Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonkunlon

Laois were brilliant and good value for the win. Slick performance!! Cheddar will be happy with that performance.

Jonkunlon

Hard to argue with your points.

Jonkunlon

The amount of shots we had on goal that the keeper saved easily .....worst of all being McManus penalty.

groundlie

Personally id like to see an Antrim man take the reins now. A Shane Elliott, Dick oKane or Cormac Donnelly. These Southern guys are just papering over the cracks. We have talented guys but bringing someone from munster in is just not sustainable.

Milltown Row2

Didn't see the game,  was doing the stairway to heaven walk, so glad I did that considering the talk on here!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: groundlie on June 09, 2021, 11:53:43 AM
We don't need outside players we have the talent in our manager and players to win an all Ireland.

I've a feeling we will blow laois away on Sunday. We need to go for goal early and get stuck in from the start.

This was from earlier in the league! When reality strikes.. disappointing losing today and it seems we were bad based on the score, the team has met one of its goals and now list one of its other goals. Staying in div 1 is brilliant and McCarthy cup level has shown us that we aren't at that level yet, McDonagh cup is a superb competition, we can develop more players next year in it and gain more experience in division one.

Players will be all welcomed back by their clubs and the championship should be a cracker
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

If gleeson wants to stay on he should be staying on no questions asked. It would be madness to not keep him on.

clootfromthe21

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 10, 2021, 05:15:28 PM
If gleeson wants to stay on he should be staying on no questions asked. It would be madness to not keep him on.

This times a hundred.

seafoid

It'll take a few seasons to get Antrim back to where they should be.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

Groundlie I think you have been sleeping since the early nineties. Further back than we have ever been :o where have you been when Westmeath Carlow Meath etc all getting the better of us.

Anyone know what exactly did happen our minors?

Jonkunlon

He's on the wind .....as Said above Gleeson deserves to stay on no questions asked. Look what's been achieved this season and last. The fact we're so gutted about today is because the bar has been raised higher than any manager over the past few seasons has achieved.

Jonkunlon

".....an Antrim man ......take the reins now"

Think there's a slightly implicit meaning in there if you read between the lines very carefully. What do you want Darren to do, carry water bottles?

Antrim Coaster

Had a bad feeling about today's match especially after the performance v The Dubs.

Cheddar had Laois switched into championship mode which is something Antrim have not been capable of doing over the years, with the exception of Dinny Cahill's teams.

Bad week for Antrim hurling with the U20 result and the minor team's situation.

Possibly got carried away with the league performances.

imtommygunn

Yeah I have to say I had a bad feeling too. The minor thing I still don't know if it is COVID related.

It's fine to in the end want an in house manager but gleeson committed , has got buy in and deserves a chance to build on what he has done if he is willing. He deserves massive credit.

up the rovers

After a great league a poor championship, today was brutal as was the under 20s.
Could anyone on here explain what the hell is going on with the minors? Bizarre situation.