No
37 (20.7%)
Not sure
16 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 179

Voting closed: July 31, 2018, 12:59:52 PM

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Jinxy on July 28, 2018, 04:00:04 PM
Well, what he said today was that the organising committee kindly offered to make a donation to some GAA related cause and the GAA politely declined.
and thats fine.

But thats not what his press office said yesterday

Jinxy

Do you have a link to the press release?
I've only seen the official joint-statement which makes no reference to any donation to a GAA fund.
I did see that the management committee recommended that a donation be made to an injure players fund, but if it's just a recommendation then presumably it's not a requirement.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

trailer

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 28, 2018, 03:46:00 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 28, 2018, 03:43:42 PM
John Horan said on RTE radio a minute ago that no money from the event will be going to any GAA causes such as an injured players fund.
More or less said, "We're well able to take care of our own players".
Also said the broader issue of using facilities for 'non-GAA' purposes will be on the clar for congress.
And it continues. Contradicting yesterdays press release. What is going on in Croker?

You're just making stuff up at this stage.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Jinxy on July 28, 2018, 04:05:35 PM
Do you have a link to the press release?
I've only seen the official joint-statement which makes no reference to any donation to a GAA fund.
I did see that the management committee recommended that a donation be made to an injure players fund, but if it's just a recommendation then presumably it's not a requirement.
You are correct. The media are reoprting that, but no official line anwhere. My own fault for not looking for a direct source behind tbe headlines.

trailer

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 28, 2018, 03:59:25 PM
I have to say congratulations are in order for keyser soze and trailer - on a thread with both Syferus and MR2 posting - you both have been proven to be bigger arseholes than the both of them. Some going - well done.

Thank you for your well thought out and deep contribution.

Keyser soze

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 28, 2018, 03:57:27 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on July 28, 2018, 03:55:37 PM
No u three guys are just like that dick in our club that sits whinging interminably but never contributes a red cent of his money or a second of his time.

All this faux outrage and high moral ground stance but not one of you even gave a single penny to the cause about which you were so rabidly spoofing. Hyprocrites of the highest order the lot of ye.

How would we donate? Tickets are all sold out. Even your lies are lies.

Easy to wait till all the tickets are sold and then say u have no way of donating. It is clear it never even occurred to you to make a contribution. U really are a monstrous turd.  Tho surely a thoroughly modern fellow like yourself could still find a way to make a contribution if u put 10th of the effort into doing so as u have into slagging off the Gaa

Jinxy

I'd say a lot of people will buy tickets by way of making a donation, without actually attending.
If the game is on a weekday afternoon, a crowd of 20,000 would be doing well.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

dublin7

It was a week late but the GAA finally made the right decision. Only issue I would have is that John Horan refused to accept they made any mistakes just like they did with the newbridge u-turn when they stuck to the company line it was improved H&S standards. A bit more humility would be in order

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: trailer on July 28, 2018, 04:12:34 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 28, 2018, 03:59:25 PM
I have to say congratulations are in order for keyser soze and trailer - on a thread with both Syferus and MR2 posting - you both have been proven to be bigger arseholes than the both of them. Some going - well done.

Thank you for your well thought out and deep contribution.

As opposed to your excellent contributions  ::)

Quote from: trailer on July 27, 2018, 02:32:56 PMHe earned over £10m in his career. He was on £25k a week at Utd. I'd say he was a multi millionaire.

Anyway I hope PUC is opened to them. And I wish them well with their fundraiser.

Quote from: trailer on July 27, 2018, 05:24:29 PMI've made my point. I hope the match does go ahead in PUC and I hope it raising an absolute fortune for everyone involved.

Quote from: trailer on July 28, 2018, 12:28:44 PMI wish the organisers the best of luck, and hope it is well supported and raises a lot of money for the hospice.

Syferus

It genuinely seems impossible for full-time GAA officials to be fired for incompetence.

currychip

sid waddell

On the main evening news, Marty Morrissey was very keen to stress that the GAA's decision to allow this game to take place would not "open the floodgates".

"Open the floodgates" to what?

Are there hordes of screaming, bloodthristy association football barbarians and rugby Barbarians with their eyeballs popping at the prospect of the rape and pillage of GAA people and GAA facilities all over Ireland, or something?

Rossfan

Quote from: currychip on July 28, 2018, 10:08:11 PM
Which full time officials were incompetent?
Exactly.
It must irritate a lot of critics that the GAA Hierarchy and the Liam Miller Committee sorted things out quietly and amicably in a dignified manner.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on July 28, 2018, 11:55:19 PM
Quote from: currychip on July 28, 2018, 10:08:11 PM
Which full time officials were incompetent?
Exactly.
It must irritate a lot of critics that the GAA Hierarchy and the Liam Miller Committee sorted things out quietly and amicably in a dignified manner.

If you think this was sorted out quietly I'm lost for words. Just because you say something it doesn't mean it's true.