Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Centre 3/4

Quote from: Targetman on February 18, 2019, 05:06:31 PM
What players did Clonduff bring in?
Patrick Grant, plays for teconnaght

Cuan12

Smurf your full of crap, denying a young player top flight ultimately denies him the chance to develop further and hopefully start for Down seniors, your narrow minded insular attitude serves no purpose in down , your idea of success is to get to a semi final and finish above roster or, both of which you won't achieve this year.

Targetman

Quote from: Centre 3/4 on February 18, 2019, 06:12:02 PM
Quote from: Targetman on February 18, 2019, 05:06:31 PM
What players did Clonduff bring in?
Patrick Grant, plays for teconnaght
Ah right, all them players over the years!!

6th sam

Quote from: ardtole on February 18, 2019, 05:48:26 PM
Saul and ardglass amalgamation won the very first Ulster minor club back in 1983 I think it was.

Correct ardtole . Both clubs combined in 1982 under Ardglass  name and were narrowly beaten at county semifinal stage. Then won Ulster in 1983.

downjim

Clonduff took their fair share of blow ins over the years

Godsown

Quote from: downjim on February 18, 2019, 11:46:01 PM
No too many Caravan Parks in Hilltown Downjim. You've been very quiet after getting caught up in that Sandstorm.

Targetman

Quote from: downjim on February 18, 2019, 11:46:01 PM
Name them

downjim

Do you not know the answer targetman ??

KeyboardWarrior645

Quote from: Centre 3/4 on February 18, 2019, 02:06:12 PM
Clonduff brought in players for u21 for years. Carryduff allowed Laverty to play for them to benefit the lad and the boys around him got to play in an Ulster final. What better way to improve your senior team than get your young players playing at the top level? Even better news is they have 13 boys back next year to do it all again.

What about the other 10 carryduff lads that were sitting on the bench??? Maybe I'm wrong but my club try to develop and improve every player within the club and not just the "best" players. Just think if Burren had have taken that strategy then Kevin mckernan probably wouldn't be playing football

KeyboardWarrior645

Quote from: thewobbler on February 18, 2019, 01:19:50 PM
Quote from: KeyboardWarrior645 on February 18, 2019, 12:24:06 PM
Hardly downs benefit cuan if he's playing for carryduff? If it was down's benefit he'd be playing for down. Still a disgrace that carryduff are happy enough for their own players to sit on the bench and not get any football but take in other lads from other clubs and give them football. What are carryduff gonna do with their seniors this year? Heard they are looking Donal o'hare in. Wonder will they get him?
Fact of the matter is east down football bar kilcoo is in a shambolic state currently and this is only going to continue and the gap is only getting bigger.

5 of the 11 clubs in ACFL1 are from East Down.

I believe they'll be joined in the SFC by Liatroim, Bredagh and Carryduff.

I'm not sure what you use for your baramoter, but it would appear to be somewhat flawed.

Brilliant 5 of 11 in division 1. Really going well then. Kilcoo leading the flag so east down is brilliant. Castlewellan couldn't even have their own u21 team they had to amalgamate. A big club like this shouldn't be happening. Byransfords senior are going backwards as is their youth with no championship winning teams in recent years. Downpatrick are just about in division 1 but would most certainly not say they are excelling currently. Loughanisland in fairness seem to be up and coming. With a young senior team performing very well in last years championship however with the gormley appointment I can only see them playing 15 men behind the ball football.

downjim

Kevin really came into his own around 16-18, up until then he was an average player.

Targetman

Quote from: downjim on February 19, 2019, 10:40:55 PM
Do you not know the answer targetman ??
Neither do you by the looks of it, name the blow ins!!

downjim

Last Caress

Dont think Downjim as any names. Hope he doesn't post the names of blow ins at his club. It would be some list

downjim

A Clonduff poster could verify this, if they had a good internet connection.

Apparently a lot of money being put on the point to win Frank in Hugo's. 12/1