Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickey Linden

Relax here a min lads. I went to a game as a neutral. I enjoyed the match and 2nd half in particular. I was stating that 2 clear points were not given for whatever reason. It was a major talking point from the game and thought it worthy of a mention. Im not personally blaming anyone. Anyone who was at the match seen that they were clear points. Granted, its very possible that the ref had bad view. I often also think that umpires have a bad view anyhow.

Happy to move on. LD will be dangerous opponents for anyone as the chsip progresses I feel 

Milltown Row2

Crossan?  Christ! Stopped buying papers long time ago... no point in giving facts if controversy sells more!

Ref's do get it wrong at times. But linden said ref could have overruled his umpires, now the ref wasn't in better position, his umpires (plus linesmen) were all in the wrong position but the lad in balcony was in best position..... what are the odds...

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

breakingball

Quote from: Mickey Linden on August 01, 2022, 09:58:35 PM
Relax here a min lads. I went to a game as a neutral. I enjoyed the match and 2nd half in particular. I was stating that 2 clear points were not given for whatever reason. It was a major talking point from the game and thought it worthy of a mention. Im not personally blaming anyone. Anyone who was at the match seen that they were clear points. Granted, its very possible that the ref had bad view. I often also think that umpires have a bad view anyhow.

Happy to move on. LD will be dangerous opponents for anyone as the chsip progresses I feel

So clear that the umpire thought them to be wide

paddyjohn

Did the points get counted? No
Can the result be overturned? No
Is Crossan a Gobshite? Yes
If Creggan can spend £50k on managers surely they can install VAR.

Let's park it and move on.

Lár na páirce 1

No one mentioning Creggan management boxing with spectators, hush hush never happened sweep that under the carpet

Saffsof82

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on August 02, 2022, 12:33:22 PM
No one mentioning Creggan management boxing with spectators, hush hush never happened sweep that under the carpet

At the match on Sunday??

Milltown Row2

Have you read the ref report already? You must have some inside track with the county

Teams should be separated on the pitch (different sides) , minimum subs and officials on the sidelines, asking for trouble at times when its a tense game.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Saw somebody getting a wallop on Official Antrim post.....up there for all to see....(just after the last score despatched by Ruairi Mc Cann)

Lár na páirce 1

No inside track MR2 but I have eyes, clear to see on social media after Mccanns last score
I'm sure it will be dealt by the powers that be never know miracles do happen

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on August 02, 2022, 01:01:23 PM
No inside track MR2 but I have eyes, clear to see on social media after Mccanns last score
I'm sure it will be dealt by the powers that be never know miracles do happen

You're claiming it will be swept under the carpet as if it never happened, I thought that you had read a ref report and nothing was noted..

In fairness not all handbags is put in reports, not sure what ya put in for something like that, spectator and coach throwing fists between as fence..

Lár na páirce 1

I'm not sure but I'd imagine management throwing punches at spectators would not be allowed.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on August 02, 2022, 01:31:56 PM
I'm not sure but I'd imagine management throwing punches at spectators would not be allowed.

Or spectators throwing punches from the sideline

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 02, 2022, 01:40:36 PM

Kevin Parke in charge at Creggan Sunday.......is he from St Enda's ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on August 02, 2022, 05:06:44 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 02, 2022, 01:40:36 PM

Kevin Parke in charge at Creggan Sunday.......is he from St Enda's ?

Something tells me you know the answer

Saffron71

When will the league playoffs be played does anyone know?