from the Donegal game.

He gives away a serious amount of frees. He's very clumsy in his tackling.

Canavan excellent so far. Has won all of or the majority of ball played into him. 

An Fhairche Abu

Will be a long half for Galway here I think, that is a gale there in Salthill and 9 points is nowhere near enough of a score with it, they are not playing well again this week, too many lads out of form. Conroy playing unreal but there's not much else with him out there.
That foul by James McCarthy on Ian Burke just before ht was some of the sneakiest dirt you'll ever see on a pitch.

Cunny Funt

Mayo left to rue not taking any of the goal chances they created. Canavan,McKenna,Harte too hot to handle in that 1st half.

Angelo

Quote from: trileacman on October 25, 2020, 02:48:29 PM

To be fair the ref got absolutely fleeced by Coen for one when he grabbed McGearys arm, fell over and pulled McGeary on top of him.

Just a lot better defensive shape to us today but I think Donegal have our number and with guys like McShane, Hapmsey and Brennan missing next week I'd be very pessimistic.

Very disappointed to see Michael O'Neill go off with a bad rib/chest injury, hope it's not a punctured lung. He had a brilliant start to the game and from his limited action in a Tyrone jersey so far I think he would have played himself into a starter for Championship.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GaillimhIarthair

A lot of Galway mistakes leading to easy Dub scores.  McCarthy taken off before he got sent off!!  I'm struggling with some of McGoldricks reffing, missing a lot of stuff off the ball. Hopefully we dig in for the last 20 and show a bit fight.  Neither of Galway's MF are up to this level.

An Fhairche Abu

Much better effort this week from Galway but too many lads not good enough for the very top level, that's just the way of it.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: hardstation on October 25, 2020, 03:22:55 PM
If Tyrone don't win this game....
Have been poor in this 2nd half, can be thankful for a goalkeeper error.

screenexile

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 25, 2020, 03:28:02 PM
Quote from: hardstation on October 25, 2020, 03:22:55 PM
If Tyrone don't win this game....
Have been poor in this 2nd half, can be thankful for a goalkeeper error.

Referee being ver kind to them as well!! Should have been 2 or 3 easy Mayo frees given there!!

Angelo

Tyrone conspiring to throw this away with a helping hand from the referee.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL