nordies.. what changes would we make?

Started by lawnseed, November 03, 2011, 08:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on November 03, 2011, 09:09:08 PM
Make it a Communist State

Where everyone is a driving instructor.

Sounds like a great vision for Ireland lads.
MWWSI 2017

anglocelt39

Quote from: EC Unique on November 04, 2011, 02:20:38 PM
Get rid of the ridiculous benefits in 'the south'. Might encourage some of them to get off their holes and actually work!

I think the equivalent of ridiculous benefits up north is public sector "employment".
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: mylestheslasher on November 04, 2011, 04:05:56 PM
Before commenting, can i ask are people from Cavan, Monaghan and Donegal considered "Nordies" or not...

Too right Myles, every Ulster man, woman, or child (and Louth too!  ;))!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

lawnseed

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on November 04, 2011, 08:53:45 PM
Before commenting, can i ask are people from Cavan, Monaghan and Donegal considered "Nordies" or not...

donegal...? possibly cavan and monaghan are defo in mexico..  get rid of chef brown sauce give them HP.. sauce that is. they already have more than their share of HP
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Main Street

I don't know about Cavan but we can safely say that both Monaghan and Donegal are in another league - Ulster, liberated from occupation and you don't have to listen to bleatings about a part of Ireland being a separate country.
Also a useful blessed refuge for Nordies, wanting to escape their plight but still be on the sacred turf Ulster.

Don't get me wrong, Nordies are alright ..... in small doses.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: lawnseed on November 06, 2011, 12:47:45 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on November 04, 2011, 08:53:45 PM

donegal...? possibly cavan and monaghan are defo in mexico..  get rid of chef brown sauce give them HP.. sauce that is. they already have more than their share of HP

HP tastes like vomit, YR Sauce all the way.

Western half of Cavan should be reunited with Connacht. We will take Longford, Clare and Fermanagh south of Lough Erne back too.

End the Partition of Connacht.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ExcellentDriver

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 03, 2011, 08:52:44 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on November 03, 2011, 08:48:24 PM
i asked the question after the last election "fine gael what changes will they make?" and i think the answer has been a resounding NONE or to put it in context 'non' or 'nein' as enda would have us believe that none of what is happening is his fault its all fianna fail or the ecbs. it has also been pointed out on occasion that we here in the north lead a sheltered life suckling on the tit we love to hate IE the British taxpayer. infact there is a groundswell of opinion that we nordies have it so easy that we don't want to join our 'mexican' brothers. if we are to believe that this is true.. what changes would we nordies make down south to make the place more 'welcoming' how could we 'nordify' the place? I'll start by saying that i would close rte or sell it off. i think the southern mindset has been influenced for quite long enough by this cesspit of coke sniffing sickos who pander to the government of the days whims in exchange for an unending stream of taxpayers money.. so bye bye rte
Lower prices. Give them driving lessons - they haven't a f**king clue when they come north of the border.

+1
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Main Street on November 06, 2011, 02:20:34 PM
I don't know about Cavan but we can safely say that both Monaghan and Donegal are in another league - Ulster, liberated from occupation and you don't have to listen to bleatings about a part of Ireland being a separate country.
Also a useful blessed refuge for Nordies, wanting to escape their plight but still be on the sacred turf Ulster.

Don't get me wrong, Nordies are alright ..... in small doses.

What in the name of god are you going on about?

lawnseed

proper building control. mexicans need building control.. an independant body who come around like they do here in nordieland. look at the hassel with the likes of priory hall. alot of the developments down south will fall down before the mortgages are ever paid.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: lawnseed on November 06, 2011, 09:39:21 PM
proper building control. mexicans need building control.. an independant body who come around like they do here in nordieland. look at the hassel with the likes of priory hall. alot of the developments down south will fall down before the mortgages are ever paid.

Get out of your daydream. The North is a rundown dump (unforunately). Tell me that Crossmaglen CLG thinks you have proper planning laws in the 6. The North is an utter shitehole, run down and on the tit of the public sector. The Republic at its lowest is still the gem of this Isle.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

muppet

We had this until Bertie decided that self-regulation (i.e. nod and wink regulation) was better.
MWWSI 2017

LaurelEye

Quote from: Mario on November 04, 2011, 11:16:59 AM
Abolish the leaving cert, they are always banging on about it like its the hardest thing you will face in your life. What is the point of doing 7 subjects in not a lot of detail the year before you go to university to concentrate on 1 subject. I'd replace it with 3 or 4 subjects like A-Level, but remove the modular aspect of A-Level so you do it all in your last year like leaving cert.

On the other hand it gives a broader overview of education (or at least is meant to) and leaves students with more choice as to what they want to do after school.

QuoteAnother schooling thing, don't let parents decide when a child starts school. Standardise it like in the north, i.e. if your child turns 5 between 1 July 2011 and 30 June 2012 you are in Primary 1. I don't understand how some people can finish school at 16 and some at 18, and then they have this year called transition year which you don't even have to do? If you opt out of that, it means you can go to university with only 12 years at school.

I don't know about up your way, but down here 8 years of primary school + 5/6 years of secondary school makes 13/14 in total. The extra year may help in adding 8 + 5 and not getting 12  ;D

QuoteAs someone else said make them do a driving test. I can't believe the amount of people who find it acceptable to drive about with L plates up on their own with no test done.

We tend not to be too impressed with yeer driving skills either. I suspect both sides behave worse on the other side of the border than they would at home.

QuoteI've had this discussion with my work colleagues, but if i was in a car accident in the south, or broke my leg, and went to a hospital with no insurance would they not treat me? Is their no state provision of healthcare? Someone told me they would but i might have to wait a bit longer and might have to share a room with someone. I would have no issues with either of these 2 things, being used to the NHS.

Yes, you'd be treated, regardless of whether you have insurance or not. Depending on whether you're kept in or on whether you came by ambulance, you might be charged €100 for the A&E visit or €100/night (up to a maximum of €1K) for your hospital stay. Avoid Drogheda, Galway or Limerick A&Es like the plague.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

lawnseed

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 06, 2011, 10:24:35 PM

Get out of your daydream. The North is a rundown dump (unforunately). Tell me that Crossmaglen CLG thinks you have proper planning laws in the 6. The North is an utter shitehole, run down and on the tit of the public sector. The Republic at its lowest is still the gem of this Isle.
mayo ffs building control has nothing to do with planning. theyre the guys that come out while the building work is in progress to insure it is done properly. but down in mexico you'd need nordies to carry it out as the brown envelopes would be out as usual or some td would be phoning up to nobble the enginneer

Main Street

How hard can it be to run a brewery in Ireland?

If Nordies had a few ideas there to get Ireland rolling on home brewed real ales and stouts, I might have a more pleasant disposition.