What phone should I get??

Started by kinghen, July 17, 2009, 02:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kinghen

Getting an upgrade today and basically I have one of 3 options:
-samsung "storm" think its the next up from "tocco"
-sony ericsson w995
- LG viewty

does anyone have/know about these phones and which would you suggest is best??

ziggysego

I'm currently using an iPhone 3G and have to say it's the best phone I've ever had. Need an O2 tariff though.
Testing Accessibility

kinghen

can only get an i-phone on a 35quid contract, I'm only on £25 and i dont even use those minutes/texts......

ziggysego

£35 is the lowest they go unfortunately. There's a lot of iPhone-like phones coming onto the market. The closest being HTC, but I don't think it has been released yet.
Testing Accessibility

illdecide

Quote from: kinghen on July 17, 2009, 02:24:45 PM
can only get an i-phone on a 35quid contract, I'm only on £25 and i dont even use those minutes/texts......

who is that with as o2 wouldn't give me the sony Ericsson 995 unless i paid up £45 a month so i told them to stick it up their asses
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

thewobbler

An iPhone is easily worth another £120 a year.

HTCs are probably a better tool overall, but if you are in any way fat fingered or a technophobe, the iPhone is so much easier to use that it's the better option.

thebigfella

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on July 17, 2009, 03:07:36 PM
Quote£35 is the lowest they go unfortunately. There's a lot of iPhone-like phones coming onto the market. The closest being HTC, but I don't think it has been released yet.

There is 2 people here in work on £30 a month contracts with new 3G iPhones - dealing with O2 direct.

Ziggy you couldnt be more wrong about the HTC phones. HTC have led the way on touch-screen technology for the past 5 or 6 years, it was Apple who came behind them with the iPhones. As I dont have an iPhone I couldnt tell you about ease of use but Im sure it is very strong considering it has came out of Apple camp. I have been using the HTC Touch Diamond for about 10 months now and using HTC phones for about 5 years. They have always run Windows Mobile x.x, at the minute I am up to WM 6.5. When I checked the iPhone it felt bulky compare to the Touch Diamond, and from what I could pick up it wasnt as easily hacked. With WM I download a complete modified system update every 2 months and wipe the phone, just sync with Outlook again and away I go - there are thousands of modders out there changing everything going, but mostly working on speed. The ability to work with my other Microsoft products such as Access, Excel & Outlook makes WM brilliant.

HTC wasn't first to market with a product if I can remember correctly, and their first one was not a very good at that. Apple had the hardware (in fact every other mobile phone manufacturer had) but they focused on the overall user experience instead of bundling it with a hacked together Symbian OS or MS mobile in the case of HTC.

I have never heard anyone call window mobile brilliant, in fact i've always found it slow and unresponsive.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on July 17, 2009, 03:07:36 PM
Quote£35 is the lowest they go unfortunately. There's a lot of iPhone-like phones coming onto the market. The closest being HTC, but I don't think it has been released yet.

There is 2 people here in work on £30 a month contracts with new 3G iPhones - dealing with O2 direct.

I rang O2 direct just now and tried as hard as I could to get the tariff cost down.  They wouldn't budge from £35 per month or £30per month if you paid close to £100.

Orior

Does anyone know if there is an online version of the iPhone game Wordwrap?

http://www.iphone1up.com/iPhone-3G-review/87/1/Word_Wrap.html

I like the game, but I'm too mean (and too skint) to buy an iPhone.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

muppet

Quote from: Orior on July 17, 2009, 05:11:40 PM
Does anyone know if there is an online version of the iPhone game Wordwrap?

http://www.iphone1up.com/iPhone-3G-review/87/1/Word_Wrap.html

I like the game, but I'm too mean (and too skint) to buy an iPhone.

You are also not cool enough.
MWWSI 2017

Trevor Hill

How much is an iphone on the £35 contract?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Trevor Hill

Quote from: ziggysego on July 17, 2009, 07:34:28 PM
Quote from: Trevor Hill on July 17, 2009, 07:31:46 PM

Free

So I can have the latest iphone on a 12 month contract foc?
Is the iphone anygood though? I need a new phone at the minute, but I prefer something a bit easier to use. I presume it has a touch screen and all that jazz.

ziggysego

Quote from: Trevor Hill on July 17, 2009, 08:10:45 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on July 17, 2009, 07:34:28 PM
Quote from: Trevor Hill on July 17, 2009, 07:31:46 PM

Free

So I can have the latest iphone on a 12 month contract foc?
Is the iphone anygood though? I need a new phone at the minute, but I prefer something a bit easier to use. I presume it has a touch screen and all that jazz.

Yeah, I got mine for £35 on a 12 month contract off the Carphone Warehouse. However, that was the iPhone 3G just before the model was released. I find it very easy to use, but I know some people who can't get to grips with it. At the risk of sounding sexist... mostly women.
Testing Accessibility

Trevor Hill

Is there a comparable Nokia, I always find Nokias easy to use and they will work with my bluetooth in the car.