Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Quote from: BennyCake on August 19, 2018, 11:32:41 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on August 19, 2018, 11:11:07 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 19, 2018, 11:06:32 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 19, 2018, 06:23:50 PM
A long time since Jamie Redknapp has seen a United side lacking the desire to get back into the game? In reality United have been lacking that desire since 2013.

Have to agree with Gary Neville, poor signings on top of more poor signings so many players playing for United now that are simply not good enough.

Gary Neville described the period from 2003 to around 2006 as the 'Djemba Djemba years'. What could you label the years from 2013 to date?

Post Ferguson?

I was hoping for a wittier description.

Give it ta Giggsy era.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: BennyCake on August 19, 2018, 11:06:32 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 19, 2018, 06:23:50 PM
A long time since Jamie Redknapp has seen a United side lacking the desire to get back into the game? In reality United have been lacking that desire since 2013.

Have to agree with Gary Neville, poor signings on top of more poor signings so many players playing for United now that are simply not good enough.

Gary Neville described the period from 2003 to around 2006 as the 'Djemba Djemba years'. What could you label the years from 2013 to date?
The non squeaky bum time years.

From the Bunker

Lads, Lads, Lads, You have to give the man time! What would have happened if you did not give Ferguson time? You are just to quick hopping from one decent Manager to another. Every season has been progress under Maureen. Every one! After all, as he said Liverpool are just buying the Premier League title. Buying it! The dirty Scouser scum!

gawa316

Quote from: oakleaflad on August 09, 2018, 03:28:20 PM

It's a centre half they are I still think Bailly and Lindelof could make a half decent partnership if given time and stay injury free though.

Jeez they were brutal today

oakleaflad

Quote from: gawa316 on August 20, 2018, 06:17:00 AM
Quote from: oakleaflad on August 09, 2018, 03:28:20 PM

It's a centre half they are I still think Bailly and Lindelof could make a half decent partnership if given time and stay injury free though.

Jeez they were brutal today
They were to be fair. Just think people give up on centre halfs a bit too quickly. In my book, they aren't in the Jones and Smalling category of tried and tested and still not good enough at this stage. It took Vidic a brave while to settle, Otamendi at City likewise.

AZOffaly

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 21, 2018, 11:41:36 AM
Agents are dicks

I wouldn't want my agent not to be. This is business at the end of the day.

Boycey

Quote from: Syferus on August 21, 2018, 12:04:00 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 21, 2018, 11:41:36 AM
Agents are dicks

I wouldn't want my agent not to be. This is business at the end of the day.

Sadly guys like Raiola are running football nowadays...I'm sure Syf will enlighten us more..

Keyser soze

As God made them he matched them!

Bord na Mona man

Are players that dumb that they allow agents take a cut in the tens of millions from a transfer?
In Pogba's transfer from Juve, Mino Raiola made something equivalent of 2 years of Pogba salary.

If you were switching jobs would you let a recruitment pocket that sort of wedge?

Syferus

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on August 21, 2018, 09:55:58 PM
Are players that dumb that they allow agents take a cut in the tens of millions from a transfer?
In Pogba's transfer from Juve, Mino Raiola made something equivalent of 2 years of Pogba salary.

If you were switching jobs would you let a recruitment pocket that sort of wedge?

It's not just the agent that gets a good deal.. they're not super-agents for no reason.

NAG1

Bord, I think the agents or super-agents now are more involved in actually generating the moves for these players so that might jusitfy the increase in their cut.

This is where I would give Gary Neville kudos he didnt bother with agents. Did his contract talks himself, obviously easier for a one club player which doesnt exist now really, but shows that it is/ was possible.

Minder

Quote from: NAG1 on August 22, 2018, 09:40:26 AM

Bord, I think the agents or super-agents now are more involved in actually generating the moves for these players so that might jusitfy the increase in their cut.

This is where I would give Gary Neville kudos he didnt bother with agents. Did his contract talks himself, obviously easier for a one club player which doesnt exist now really, but shows that it is/ was possible.

I know there are a few NFL players have represented themselves in the last couple of years, and I know NFL contracts are a lot more complex with "guaranteed" money etc but I think the general consensus was they got their eyes wiped by the teams
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"