What phone should I get??

Started by kinghen, July 17, 2009, 02:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I got the iphone on £40 free with unlimited data a few months ago. It is the feckin bee's knees. Or is it bees' knees?

If you're not an emailer, facebooker, chronic surfer, twitterer, gamer, podcaster then i'd forget about it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

The new I Phone 3G S is not free on £35 month contract, I got it free on £45 mth  (24mth contract) and will downgrade to £35 mth after 9 mths.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ziggysego

Who crossed out most of my last post here? I didn't.  ???
Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ziggysego on July 17, 2009, 09:45:39 PM
I'd cross out the lot of them! Still waiting on your pm with the Irish News username and password.

thebigfella

Quote from: ziggysego on July 17, 2009, 08:24:22 PM
Quote from: Trevor Hill on July 17, 2009, 08:10:45 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on July 17, 2009, 07:34:28 PM
Quote from: Trevor Hill on July 17, 2009, 07:31:46 PM
How much is an iphone on the £35 contract?

Free

So I can have the latest iphone on a 12 month contract foc?
Is the iphone anygood though? I need a new phone at the minute, but I prefer something a bit easier to use. I presume it has a touch screen and all that jazz.

Yeah, I got mine for £35 on a 12 month contract off the Carphone Warehouse. However, that was the iPhone 3G just before the model was released. I find it very easy to use, but I know some people who can't get to grips with it. At the risk of sounding sexist... mostly women.

I would check your contract, O2 have never offered any of the Iphone's on a 12 month contract.

mournerambler

Quote from: Trevor Hill on July 17, 2009, 08:10:45 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on July 17, 2009, 07:34:28 PM
Quote from: Trevor Hill on July 17, 2009, 07:31:46 PM
How much is an iphone on the £35 contract?

Free

So I can have the latest iphone on a 12 month contract foc?
Is the iphone anygood though? I need a new phone at the minute, but I prefer something a bit easier to use. I presume it has a touch screen and all that jazz.

Have been using the iphone for a year now & have to say that i'd be fcuked without it, email, internet, facebook, ipod etc etc is just great to have on the move + someone told me you can also make phone calls as well.

mournerambler

Quote from: Trevor Hill on July 17, 2009, 08:47:36 PM
Is there a comparable Nokia, I always find Nokias easy to use and they will work with my bluetooth in the car.

I used Nokia phones from 1995-2007 & always thought they were the dog's bollock's, until the colouerd screen's & mp3 players etc came about, I then discovered that the battery life was crap & the phones had a tendancy to freeze for no real reason so I reluctantly made the decision to try a different brand of phone & i'm glad I did.

muppet

Quote from: ziggysego on July 17, 2009, 09:45:39 PM

Mr. Hyde did it. He looks like you.
MWWSI 2017

Archie Mitchell

You can only get iPhone on an 18 or 24 month contract. I think it's free on the 24 month £35 a month contract. Definately worth it.

The Watcher Pat

http://www.jsmdistribution.co.uk/mobile-phones/mini-phone-ka08/prod_172.html?gclid=CL7SpdKa35sCFY4U4wodKxSqAQ

Bought one of these about 2mths ago..Nice wee phone.

Takes a while to get used to but very good after that for the price.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Candyman

I-Phone 3G is free on £35 24month contracts.... There has NEVER been a 12month contract in nearly 2 years never mind for an iphone!!! (unless you upgrade and keep your existing tariff.

The New iphone 3GS is free on £45 24month contract and upwards....

Orior

Quote from: muppet on July 17, 2009, 05:52:20 PM

I like the game, but I'm too mean (and too skint) to buy an iPhone.

You are also not cool enough.
[/quote]

True
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

illdecide

I was on a web site there "mobiles.co.uk" and they are offering a new Sony Ericsson W995 on a 18 month contract free of charge with 600 Min's and unlimited texts as well as the first 11 months at half price (£17:50) and the last 7 months is at £35 a month. How can that be? yet when i phone o2 direct they will only give that phone out on a £45 a month contract ???
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Smokin Joe

www.mobilereserve.com is a pretty nifty site for anyone looking to do a bit of price checking.

illdecide

Quote from: Smokin Joe on July 20, 2009, 01:10:52 PM
www.mobilereserve.com is a pretty nifty site for anyone looking to do a bit of price checking.

No matter what phone you pick it always directs ya back to that web address i gave "mobiles.co.uk". But my question is how can o2 not do the same deals when you go through them direct but it takes ya to go thru internet sites to get a better deal...WTF
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch