Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Quote from: jcpen on August 10, 2023, 01:23:07 PM
I think we could have a 3 way battle for the title this season between City Arsenal and Liverpool with 4th place between Manchester United, Chelsea and Newcastle.

Can't see Luton Town staying up, also think Wolves and maybe Sheffield United to join them.

A surprise package this season could be Aston Villa.

Villa touted to do well but i still suspect that anywhere from 10th-7th would be a good season, with a decent run in a cup or Europe.

I dont see Liverpool in a battle for the title at the moment, barring some good signings.

imtommygunn

I honestly think liverpool will be lucky to get top 4.

Milltown Row2

They have a bad season then a great one lately so top 3 for me
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

jcpen

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 10, 2023, 02:54:39 PM
I guess we'll have to wait and see. Either way one of us will be right and one of us will be wrong!
Tomorrow is promised to no one.

An Watcher

At least its a 2 horse race in scotland

quit yo jibbajabba

statto

Quote from: An Watcher on August 10, 2023, 03:24:54 PM
At least its a 2 horse race in scotland
Is that league not wrapped up already?

imtommygunn

Quote from: jcpen on August 10, 2023, 03:22:47 PM
I guess we'll have to wait and see. Either way one of us will be right and one of us will be wrong!

Yep - if you don't get a defensive midfielder I will be right but maybe you will!

Joeythelips

They were very poor by their standards last season and still nearly made top 4. Some strong signings and Diaz and Jota back from injury who are very important to their set up. A top defensive midfielder and they can challenge City imo, I think they are nailed on for top 4.

gawa316

Liverpool scored 18 and conceded 11 in 5 preseason games...currently very good going forward, currently not very good at the other end. DM is essential at this stage

Blowitupref

BBC Sport pundits have their say.

All bar one has gone for Man City to win the league. Most think Arsenal will finish 2nd again.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66434067

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

AustinPowers

The PL is  a  foregone conclusion . Man City , or the "stated sponsored Death Star" , as Barry Glendinning calls them,  will  ease to it again

Arsenal  probably the best of the  also rans. Maybe Liverpool  if they  get their act together. and their new signings click quickly. Man Utd ,  it'll be more of the  same I feel  - mediocre

quit yo jibbajabba

Thank christ we've the Scottish Prem 😆

lurganblue

Looks like Kane does go then.  I'm a little surprised by that.  Shearer breathes a big sigh of relief.

Caicedo 110m! wow.

square_ball

Big pressure now on Liverpool to compete for the title after their spending during the summer if the Caceido deal goes through. Looking forward to the season ahead should be interesting towards the top end anyway.