Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thewobbler on August 25, 2022, 09:30:06 AM
It's a symbolic gesture from the team that has scored, they're more interested in restarting than they are celebrating. Surely anyone can understand this?

All day long, interfering with play, or slow play or whatever you want, that will be seen as a yellow card in most games... Being captain probably bought him some slack
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Scarlet

Of course I understand the symbolism. I don't understand why they waste their own time wanting THAT ball.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Capt Pat

Hat trick for Haland. That is what he brings you. City won't be caught as long as Haland remains healthy.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 27, 2022, 04:49:05 PM
Hat trick for Haland. That is what he brings you. City won't be caught as long as Haland remains healthy.
I think i recall one poster on here thinking Haaland would struggle in the Premier league in the way Timo Werner has with Chelsea.

seafoid

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 27, 2022, 04:49:05 PM
Someone else could get injured. There is a reason the World Cup and Euros are played in summer. In December the World Cup will function more like Becher's Brook.

GJL

Stevie starfish must be close to the chop!

Milltown Row2

Some tasty games midweek, only Arsenal and City have it handy
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

square_ball

Scott Parker the first manager to go. Inevitable he would get the boot after his comments in the interviews after the Liverpool match.

quit yo jibbajabba

Scott Parker manages to beat Gerrard/Lamps/Brodge to the first sacking

Saying its to do with post match comments rather than the poor start

Saffrongael

Quote from: square_ball on August 30, 2022, 09:22:57 AM
Scott Parker the first manager to go. Inevitable he would get the boot after his comments in the interviews after the Liverpool match.

What were the comments ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

quit yo jibbajabba

Complaining about lack of signings? Didnt overly listen but they didnt seem too bad

Idve sacked him for that awful cardigan but thats just me

RedHand88

Quote from: Saffrongael on August 30, 2022, 09:29:50 AM
Quote from: square_ball on August 30, 2022, 09:22:57 AM

What were the comments ?

We are woefully underequipped to compete at this level.

Something like that.

imtommygunn

It was a very odd thing to say tbh but Southampton got tanked 9-0 the other year and came back. I was hoping Bournemouth did the same.

RedHand88

I feel sorry for him. They've had the hardest opening run of any club, they've already played City, Arsenal and Liverpool in the first 4 games, arguably the 3 best teams in the league. They even picked up 3 points in the other game against Villa.

I'd say they were expecting 3 points from those first 4 games. But it's the manner of the defeats which have cost Parker his job.

J70

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 30, 2022, 11:33:52 AM
I feel sorry for him. They've had the hardest opening run of any club, they've already played City, Arsenal and Liverpool in the first 4 games, arguably the 3 best teams in the league. They even picked up 3 points in the other game against Villa.

I'd say they were expecting 3 points from those first 4 games. But it's the manner of the defeats which have cost Parker his job.

Think from the statement its probably more his public complaining about the quality of the squad and, presumably, a philosophical difference with the owners in how to run the club.

From their talk about sustainability, it looks like they might be going the Norwich approach, i.e. trying to keep spending in check and build gradually by being a yo-yo club for a while.

Fulham spend like crazy and they're still a yo-yo club!