Author Topic: Antrim, the way forward  (Read 52359 times)

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
Re: Antrim, the way forward
« Reply #465 on: December 24, 2017, 01:57:40 PM »
Proposal from Croke Park you mean.

This seriously important issue was completely ignored at the County AGM .... yet now we have this proposal .... and AFAICS its based solely on a need to line up with what Croke Park have done. WTF

Does the County have any clue (does any club have any clue) just how many U19 players will be available for the season ahead?
Does the County have any consideration for the possibility that several U19 players will be part of their senior panel?
Does the County understand that introducing an U19 competition will burden many U17 players (studying A levels) as they will be needed to fill out U19 panels?
Does the County give a flying fook other than towing the line with their masters?

What am I missing here? This makes zero sense to me.
there have been several posts since I started this debate and no-one can answer the question about what is mandatory and what the individual counties have discretion over - not a good starting point and I too have concerns that it will be harder to field u19 teams than u18 teams as some leave for university at 18/19 and some will see themselves as seniors and not want to play u19...........

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 24, 2017, 04:05:55 PM »
Change will not suit everyone, this looks like something that is a benefit to the southern members.. a possible meeting with club delegates to see what’s best for Antrim would be the better outcome here
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 01, 2018, 09:03:24 PM »
Change will not suit everyone, this looks like something that is a benefit to the southern members.. a possible meeting with club delegates to see what’s best for Antrim would be the better outcome here
Anyone know when there will be a decision this or when there will be a county u17 manager be in place? surely most teams start training early Jan..............

maxpower

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 02, 2018, 10:07:09 AM »
I believe a decision is to made this week!

Far to many unanswered questions for anyone to make an informed decision!

1. What will be the cross over of players from u17 to u19
2. What happens to the u21 grade
3. Will feile be u13 or u14
4. Will u11 be outdoor (21 to 21) like last year u12 or go games like u10's
5. At what point are you consider an adult team?
What happens next????