Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

Fair play to SW organisers of those sounds great , don't think happened In belfast unfortunately

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on July 04, 2022, 10:38:29 PM
Fair play to SW organisers of those sounds great , don't think happened In belfast unfortunately

Eh?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

There were no festivals of football In belfsdt that the boys are talking about in the country mr2

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on July 05, 2022, 08:47:55 AM
There were no festivals of football In belfsdt that the boys are talking about in the country mr2

Multiple tournaments currently run by clubs  every year, ourselves Rossa Lamhs St Paul's all over at under age ...

There was plenty go game tournaments when I was looking after juvenile teams also, whether  the name festival of football/hurling  was used or not it was and is essentially go games.

But certainly I remember days spent at Woodlands/Corrigan/Milltown either being part of or running these games.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

delgany

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 05, 2022, 09:10:44 AM

Multiple tournaments currently run by clubs  every year, ourselves Rossa Lamhs St Paul's all over at under age ...

There was plenty go game tournaments when I was looking after juvenile teams also, whether  the name festival of football/hurling  was used or not it was and is essentially go games.

But certainly I remember days spent at Woodlands/Corrigan/Milltown either being part of or running these games.

Go games for football and hurling are run on alternate weeks in SA , the only difference is that   SA is limiting the number of visting teams to one club only   as a carry over from Covid ! Hopefully get back to multiple clubs in the near future !

Milltown Row2

Quote from: delgany on July 05, 2022, 09:23:16 AM

Go games for football and hurling are run on alternate weeks in SA , the only difference is that   SA is limiting the number of visting teams to one club only   as a carry over from Covid ! Hopefully get back to multiple clubs in the near future !

Can understand that, our May tournament and Pat Sheehan tournament only started back this year after covid, but Belfast GAA man was stating we don't or didn't have tournaments or go games in the past with multiple teams.

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 05, 2022, 09:28:36 AM

Can understand that, our May tournament and Pat Sheehan tournament only started back this year after covid, but Belfast GAA man was stating we don't or didn't have tournaments or go games in the past with multiple teams.

Rossa held the Annul joe McKelvey tournament 3 or 4 weeks ago, 16 teams from all over Antrim, plus some Down and Tyrone clubs. Brilliant tournament won by St Pauls

johnnycool

Quote from: Tyrdub on July 05, 2022, 11:58:46 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 05, 2022, 09:28:36 AM

Rossa held the Annul joe McKelvey tournament 3 or 4 weeks ago, 16 teams from all over Antrim, plus some Down and Tyrone clubs. Brilliant tournament won by St Pauls

Yip, we were up at it as well as the Pat Sheehan.

Great days hurling for the kids.

Saffsof82

og sport coming up at the end of July, always a great competition

EOC1923

Yes the Og Sport is pretty good, sevens football has great benefits. Talking of small sided games, our minors had a good one with St Galls up in Milltown at the weekend.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on July 05, 2022, 03:56:15 PM
Yes the Og Sport is pretty good, sevens football has great benefits. Talking of small sided games, our minors had a good one with St Galls up in Milltown at the weekend.

Great result, I'm sure the open top bus was doing the rounds with the Massive!!  :D

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 05, 2022, 04:23:48 PM

Great result, I'm sure the open top bus was doing the rounds with the Massive!!  :D
Beating St Galls no longer carries the same weight, especially when they can only muster up 13 players at home ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on July 05, 2022, 04:34:27 PM

Beating St Galls no longer carries the same weight, especially when they can only muster up 13 players at home ;)

Always good to know you hammered us when we had 13 players and seem chuffed about it...

ck

No white smoke yet on the new football manager? I've heard a few names mentioned but nothing confirmed. You'd like to think they'd be in post before the club championship so as he can get a good look.

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 05, 2022, 04:53:57 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on July 05, 2022, 04:34:27 PM

Always good to know you hammered us when we had 13 players and seem chuffed about it...
You do realise in this case both teams play 13? Lol. Can happen any team any week by the way, I'm just saying your next All Ireland you mentined earlier in the week is a fair bit off yet!!!