Magners Big Tickle - Derry 5-14 Sept.

Started by screenexile, August 27, 2008, 03:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Anybody going to this? I'm heading to Andrew Maxwell and Colin Murphy on 14th Sept. I'm a big fan of The Panel so looking forward to it.

Great lineup really I think David O'Doherty's Edinburgh show won the top prize there so his show should be class as well.

I've seen Reginald D. Hunter a few times as well and he's absolutely hilarious!

If you've seen Kevin McAleer before I'd give him a miss as I saw him in 2003 and again last year and it was almost word for word the same show. I wouldn't be Ardal O'Hanlon's biggest fan either but some think he's brilliant.

Good lineup for Derry anyway and hopefully a good week of Comedy!

ziggysego

Frick, would have loved to seen this.

Seen Colin three times and Andrew once. Both excellent.

Not a huge fan of David's, but loved what little I've seen of Reginald's on the telly.
Testing Accessibility

wherefromreferee?

Any tickets left and how much were they?  Looks like it would be a good night out.  14th is a sunday though, so might not suit.
In your Endo!

screenexile

Well the Derry Senior Championship Semi Finals are on in Celtic Park as a double header so a good day's entertainment should be had. I'm really looking forward to it myself.

D4S

I'm going to stag night in Derry on 13th Spetember, 14 or 15 of us heading up from southdown, anything big happening the Saturday night?
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

D4S

Just googled it there I see it's nights in millenium forum and bigger gigs...but is there other smaller stuff on in pubs around the city by any chance?
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

wherefromreferee?

Quote from: D4S on August 27, 2008, 03:51:10 PM
I'm going to stag night in Derry on 13th Spetember, 14 or 15 of us heading up from southdown, anything big happening the Saturday night?

Why dont you all attend the Derry Semi Finals on in Celtic Park?  Keep you off the beer for an hour or two!!
In your Endo!

screenexile

Anybody head to anything at this? I went to Maxwell and Murphy on the Sunday night. Having seen Murphy loads of times at the Empire he was pretty crap this time but Maxwell was absolutely hilarious. THe man is a total space cadet but full of great stories. He especially enjoyed the night before when he did a gig in Strabane and said it was the most mental place he'd ever been. Apparently he is now a "fuckin' Moonboot". Great night's craic all the same!

ziggysego

Saw Maxwell a few years ago at the Comedy Store in London and he was fantastic. Best comedy on show that night.
Testing Accessibility

Norf Tyrone

The brother was at Maxwell in Strabane. Must ask him what the craic was.

I have tickets for Carr in Derry.. think its Feb or womething he's on.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone