Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Was speaking to a clubman who was up at the game and said young McCaff had a great game, took no shot either.. great to see and a surprising result?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TheGeneral

Dunloy unable to field against Cushendall tonight? Rumours the match has been cancelled conceded.
Goals win championships

johnnycool

Quote from: TheGeneral on July 27, 2022, 10:40:13 AM
Dunloy unable to field against Cushendall tonight? Rumours the match has been cancelled conceded.

Don't see it on the Antrim website....

Ports complaining that their game vrs St Johns has been reversed to Corrigan park, but I'm assuming that's due to them not having a referee in Antrim..

If they win that they'll win the league.

In the meantime we're over in Glengormley in a relegation decider, but with half the team injured or on holiday it doesn't bode well.

keep her low this half

10 days before the first championship match? Bit of cute hoorism going on in Dunloy. £300 fine for not fielding and move on. What happens if Portaferry and Cushendall end up level on points, as far as I know the head to head is one win each.How will score difference work if Cushendall haven't played all their matches?

johnnycool

Quote from: keep her low this half on July 27, 2022, 11:56:13 AM

10 days before the first championship match? Bit of cute hoorism going on in Dunloy. £300 fine for not fielding and move on. What happens if Portaferry and Cushendall end up level on points, as far as I know the head to head is one win each.How will score difference work if Cushendall haven't played all their matches?

Ports beat the Dall by 6 points whereas the Dall only won by 4 last week, so if it was using Down competition rules Ports would win it but you Antrim hoors can pull out obscure bylaws like some Harry Houdini when the need arises.  ;D

Ports are a point ahead going into tonight's game, so in theory anything other than a defeat will mean they take the title.

marty34

Could they not player 3 or 4 of their seniors and fringe/reserve players the rest?

Give lads a game and then you'll know who can cut the mustard. Gives manager a chance to say, come championship time, well you had a chance recently and you're not at the level yet.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on July 27, 2022, 12:02:58 PM

Ports beat the Dall by 6 points whereas the Dall only won by 4 last week, so if it was using Down competition rules Ports would win it but you Antrim hoors can pull out obscure bylaws like some Harry Houdini when the need arises.  ;D

Ports are a point ahead going into tonight's game, so in theory anything other than a defeat will mean they take the title.

When was the last time a Down team won the league? been a while, probably Ports again
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

keep her low this half

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 27, 2022, 12:38:51 PM

When was the last time a Down team won the league? been a while, probably Ports again
I read in the Saffron Gael that the Ports last won it 20 years ago, not sure about the other two teams.
I am also reading that Creggan are not fielding against  Carey tonight so Carey are promoted. Seem to be a few football teams not fielding saving players the football championship at the weekend.

johnnycool

Quote from: keep her low this half on July 27, 2022, 01:17:59 PM

I read in the Saffron Gael that the Ports last won it 20 years ago, not sure about the other two teams.
I am also reading that Creggan are not fielding against  Carey tonight so Carey are promoted. Seem to be a few football teams not fielding saving players the football championship at the weekend.

20 years sounds about right, think they beat us in the league final in the old Casement..

Was talking to a Portaferry lad there now at lunch as they believe St Johns will be weak enough for the very reason you outlined about the football championship this weekend.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on July 27, 2022, 01:35:15 PM
Quote from: keep her low this half on July 27, 2022, 01:17:59 PM

20 years sounds about right, think they beat us in the league final in the old Casement..

Was talking to a Portaferry lad there now at lunch as they believe St Johns will be weak enough for the very reason you outlined about the football championship this weekend.

At least they are turning up  ::)

Milltown Row2

Huge result for Naomh Brid's tonight, junior b winners.. fair play for such a new hurling club

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 27, 2022, 11:35:07 PM
Huge result for Naomh Brid's tonight, junior b winners.. fair play for such a new hurling club
As someone on Twiter said there won't be a client represented or a patient examined in South Belfast tomorrow!

imtommygunn

Some crowd for a junior b final. Good to see another club up and running with the hurling. The club has big numbers so hopefully should be able to sustain both.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 28, 2022, 07:45:15 AM
Some crowd for a junior b final. Good to see another club up and running with the hurling. The club has big numbers so hopefully should be able to sustain both.

They might surprise some teams in Junior A .. But as you say its great to see a 'traditional' football club take up the Caman

saffron123

At least they are turning up  ::)
[/quote]

yeah i suppose Dunloy shouldve turned up to even tho they have 10+ dual players with championship on saturday, at least 4 first team players currently injured, lads on holidays and then you have 3 more out of the country. probably better to think before posting stupid comments