Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on July 05, 2022, 04:56:22 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 05, 2022, 04:53:57 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on July 05, 2022, 04:34:27 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 05, 2022, 04:23:48 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on July 05, 2022, 03:56:15 PM
Yes the Og Sport is pretty good, sevens football has great benefits. Talking of small sided games, our minors had a good one with St Galls up in Milltown at the weekend.

Great result, I'm sure the open top bus was doing the rounds with the Massive!!  :D
Beating St Galls no longer carries the same weight, especially when they can only muster up 13 players at home ;)

Always good to know you hammered us when we had 13 players and seem chuffed about it...
You do realise in this case both teams play 13? Lol. Can happen any team any week by the way, I'm just saying your next All Ireland you mentined earlier in the week is a fair bit off yet!!!

When did I say we'll win our next one?  If we never win another it'll still be one more than most clubs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Huge admirer of the Galls team of times past and their achievements.
However that super side is in no way comparable to an ordinary club team....

Their like will never be seen again...

bannside

Indeed...a golden era of which we are most unlikely to ever see again. But it shows what can be done if you can bring 8 or 10 real quality players through in or around the same age group, all with basic skills intact from an early age. No matter what it's still the template for clubs to aspire to.

Spike

Quote from: bannside on July 06, 2022, 12:05:56 PM
Indeed...a golden era of which we are most unlikely to ever see again. But it shows what can be done if you can bring 8 or 10 real quality players through in or around the same age group, all with basic skills intact from an early age. No matter what it's still the template for clubs to aspire to.

A great club side indeed but the template of how it was formed is not one to aspire to.

More kudos to the St Galls '82 team

Spike

Slightly off topic but does anyone have some good positive stories about Gaelfast?   Could we as a collective be using it better?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Spike on July 06, 2022, 01:01:30 PM

A great club side indeed but the template of how it was formed is not one to aspire to.

I'd nearly second that, but if you know your history Belfast clubs did always pick up 'outsiders' but if there is a club out there (including yours) that hasn't I'd like to know...

The success is born out of successive wins at juvenile, multiple minors/under21's proved to be the platform, tradition and looking to look beyond your championship can produce better results.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 06, 2022, 01:17:51 PM

I'd nearly second that, but if you know your history Belfast clubs did always pick up 'outsiders' but if there is a club out there (including yours) that hasn't I'd like to know...

The success is born out of successive wins at juvenile, multiple minors/under21's proved to be the platform, tradition and looking to look beyond your championship can produce better results.
The success 'WAS' born out of successive wins at juvenile........ There I fixed it for you, history now!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on July 06, 2022, 02:17:37 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 06, 2022, 01:17:51 PM

The success 'WAS' born out of successive wins at juvenile........ There I fixed it for you, history now!

I'm talking about club success, any club,  if it has that run off success will have potentially a team able to do well outside of its county championship

History has a good chance of repeating itself..

bannside

Cargin must have a dozen class acts aged between 16 and 20, multiple winners of silverware, college stars, high % of county panellists at under 17 and under 20. Huge panel to choose from.

Can they be the next big Antrim force in Ulster?

EOC1923

We just carry on striving to keep improving BS

bannside

Green machine impressive tonight, no doubt. No excuses from us EOC. Tomas rolled back the clock!

erinsboy

PG1 very disappointing tonight Bannside , I take it you had a few missing?
I think most where expecting it to be alot closer ,only league but surely there should be some signs against a very understrengthed Cargin team at this stage.

barnish oggie

Lads, the league title isn't all that.

Sure the top 2 don't care about winning it, it's an afterthought sure compared to the championship....  ;)

The real story is the relegation battle which is hotting up now.

Gorts v TNN match on Friday will have a big say in it.

imtommygunn

Big win for tnn tonight.

EOC1923

Is that Rasharkin relegated to Div3 or do they get a play off?
We played well BS surely! Tomas going well keeps himself in serious shape.