Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Ah- thanks. Yeah it kind of is a procession to that stage though I think there is some significance to the johnnies win. Realistically the top three pick themselves it's just the order.

JimStynes

Was that Antrim's 2nd team in the camogie final today? Have they another team in the intermediate comp?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on August 07, 2022, 11:01:44 PM
Was that Antrim's 2nd team in the camogie final today? Have they another team in the intermediate comp?

Second team first won intermediate last year retained senior again this year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 07, 2022, 11:12:02 PM

I see on TSG that, if you win intermediate, you can't play intermediate again for 2 years.

Galway will have some panel next year if they get 5 or 6 of these intermediate players coming through.

ck

So are those selected simply those who don't make the Intermediate squad or are they from Junior clubs?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ck on August 08, 2022, 12:23:51 PM

So are those selected simply those who don't make the Intermediate squad or are they from Junior clubs?

Not sure as there are ballycastle and Cushendall and Ahohill players I'm sure there are Loughgiel too, its probably players that will be on their clubs second teams I'd assume..

Cork had a team in the intermediate and senior finals yesterday, so not uncommon
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I don't think it is second teams. I think Kelly would be on Ballycastle's first team and a those Cushendall ones would be on Cushendall senior team. I suspect Laverty is on Loughgiel's too. She was saying she was on the senior panel but dropped off it last year.

I think it's just those that don't make the squad.

Also they seem to tend to be younger as I think the plan is to bring them on to the intermediate.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 08, 2022, 12:50:19 PM
I don't think it is second teams. I think Kelly would be on Ballycastle's first team and a those Cushendall ones would be on Cushendall senior team. I suspect Laverty is on Loughgiel's too. She was saying she was on the senior panel but dropped off it last year.

Also they seem to tend to be younger as I think the plan is to bring them on to the intermediate.

So like club, teams are graded and the seniors must grade a squad and any that are not on that senior team are available for the seconds? Huge boost to the the camogs and hopefully inspiring new ones to take it up..

Our club have started with a Camogie team lately and its getting good numbers its seems so hopefully we can keep it going, all 4 areas covered plus handball also, we might not be winning much but providing a great sporting cultural environment

imtommygunn

I am not 100% sure on the details but yes I think that is what it is.

I'd be interested in Max Power's comments. Two teams is bound to leave a hell of a lot of players out of club action.

maxpower

The county teams do seem to be well prepared and are generating good interest. But almost 3 months went past with NO fixtures for the rest of the girls left behind

The County board cancelled Feile last year as it clashed with a senior county fixture and I just fear the priorities are misplaced!
What happens next????

imtommygunn

johnnycool

Quote from: maxpower on August 08, 2022, 02:24:28 PM
The county teams do seem to be well prepared and are generating good interest. But almost 3 months went past with NO fixtures for the rest of the girls left behind

The County board cancelled Feile last year as it clashed with a senior county fixture and I just fear the priorities are misplaced!

At least in Down they run off a league without the county camogs, senior and junior.

Lacking in quality but gave the rest a run out.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: maxpower on August 08, 2022, 02:24:28 PM

If I'm not mistaken the County Camogie Board is pretty much a new executive this year, so anything that happened last year can't be laid at their door. This is the first year of the split so it will obviously take abit of tweaking to get things right for next year in regards to fixtures as that is a long time for the club players. Personally I think the Junior team is a good idea.
Only having 5 (I think) team in Division 1 is a big problem, so you have mainly 4 teams forming two squads (Dunloy, Loughgiel, Ballycastle & Cushendall) with a few from other clubs

keep her low this half

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 08, 2022, 12:57:54 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 08, 2022, 12:50:19 PM

So like club, teams are graded and the seniors must grade a squad and any that are not on that senior team are available for the seconds? Huge boost to the the camogs and hopefully inspiring new ones to take it up..

Our club have started with a Camogie team lately and its getting good numbers its seems so hopefully we can keep it going, all 4 areas covered plus handball also, we might not be winning much but providing a great sporting cultural environment

There seems to be a push from the Camogie board to get more clubs playing, I have noticed Moneyglass and Davitts fielding in recent years who would be relatively new, good to see.

BrendanAntrim

St Brigids played Naomh Gall last night in u14 camogie Championship, it was the first time either club had played u14 C'ship. Great to see